Question About Beaches / Restaurants At Specific Ports for This Cruise

Posted (edited)

https://www.princess.com/cruise-search/details/?voyageCode=E414

image.png.fcf74250bade5d8fea9b322aebcb2960.png

For the ports that this specific cruise visits, can anyone more knowledgeable than me advise if for all these stops if you're able to pretty much get off of the ship and walk a few minutes to a beach to chill at and restaurants in walking distance?

Just trying to plan ahead for transportation if in any of these ports, we'll get off the ship and there won't be a nearby beach and/or restaurants to explore without hailing a taxi or something.

Thanks in advance for any info. anyone can provide.

Edited by ZildjianCat
Added helpful photo

6 minutes ago, memoak said:

In St Thomas our favorite is the Screaming Rooster right at the pier. Jalapeño Mac and cheese rocks

Seems like it's maybe the Smoking Rooster from what I can see, but thank you for the recommendation!

1 minute ago, ZildjianCat said:

Seems like it's maybe the Smoking Rooster from what I can see, but thank you for the recommendation!

Yes but we call it the screaming chicken as an inside joke

Posted (edited)

We were in Princess Cays and St. Thomas in April, other ports I don't know.

I don't know how much you know about Princess Cays, but it is a Private Beach area, so maybe 50yards from the dock is the beach. Buffet lunch, with burgers, chicken and dogs complementary. If you bought one of the packages, alcoholic drinks get scanned to your Medallion's daily allotment.

St. Thomas, you dock at some shops. No beach that I could see within walking distance. Clearly a tourist area and food is expensive. Outside the shopping area, across the street, is a Chinese restaurant called China King. Our steward said he likes to eat there.

Edited by mtnesterz

There are quite a collection of ports there!!!

And, we do not know what your interests might be.

If you want beaches, and do not want to DYI, are there spaces available for the cruise ship excursions?

I am not an expert...

I will tell you what I might be thinking, based on having been to some of these.

As mentioned:  St Thomas is one port where you can walk up the pier into the Port, and book the water taxi for less than $10 pp.   This takes you around the corner to Great Bay Beach.

This might not be as 'postcard' as Magen's Bay, for example...  But is very easy.

Warning here:  If there are several ships in port, know that this beach might be especially packed!

Easy to go to Magen's bay, either by cruise ship excursion or just catch the open air Taxi busses.

St Martin.  Most beaches there would require transportation.

If you do a bit of research, you will find beaches like Maho Beach, where the jets and airplanes come and go, flying in and out of the airport just over your head.  Simpson Bay Beach.  Mullet Bay Beach.

If you want to go over to the French Side, there is very scenic Orient Bay Beach and the beach community at Grand Case.

You would need transportation to these.  There are Taxis and Tours available at the Port.

I am not as familiar with Antigua and St. Kitts.

On Antigua, I believe Dickenson Bay Beach is a popular beach, and is about 20 min. ride from the Port.  

Tortola is where you can book a cruise excursion, or a third party shore excursion company, to take a Ferry or Catamaran over to Jost Van Dyke, where there is the Soggy Dollar on White Bay.

There are beaches, but not right at the Cruise Port.  You would really have to look at these beaches to see if they are what you are looking for. 

All these ports have beaches, shopping and restaurants. Suggest you review various information on the ports of call boards.

Princess Cays is a beach. Get off the tender and you are there. If you wish to have a place in the shade get to the tender ticket location early.

In St. Thomas you can take one of the many cabs into town, about a two mile walk. You can also ask the cab to take you to a beach. Megan's Bay is popular but not the only beach.

St, Maarten has a beach right in Phillipsburg. You can take a cab or walk. The town is right behind the beach. There is also a water taxi to downtown. There are many other beaches in St Maarten such as Orient Beach and Grand Case. These are on the French side and are European style beach wear.

St. Kitts has a pier side mall for shopping, restaurants and such. At Antigua the ship docks right downtown. Easy access to stores and such. Both ports have lots of beaches. Cabs will take you. 

Yes, the is, of course, Princess Cayes.

If you are not familiar, know that this does require a Tender.  No dock there.

Lunch is all included.  If you have a package, drinks are included.

We have rented a bungalow there.  I have my favorite one!