Allure To Be Amped

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I get zero emails from Royal 

I get emails from Celebrity, who I have never sailed and only got a Captain's Club number yesterday because of the new changes.  Oh well, not worth trying to get it fixed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

It was very popular and booked solid - hardly an standby's got in!

Must have sold a lot of drink packages on that crossing.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, 3yorkies said:

Agree!  It is the only nice Crown Lounge left in the fleet.   I was hoping they would just leave her alone.  Hate those slides.   And rumor is that Sabor will be removed, which is a favorite too.

Would much prefer Playmakers over Sabor.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

Would much prefer Playmakers over Sabor.

If they stick with the original plan, I believe that it was figured out that Sabor (which we really liked) would become Portside BBQ, and Playmakers is what would go where the Crown Lounge currently is. The original plan did not have Wonderland.

We'll see...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ok, sorry if I implied in any way that this was news.🙄 Yes, it has been talked about but this was the first I have seen that it is now scheduled to happen.

Agree, I came here to post. It's been implied for quite some time now that theAllure is undergoing some kind of refurbishment. But todays newsletter was the first official notification from Royal direct...and the first time the word "amplification" has been used.

worth a post for sure

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

We are going on her one more time before they "corrupt" her. I wish RCCL would listen to it loyal cruisers and leave 1 sister in her original beauty .  

I believe they do listen though.

Like it or not RC is the family liner and is also catering more and more to the young adult cruiser.

Im not young, but do have teens, and they are very much looking forward to the purple slide among other things...also not much use for the champagne bar for those with young families.

Not saying what you are saying is invalid, just that its clear their market is now focused on young adults and families...and that they are now cross promoting Celebrity more than eve in an attempt to lure older cruisers (or those that like the finer more sedate things) to their sister ships.

They can make far more from a cabin of four than a cabin with two....so they are doing their best to retain the family demographic over others like Norwegian, Disney and to a lesser extent Carnival 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, time cruiser said:

I believe they do listen though.

Like it or not RC is the family liner and is also catering more and more to the young adult cruiser.

Im not young, but do have teens, and they are very much looking forward to the purple slide among other things...also not much use for the champagne bar for those with young families.

Not saying what you are saying is invalid, just that its clear their market is now focused on young adults and families...and that they are now cross promoting Celebrity more than eve in an attempt to lure older cruisers (or those that like the finer more sedate things) to their sister ships.

They can make far more from a cabin of four than a cabin with two....so they are doing their best to retain the family demographic over others like Norwegian, Disney and to a lesser extent Carnival 

However, in spite of the "family vibe" the ships are still loaded with bars and lounges. The Champagne Bar was rather unique in that it was a quiet atmosphere where it was comfortable to have a conversation. Most of the other lounges have entertainment and it is difficult to talk and hear over the sound level in the venues. I will miss it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RobInMN said:

I've wondered the same thing. When Allure's original Amplification was cancelled, I believe that she was less than 5 weeks from starting. I imagine that much of what they were going to install was already on site or near by. How much of that has been stored for the last 4 years, vs. what did they try to liquidate. Certainly, something like the purple slide which was custom would likely have been stored (used for Wonder or Utopia??). But I believe that it was stated somewhere that all A/V was going to be replaced. Like every single TV. That's thousands of essentially off the shelf Samsungs. Have they stored those for the last 4 years or did they liquidate them for cash? Assuming they still do this, do they want to do a fresh install with 5 year old TVs? Lot's of questions.

BTW, those robots could be easily re-sold. They are not custom to RC. They are standard manufacturing robots.

I wouldn’t be surprised if those TVs were simply shipped over to the new ship builds that they’ve had.

• Like 1

I wonder if they will switch the locks and pay systems over to RFID from magnetic swipe systems. It sure makes it easier to get into your cabin when your hands are full.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, RobInMN said:

If they stick with the original plan, I believe that it was figured out that Sabor (which we really liked) would become Portside BBQ, and Playmakers is what would go where the Crown Lounge currently is. The original plan did not have Wonderland.

We'll see...

This would be awesome !  I don't care where they put Portside (it seems logical to me that they would put Playmaker's where Sabor is but it doesn't really make a difference, IMO) but I would be very happy if they add it somewhere.  I love the Sabor on Liberty but could never get the same experience at the Sabor on AL.  Portside BBQ would be a much better venue than Sabor, I think.

54 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder if they will switch the locks and pay systems over to RFID from magnetic swipe systems. It sure makes it easier to get into your cabin when your hands are full.

I would imagine they would, they did when oasis was amped

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I would imagine they would, they did when oasis was amped

I was thinking the same thing about Oasis.

Am booked on her in October 2025. The only reason was due to her being ampd. Went on a pre ampd Oasis and was good but better when she was ampd. Cant wait. Knew it was going ahead but better for it to be confirmed now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

However, in spite of the "family vibe" the ships are still loaded with bars and lounges. The Champagne Bar was rather unique in that it was a quiet atmosphere where it was comfortable to have a conversation. Most of the other lounges have entertainment and it is difficult to talk and hear over the sound level in the venues. I will miss it.

But you’ve said it yourself…the other bars are busy, loud sure …but that’s because they are busy.

champagne bar not so much…it makes sense they would swap it out for something more popular.

having said that, I don’t  have a preference either way, just looking at it from a business sense 

44 minutes ago, time cruiser said:

But you’ve said it yourself…the other bars are busy, loud sure …but that’s because they are busy.

champagne bar not so much…it makes sense they would swap it out for something more popular.

having said that, I don’t  have a preference either way, just looking at it from a business sense 

By quiet I didn’t mean empty. My last cruise on Allure all the seating was typically full in the evening. We just didn't have to try to talk over too loudly mixed entertainment.

• Like 4

The Champagne bar on the Allure has been and still is promoted as a meeting place for the LGBT… community because it’s a quiet place to socialize. 

2 hours ago, time cruiser said:

My husbands only hope is that they keep both flow riders, and not replace one with the kiddy water park 

The didn't remove one on Oasis when it was Amplified. I think it's safe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, time cruiser said:

After day 2 Bionic Bar is not popular

• Like 2

On 5/31/2024 at 11:55 AM, RobInMN said:

This is not "news" per say, as the Allure Captains and hotel directors have been saying this. Also, the dry dock in March of 2025 is 6 weeks, running from the end of February to the beginning of April. There's been discussion in many threads. Here's one dedicated to the amplification that was last posted to February:

Now, the big question is: Will they stick to the original plan? or will they alter it in any way? For instance, the original plan was to replace the Champagne bar with the Bionic bar. The Hotel Manager has already indicated that the Champagne bar is going away (as is Sabor). Since I think we can all agree that the Bionic bar has run it's course, might they do something like Utopia's Pesky Parrot (which is in that same location) instead?

I'm guessing they will change the original plans. Mason Jar would be a great add-on!

What restaurants were on the 2020 refurbishment plans?

1 hour ago, AspiringCindy said:

I'm guessing they will change the original plans. Mason Jar would be a great add-on!

What restaurants were on the 2020 refurbishment plans?

Here's the original Press Release from 2019:

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1403/new-amplified-adventures-on-royal-caribbeans-allure-of-the-seas-to-make-a-summer-splash-in-europe/

• Thanks 1