Transfer from Vancouver Airport to Pan Pacific

First cruise from Vancouver and just wondering how transfer works through Holland America,   Once we arrive we collect luggage and meet Holland Rep?  We arrive at 10PM and then go on to Pan Pacific.  Is there anyplace at hotel that late to get a bite to eat?

Call Holland America or your TA and ask them to look at the breezily named Guest Logistics Transfer Summary for Vancouver. It's their reference for all the turnaround ports (where ships embark and disembark.). It will list where pickup points are and what hours they're staffed.

You're profile says you're from Wisconsin. If you are flying in from the USA, you might have to clear customs, so allow time for that.

It looks like room service is likely to be your only option that late.

https://www.panpacific.com/en/hotels-and-resorts/pp-vancouver.html

There are 3 restaurants in the Pan Pacific that may be open later, there is also room service open late. There are some eateries down Waterfront/Gas Town that should be open late as well

I think your best bet will be room service. The bar at the Pan Pacific closes at 11:30, so that’s an option if you make it down there by then. I wouldn’t advise wandering down to Gastown that late at night unless you know exactly where you’re going and take a taxi.

The Fairmont Waterfront right across the street has a bar (Arc) that is open until 1 am on weekends, but not sure what food is offered that late.

• Like 1

You will find a few restaurants/bars just outside the hotel and within a block or two. Most will be open later. It’s a busy spot around the hotel in the summer. Just don’t wander too far towards Hastings street especially at night. That area can be rough but around the hotel you will be just fine. The hotel concierge will be able to direct you. Pan pacific is a great hotel to stay at the night before your trip. We have done it a few times and will again for our October trip. 

7 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

I think your best bet will be room service. The bar at the Pan Pacific closes at 11:30, so that’s an option if you make it down there by then. I wouldn’t advise wandering down to Gastown that late at night unless you know exactly where you’re going and take a taxi.

The Fairmont Waterfront right across the street has a bar (Arc) that is open until 1 am on weekends, but not sure what food is offered that late.

Agree on not just wandering around the area at night. Just 2 blocks off the Main Street in Gas Town there were several people openly doing drugs in the early afternoon, and we were followed by a questionable individual. 

Thank you so much for everyone’s help.  No wandering for us late at night.   We will stay close to hotel.  I always have a granola bar with me just in case.

Just a thought here. If you arrive at YVR at 2200 hrs. You will have to clear customs, pick up your luggage and then proceed to the transfer. I think you would be very lucky to reach the Pan Pacific much before midnight. I just looked at the Pan Pacific website and room service ends at 2300 hrs. I'm afraid there will be very few options for food. Hopefully your in flight meal will be good and you can maybe find a convenience store on the way.

Best of luck for a great cruise, you are booked in the best place for a pre-cruise stay. Literally attached to the cruise terminal.

There is a nice pub, Mahony's, across from the hotel and a Cactus Club. Looks like they will not be open that late. You could also go on the hotel website to check how late the bar there is open and what might be on offer from room service.

My lovely wife had a thought. She suggested that you contact the Pan Pacific and see if they could have a cold plate delivered to your room before room service closes. It would be waiting for you when you arrive. I have no idea if they do this, but it is the Pan Pacific and they have a reputation for service.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

My lovely wife had a thought. She suggested that you contact the Pan Pacific and see if they could have a cold plate delivered to your room before room service closes. It would be waiting for you when you arrive. I have no idea if they do this, but it is the Pan Pacific and they have a reputation for service.

I was just going to post the same thought.  

I wouldn't do the HAL transfer. You'll be waiting for various flights to come in, enough to fill a bus. Instead, just take a taxi, which has a flat rate to any place downtown, I think $35 CAD, so about $25 for two people and climbing on or off buses or having a bus deal with crowded downtown streets or find parking. At the Pan Pacific, the quickest and easiest place to eat after a day of travel is the food court across the street, which has a wide variety of Asian and other foods, as well as fast food like Tim Horton's. 

17 minutes ago, rj59 said:

At the Pan Pacific, the quickest and easiest place to eat after a day of travel is the food court across the street, which has a wide variety of Asian and other foods, as well as fast food like Tim Horton's. 

We were at the Pan Pacific last June and very surprised that many of the places in the food court were closed by 7 pm.  Only a couple were open to 8 (and I was there several different nights).  

P.S.  We loved the Pan Pacific and the location and are returning this year.  Try calling the hotel directly and ask if they might be able to leave something in the refrigerator in the room.  (ie, salad with chicken, a sandwich, cheese plate, cookies, soda)

29 minutes ago, rj59 said:

I wouldn't do the HAL transfer. You'll be waiting for various flights to come in, enough to fill a bus. Instead, just take a taxi, which has a flat rate to any place downtown, I think $35 CAD, so about $25 for two people and climbing on or off buses or having a bus deal with crowded downtown streets or find parking. At the Pan Pacific, the quickest and easiest place to eat after a day of travel is the food court across the street, which has a wide variety of Asian and other foods, as well as fast food like Tim Horton's. 

I think you missed the point that they were getting in at midnight.  Food court closes at 9

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rj59 said:

Just took a taxi from the airport to Pan Pacific last month.  Flat rate is $41 CAD.

53 minutes ago, Windsailer said:

There is a lovely restaurant that is open 24/7 quite close to the hotel. https://www.breka.ca/

If you order from the cab on the way from the airport I am sure it would be easy to stop and pick something up. 

This a good find, but not really close to the hotel, so only really an option if indeed OP is taking a taxi from the airport. It is a good 10-15 minute cab ride (if they proceed with their planned bus transfers) from the Pan Pacific and goes through some pretty, sad and undesirable areas. 
Preorder a cheese tray for the room or get room service, would be my advice.

1 hour ago, Windsailer said:

It's  at 740 West Hastings. Less than 1/2 mile from the hotel. Perhaps you are thinking of another Breka location? 

I was! Thank you for the correction. There is a new one opening in the Nanaimo and Hastings area this week. 

I forgot about Breka!!!!   We loved that place, and went there several times last year for lunch.  It's about a 7" walk from the Pan Pacific, but it would be great to have the cab stop there.  The chicken salad sandwich was outstanding..........and I won't even mention the pastries.