2 Cabins and switching room keys

My husband and I are taking his 19 year old niece and her best friend in a cruise with us. I booked one cabin for him and his niece and another cabin across the hall for her friend and for me. 
Will there be a problem if we switch keys once we get there so that I can sleep in the cabin with my husband and the two girls can be together? 

Sorry to hijack this thread but I also have a question about room keys. DH and I have a CLS (Oasis of the Seas) booked and our 2 adult kids and their spouses would like to join us. I want the 4 of them to have access to all of the suite amenities, so if I book the 4 of them into a GS, will we be able to get 2 extra keys to our CLS, so they will be able to sleep in and/or come/go into/out of our CLS? Hope I didn't word this too confusing. TIA!

Don't just switch keys. I don't know if they will all be linked to the same credit card or not. However, even if they are you don't want a seapass that identifies you as a 19 yo as you will not be able to buy an alcoholic drink with it and you will not get on and off at ports of call with it as your picture won't match. Go to guest services and ask for extra room key for each cabin. Then live in which ever cabin you want to.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Sorry to hijack this thread but I also have a question about room keys. DH and I have a CLS (Oasis of the Seas) booked and our 2 adult kids and their spouses would like to join us. I want the 4 of them to have access to all of the suite amenities, so if I book the 4 of them into a GS, will we be able to get 2 extra keys to our CLS, so they will be able to sleep in and/or come/go into/out of our CLS? Hope I didn't word this too confusing. TIA!

We've never had trouble getting extra room keys. I don't know if they would be tighter with CLS keys or not.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Yes, you can get extra keys (cards) for your cabin. The suite concierge can make them, saving you a trip to guest services.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ATG said:

Yes, you can get extra keys (cards) for your cabin. The suite concierge can make them, saving you a trip to guest services.

On RCL they let non suite guests access to suite benefits?

38 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

On RCL they let non suite guests access to suite benefits?

@SilkySal indicated that the rest of their party was in a GS, so they would already have suite benefits.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for asking this! Our eldest will be turning 21 while we're on the cruise, so we've currently got one room booked with him and my husband and one booked with my daughter and I, which is far from the ideal sleeping arrangement. 🤪 I'll add to my "list" to ask for an extra key for each room.

• Like 1

My upcoming family cruise I have an interior and everyone else has balconies. I’m going to CS to get an access only card for my parents room. This way I can join the party and enjoy the balcony.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SoloAlaska said:

My upcoming family cruise I have an interior and everyone else has balconies. I’m going to CS to get an access only card for my parents room. This way I can join the party and enjoy the balcony.

More like one of your parents have to go to Guest Services to get the extra key to give to you.

Not just on boarding, but the bartenders will look at the picture that comes up when you order a drink.  Just one more way to keep others from sharing drink packages and the under 21 set.  

• Like 1