Luggage straight to airport

DeniseTr

Can you still sign up while on ship to have your luggage sent straight to airport after cruise but make your own way to the airport? 

I'd rather not take the transport to airport as I'd like to wander NYC for a few hours before flight home, but don't want to have to take my bags with me. 

Have friend sailing Princess in a couple of weeks who recommended it.

5 hours ago, DeniseTr said:

Can you still sign up while on ship to have your luggage sent straight to airport after cruise but make your own way to the airport? 

I'd rather not take the transport to airport as I'd like to wander NYC for a few hours before flight home, but don't want to have to take my bags with me. 

Have friend sailing Princess in a couple of weeks who recommended it.

They used to have a service that actually checked your bags in and you next saw them at your home airport.  Nice plan while it lasted.

Seattle has the Port Valet and it works great! It really helps people off the ship faster. I think some other ports have it too but never have seen a list. Does anyone here know of any other ports that have it? 

Last February after debarkation, I walked a block with my luggage to a Luggage storage place and left it there for the day. cost was $10 ish If I remember correctly. I enjoyed the day in the port area, collected my luggage and headed to the airport for my flight home.

1 hour ago, Bigeee67 said:

Last February after debarkation, I walked a block with my luggage to a Luggage storage place and left it there for the day. cost was $10 ish If I remember correctly. I enjoyed the day in the port area, collected my luggage and headed to the airport for my flight home.

What port?

Might ask my pre-cruise hotel to store it, but that means I'll have to go back there before heading to subway.

23 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

There are several websites and apps that have luggage storage in places all over the US and the world.  I have used Luggage Hero in Miami.

Awesome, didn't know this was an option. For less than $20 can store 2 suitcases right by Penn Station, so that option opens up the day for me. Thanks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DeniseTr said:

What port?

Might ask my pre-cruise hotel to store it, but that means I'll have to go back there before heading to subway.

Pier 88 Manhattan New York. Ink 48 hotel would not allow luggage storage. 

On 9/4/2024 at 8:17 AM, shof515 said:

Fort Launderette has it but it is not free like Seattle 

No, FLL is not free like SeaTac, but they waive the baggage over limit fees which can add up. Last cruise coming back from Rome (TA Rome->FLL) we really put it to the test - large suitcase was FULL of wine and weighed 90#. No extra charge 😎