O's insincere ( or inept) efforts to survey guests

edgee

Many of us find Oceania's (same as Regent's) method of collecting guest input through the end of cruise survey quite frustrating. Surveys can only be done on line while still on the ship..no way to do it after disembarkation. On recent cruises, the end of cruise survey was not even mentioned in writing or in announcements. I actually had to ask how to pull it up on line. Today I received an email from Oceania in advance of my upcoming cruise asking me to click on a link to complete a brief survey regarding the reservation process. When I clicked on the link I immediately got a 404 error indicating an invalid link. Can't make this up. Has this happened to anyone else?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, edgee said:

Many of us find Oceania's (same as Regent's) method of collecting guest input through the end of cruise survey quite frustrating. Surveys can only be done on line while still on the ship..no way to do it after disembarkation. On recent cruises, the end of cruise survey was not even mentioned in writing or in announcements. I actually had to ask how to pull it up on line. Today I received an email from Oceania in advance of my upcoming cruise asking me to click on a link to complete a brief survey regarding the reservation process. When I clicked on the link I immediately got a 404 error indicating an invalid link. Can't make this up. Has this happened to anyone else?

Spam.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, edgee said:

I’ve read, and experienced, that using a vpn can result in 404 type errors with some servers.

Edited by Hanoj

1 hour ago, edgee said:

Your computer saved you from accessing a phishing link by blocking it with the 404 error code.  See the thread following this one.

• Like 2

On my most recent O cruises in the past year, there wasn’t any survey.  
If you have concerns, don’t wait until end of cruise.  Let somebody know that can help.  Hope that you tell somebody who listens. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Redtravel said:

On my most recent O cruises in the past year, there wasn’t any survey.  
If you have concerns, don’t wait until end of cruise.  Let somebody know that can help.  Hope that you tell somebody who listens. 

On this cruise we did fill in the mid-cruise survey and have already had a response to one of our queries.

• Like 1

On our last cruise, midway through the travel, O offered an opportunity for an interim survey, hand written, to bring up any concerns.  We expressed dismay that while they would be carrying the men's NCAA Bball finals on the tube, they would not carry the women's NCAA finals.  We got back a very nice note from the CD the next day who expressed the same concern and promised that she would do whatever was necessary at the corporate level to make sure this distinction does not recur. 

10 hours ago, edgee said:

We got this short survey re our upcoming reservation this morning and got this same 404 error message.  

4 hours ago, true45 said:

We got this short survey re our upcoming reservation this morning and got this same 404 error message.  

Please read “Sorry You Cancelled Reservation” thread.  This is definitely a Phishing scam that your computer luckily blocked when to tried responding. It was recognized by your malware. 
it seems it was Oceania’s website that got hacked and got all our emails. 

26 minutes ago, See_More said:

Please read “Sorry You Cancelled Reservation” thread.  This is definitely a Phishing scam that your computer luckily blocked when to tried responding. It was recognized by your malware. 

Oh boy 

2 hours ago, See_More said:

While highly probable that really hasn't been verified yet, just a lot of assumptions and suppositions. It could be a third party that is doing the survey for them that has an odd email address. I find it funny that everyone has a program that stopped it. I use Avast and usually when it sees something that is not right it has a window that pops up and tells you about it. Also no one here has said it opened a file and infected their computer. 

Has anyone been contacted by Oceania and told that it is a Phishing scam? Definitely is a strong word without proof. 

22 minutes ago, ORV said:

While highly probable that really hasn't been verified yet, just a lot of assumptions and suppositions. It could be a third party that is doing the survey for them that has an odd email address. I find it funny that everyone has a program that stopped it. I use Avast and usually when it sees something that is not right it has a window that pops up and tells you about it. Also no one here has said it opened a file and infected their computer. 

Has anyone been contacted by Oceania and told that it is a Phishing scam? Definitely is a strong word without proof. 

A real mystery.  I wonder.

7 hours ago, true45 said:

Do you 'hover' over the supposed email address of the sender? I NEVER click on any where it's suspect.

I am on Vista currently and recieved the same email. Reservations said that they no longer send emails.  They have a QR code which you scan to complete the final cruise survey.

Somehow people are under the delusion that the post cruise surveys (Oceania and Regent) mean anything.  I have frequently completed these (including highlighting exemplary employees)  and are met with deafening silence.  I will say that surveys I completed mid cruise were acknowledged.  I find this with both of these lines.  Their onboard product is a good one.  Their before and after product needs much improvement.  Maybe they should stop contracting things out and take some ownership. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, howiefrommd said:

Somehow people are under the delusion that the post cruise surveys (Oceania and Regent) mean anything.  I have frequently completed these (including highlighting exemplary employees)  and are met with deafening silence.  I will say that surveys I completed mid cruise were acknowledged.  I find this with both of these lines.  Their onboard product is a good one.  Their before and after product needs much improvement.  Maybe they should stop contracting things out and take some ownership. 

Concur about the post cruise surveys and like you we have found the mid cruise feedback is acknowledged and when negative, a phone call to our stateroom has been received. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Redtravel said:

If you are onboard and have a problem, it is in Oceania’s best interest to try to fix it. Once you disembark, they cannot fix a problem.  

I have found them very proactive in responding to mid cruise survey. Issue is that their process for allowing post cruise survey input is not at all user friendly given limited time window and less than convenient process for customers to fill it out. Gives impression that they are not that interested in feedback. Also adds to image of, at least corporate wise, being poor communicators with their customers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, edgee said:

found them very proactive in responding to mid cruise survey

That was our experience on our recent Vista cruise. As for the end of cruise survey, we were not able to access it on that, and the previous, cruise