Mr & Mrs Norwaylady+1 goes cruising on Infinity 29.6-6.7.24– Live—

16 minutes ago, depplep said:

I need you to do a "Live" on a river cruise. This is on my wishlist but can't get the hubs talked into it

You would love a river cruise😎

I love them🤩

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Alexandra,

This was another great report that brought back memories of our Greek Isles cruise on Connie.  It is always such an easy read to follow along with and catch up on at the end.  And I love that you cut to the chase on the few bits that you found to be off.

X should definitely rethink incorporating more “special” itineraries into their deployment mix in order to retain as many of us X loyalists as they can.

We snuck in our first Az cruise in Dec 2022 just on the right side of the loyalty match deadline before they were sold and left the Royal family.  We enjoyed many aspects of the line.  The friendly crew and officers, the smaller ship atmosphere, and a nice piano performer nightly in one of the lounges.

I had not really given much thought to returning to Az, but the lack of an X Icelandic itinerary starting or ending in Ireland led me to find one on Az.  I made good economic use of the matched loyalty level on the booking.

It looks like there will be more great reading and pics coinciding with all of your upcoming travels.  I am looking forward to it all.  

But one quick question for you.  Have you given up pellets for breakfast?😜

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

I booked Xpedition, a tropical small cruise ship

Oh, my, this is so sad. I've sailed Xpedition (when it was 96 pax in 2012).

Galapagos was one of my best cruise ever, I'm sure Mr and you will enjoy it very much. Celebrity is doing an outstanding job on this itinerary.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

But one quick question for you.  Have you given up pellets for breakfast?😜

No😂😂😂

I had poached eggs twice on this cruise😜😱😱😱😜

and then I had my yoghurt, fruit and pellets😋😋😋🤣🤣🤣

Mr & M on the other side, eat the whole buffet😝😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Thank you for this review very nice. Love the pictures and all had great smiles we felt the joy. 

Again thanks for sharing. 
Sea Ya 

Eric 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

💙 I do really looking forward to try AZ. 

If it goes well on AZ, we will probably book more if they have the correct itinerary for us😊

We feel that X needs to offer more of the special routes. We feel maybe a decline in the more special routes🤔🙄 

We go to the Caribbean just to get summer and sun. 
But if I can have it on a more special route to Mauritius 🇲🇺 or Madagascar 🇲🇬 or Seychelles 🇸🇨…. Count me in😂😂😎 

We have just booked Az for January 2026 going to all those places!! The price for a balcony has gone up almost $4000 since the itinerary was announced just a few weeks ago… but what an amazing route with an overnight in Zanzibar! Can that tempt you? 

Interestingly it was an email from NCL that first caught our attention with this route. However when I price it up, both NCL and Aza were the same price! No brainer as to which one to choose!   However the holiday budget now rises because we “ have” to do a safari as well now, as we are in the area! lol! 

• Haha 1

Another wonderful review!  Looking forward to your next adventure. Can I ask if you would post on the Celebrity cruise critic site when you start reviews on other lines so we can all follow along?  Thanks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Your reports always make me so happy. I wish we could cruise as much as you do but since our maximum per year per our budget is 2, I will have to live vicariously through you.

Our next cruise is Apex in October 11 nights Canaries and Portugal. Our first E class ship.

i will be really interested in how your Azamara cruise goes. Our TA raves about them.

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2024 at 4:31 PM, KforKitty said:

I’d like your views on your stateroom when you get there for 3.  We’re travelling with our adult daughter on Infinity in November and a little worried about space having previously been in a Celebrity Suite on Eclipse, but, as you say, couldn’t justify the more than double cost for a suite.

Thanks

Catherine

We had a concierge room. 

It has a sofa bed for 1 to 2 persons. 

It worked very well for us. 

Our housekeeper was super quick to make sure we had space.

So in the evening the sofa was converted to a bed and as soon as we left in the morning, it was turned up again to sofa. 

So it was only narrow space when it was out during the night. 

So we really had no problems during daytime if we stopped by. 

And M was happy, he had a full size bed alone. 

It had a mattress topper every night, so it was actually okey. I had to lay down and test. M was happy, said the bed was nice and comfy. 

If you want a litte bit more privacy, get some magnetic hooks for the ceiling, bring a shower curtain. Then it will be a little more divided and private for everyone☺️ 

• Thanks 1

For those AZ fans......

I attended a ships visit in Oslo on Saturday. AZ had turnaround day in OSLO!!!!

She was continuing on a Norwegian cruise... (yes I had it in my vision when it was opened for booking.... it was SO tempting to take the bus from my house to the pier and leave on a Norwegian artic cruise.... that would really be something)

I was invited for lunch, since I bring the Queen and a entourage of 21 balcony cabins next September in Greece😎 Mr had to stay home(he was not invited...I asked for a pluss one, denied)

Did I like what I saw😆 Oh YES....

Was the lunch good..... YES

Would Mr enjoy it.... YES🥹

Oh my....I smell trouble in the future.....😂

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Norwaylady said:

For those AZ fans......

I attended a ships visit in Oslo on Saturday. AZ had turnaround day in OSLO!!!!

She was continuing on a Norwegian cruise... (yes I had it in my vision when it was opened for booking.... it was SO tempting to take the bus from my house to the pier and leave on a Norwegian artic cruise.... that would really be something)

I was invited for lunch, since I bring the Queen and a entourage of 21 balcony cabins next September in Greece😎 Mr had to stay home(he was not invited...I asked for a pluss one, denied)

Did I like what I saw😆 Oh YES....

Was the lunch good..... YES

Would Mr enjoy it.... YES🥹

Oh my....I smell trouble in the future.....😂

That is so cool!!!

• Haha 1

On 7/16/2024 at 8:11 AM, Norwaylady said:

For those AZ fans......

I attended a ships visit in Oslo on Saturday.

Awesome!  We enjoyed our previous Azamara cruise and look forward to returning to Quest next July for our Dublin to Reykjavik sojourn.😍

• Like 1

Nice review.  I guess I missed it while galavanting around the Caribbean on the Behyond with a few days on the official "Laura 3 names" cruise and then dodging Hurricane Beryl on the next cruise.  I enjoyed reading it all today.

See you in early September I hope.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, abbydancer2003 said:

Nice review.  I guess I missed it while galavanting around the Caribbean on the Behyond with a few days on the official "Laura 3 names" cruise and then dodging Hurricane Beryl on the next cruise.  I enjoyed reading it all today.

See you in early September I hope.

Thank you❤️ Im ready for a X visit in Oslo😉