Cancelling Tours

We have done both.   Cancelled/Changed prior to boarding by calling the Customer Support line.  Also were able to cancel/change once onboard.

On 5/27/2024 at 3:23 PM, GMIAC said:

It's a PITA to have to call to cancel. You'd think there'd be a "cancel" button somewhere. 

Agreed!  While I find the Booking of excursions quite easy... the cancellation is NOT.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2024 at 8:49 PM, lesliew said:

Agreed!  While I find the Booking of excursions quite easy... the cancellation is NOT.

Ridiculous not to be able to cancel online. Hard to believe really. I asked my TA to do it for me

Marcy

6 hours ago, MarcyLondon said:

Ridiculous not to be able to cancel online. Hard to believe really. I asked my TA to do it for me

Marcy

Yes.. in this day of computers it should be easy.  I should be able to go into my account and cancel one excursion, let it be put back into the "pot" and then book something else, all on line.  It's not a big deal EXCEPT too many simply say "well, I'll keep it and cancel on board."  That means someone on the waiting list can't clear pre-cruise. I think a computer upgrade would be a win-win for all.

• Like 2

We just booked Hong Kong to Tokyo for February. When booking excursions, there were a number that were sold out, with no option to waitlist. Is there any way to waitlist other than hoping for a cancellation once we are on board? 

1 hour ago, Neamster said:

We just booked Hong Kong to Tokyo for February. When booking excursions, there were a number that were sold out, with no option to waitlist. Is there any way to waitlist other than hoping for a cancellation once we are on board? 

If there's no waitlist option, the only way is to check when you board. No guarantees, but they often clear. 

On 5/24/2024 at 5:22 PM, MarcyLondon said:

Do you have to wait till you are onboard to cancel tours?

Marcy

Just ring the Regent office in Southampton; they are always very helpful with excursion booking, cancelling & waitlisting

16 hours ago, Neamster said:

Thank you.. good to know. We will be at the desk as soon as onboard. Can’t wait to meet any of you on our cruise dates!

In many cases you can get on your desired excursion by going to the theater before the scheduled departure time. Unfortunately some guests wait until then to return their unused tickets. 

22 hours ago, labonnevie said:

In many cases you can get on your desired excursion by going to the theater before the scheduled departure time. Unfortunately some guests wait until then to return their unused tickets. 

Or are no-shows.

Go early, though -- as soon as the Destinations team sets up in the theater -- and put your name on the day-of wait list for your desired tour. We waited too late and were numbers 7 & 8 of a tour that ended up with 6 extra spots :-(.

I agree with the above advice about last minute availability.  But I would not just wait until you are onboard.  Availability might open up before then, especially around the time of final payment or before that.

A few months ago we were aboard Splendor when our excursions opened for booking the following year.  Due in large part to the lousy onboard wifi, which exacerbated the lousy Regent online excursion booking process, we were unable even to waitlist 2 of the excursions we most wanted, within an hour or two of the start of booking.  I mentioned this in passing to the GM, who made a note of it.  Later I was contacted by the excursion manager, who told me he would relay the issue to decision makers above him.  I told both of them I was only asking to be on a waiting list.  I never heard anything back from Regent after that. 

However, a couple of months later (still well before final payment), I happened to take another look at "My Account" online, and one of the excursions was then available and the other was available to waitlist.  I had to call to do both because mentioned above, you can't change your booking online.  And you can't get on the waitlist online if you already have something else booked.  But the phone rep easily did both.  I also later noticed in My Account that I had cleared the waitlist (for an extra cost excursion), although Regent never notified me of that.

There is a lot of room for improvement in this process. 

• Like 1

Have been watching this thread and was a bit surprised that some have "problems" with handling excursion changes by phone.  I have never had an issue.  I was prompted to respond because yesterday and again this morning, I had occasion to call Regent to make some excursion modifications - to include being put onto a waitlist for one of the excursions.  In both cases I was on the phone - without being put on hold - for less than a minute.  My experience has been that Regent makes this process extremely easy.

Just now, carolina cruisin said:

Have been watching this thread and was a bit surprised that some have "problems" with handling excursion changes by phone.  I have never had an issue.  I was prompted to respond because yesterday and again this morning, I had occasion to call Regent to make some excursion modifications - to include being put onto a waitlist for one of the excursions.  In both cases I was on the phone - without being put on hold - for less than a minute.  My experience has been that Regent makes this process extremely easy.

I've never had a problem with excursion booking/changing/cancelling on the phone. My issue is with having to call them in the first place for something that any number of other companies can let me do online. Regent's website is antiquated and, dare I say, targeted at their largest market demographic.

• Like 2