Going to shows and comedy clubs on Jubilee.

I have not been on Jubilee but I believe the set up is the same as Celebration and Mardi Gras.

For the "big" shows in celebration central (dont know what its called on Jubilee) the sight lines are awful unless you are on the main floor.  For those seats you probably need to get there more than an hour before.  

You can hang out and just drink until the show start.  🍹

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

Agree with @hapytobehr on the Celebration/Grand Central thing.

Comedy shows they basically repeat the same show 4 times so it's not that bad. Family friendly is in the limelight and adult is in the Punchliner.

I would say the worst...and this goes for all ships...is if they have the afternoon comedy show. On Jubilee we had a 3 or 4pm family friendly show which was standing room. 

Oh the magic show. When I was on Jubilee they had a magic show late afternoon in the Punchliner on the last sea day. It was the only magic show of the cruise. I got there like 20 minutes early and it was already standing room. If they're still having that one magic show in the punchliner late afternoon, you may want to get to that one an hour early.

I am in the minority here, but I do not find it worthwhile to stand around for an hour waiting to get in.  The comedians tend to make too much fun of seniors and many of them seem to be very juvenile finding the use of naughty words to be hilarious.

It takes more than a swear word to make me laugh.  And George Karlin broke those barriers more than 30 years ago.

Just last month on the jubilee, I didn’t go to the shows, but we did go to comedy. There was a line waiting to get in, but each time once everyone in the line was seated, there were still seats available. Plus they clear out the comedy club after each show. And they do enforce no seat saving. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

I am in the minority here, but I do not find it worthwhile to stand around for an hour waiting to get in.  The comedians tend to make too much fun of seniors and many of them seem to be very juvenile finding the use of naughty words to be hilarious.

It takes more than a swear word to make me laugh.  And George Karlin broke those barriers more than 30 years ago.

There are only a few ships where you have to get there right as the doors open for a seat. Sunshine is one off the top of my head. Most other ships have adequately sized comedy venues.

Yes the talent of the comedians varies greatly. Some of them spend their entire set just making jokes about immutable characteristics which I agree - isn't very funny. But some are great.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 2:52 PM, Mike45LC said:

Good thing they asked for your opinion and also its good that you can make the choice to not go to these.

On 7/19/2024 at 4:52 PM, Mike45LC said:

You are in the minority. I'm told I'm one of those seniors, and never even notice how much they "make fun" of us....and yeah...they drop the occasional or frequent F bomb or other colorful language, some more than others...but it's not those specific words that make them funny, some funnier than others, but it's not all about "swear words". And we've never waited an hour to get in to comedy shows on any ship. We don't walk right in, although that has happened occasionally, but no hour long waits either.

• Like 1