Side to Side Port Canaveral on Royal

Have you thought about renting a car for the day and spend the day in Cocoa Beach?.. They have a shuttle to the rental car places.  Also we just went to the Nasa museum on the road past the terminal when we were there.  It is free and has lots of rocket memorabilia. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

This is all good news to me. We’ve done numerous side-by-side in Port Canaveral and this is the first time I’m learning of  transportation between ships.  In the past, I have asked guest services and have been told there is no transportation.  I am generally not a suite  guest, so perhaps that is the reason I have been told there is no service. 

Where specifically in your paperwork does it note that you are a consecutive or side to side cruiser?  Is that paperwork direct from Royal Caribbean, or from a travel agent?    We mostly do back to back cruises and I honestly don’t recall seeing consecutive listed anywhere on my paperwork. I would love to be able to check for it. I recall years ago when you indicated if you were consecutive cruiser in the check in process  but I haven’t seen that in years. We have a consecutive cruise next week and just looked at the paperwork and it is not listed anywhere.  

Thanks for  the info. 

m

The departure paperwork we received in our cabin the day before departure specifically listed side to side as "consecutive" cruises between two RCL ships. Whenever we have done multi leg cruises, we always receive a phone call from guest services a few days before the end of a leg confirming that we are doing consecutive cruises and explaining the turn around day process. When we book multi leg cruises, the booking invoice always shows them as linked. That may be because we always book all legs at the same time and generally book while onboard.

Capture.JPG

Edited by orville99

Thanks.  I have seen the section of 

"Total for cruise 1

total for cruise 2" etc. occasionally  in past years but don't recall seeing  it for a while.  Looked at my upcoming B2B next week, and no  such notification, perhaps because I booked them a few weeks apart.   I have 2 completely independent cruise reservations.  And while this has been the case for many B2B cruises, Royal  seems to know I am  B2B and I get the B2B letter in the cabin.  

I'll be sure to inquire about any S2S transportation for  our S2S in January.

Thank you

• Thanks 1

On 10/20/2024 at 3:41 PM, island lady said:

I live near Port Canaveral...and have cruised out of my home port many...many times.  Not once did I ever see a lack of taxis waiting to pick up pax.  The Uber are more tough to spot.  

Me, where I live now, which is a 25 minute drive to port from/to my house, I park in the terminal garage.  But prior to that when I lived on Merritt Island for 20 years, just 3 miles away, we would simply call a taxi to bring us to the port, leaving my vehicle in the garage.  Then hailed one on the return.  Unless this has changed...maybe you know more?  

Nice to hear this

thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Nice to hear this

thanks

You are most welcome!   I love living this close to the port, and have been using it for almost 30 years now.  My how things have changed there from Shrimping fish village to highly popular cruise port.  It was years that we dreamed of having more than one RCI ship home ported there.  Now we have several and X coming in also.  🙂 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, downundermatt said:

Just to confirm Royal have advised they will

put on a free transfer between shops, we have special luggage tags and a later time to get off.

thanks to all for your feedback 

GREAT TO HEAR.  This will help others. 

However, is this inf on the ship, or what customer service tells you?  Often there is a disconnect. Thanks 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

7 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

GREAT TO HEAR.  This will help others. 

However, is this inf on the ship, or what customer service tells you?  Often there is a disconnect. Thanks 

M

Day One I spoke to Guest Relations on board and  same night  I got a letter confirming tag number and meeting time for pax transferring to Adventure before we head to the transfer bus.

Suppose I won’t for know for sure til departure day, but this gives me more confidence !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, downundermatt said:

Day One I spoke to Guest Relations on board and  same night  I got a letter confirming tag number and meeting time for pax transferring to Adventure before we head to the transfer bus.

Suppose I won’t for know for sure til departure day, but this gives me more confidence !

Is this just for going from one RCI ship to another or is it for any other cruise ship?

19 hours ago, Trailcon said:

I know this question is a little off topic, but I have a S2S booked for December, Explorer of the Seas from Miami followed by Freedom from Port Everglades. Would Uber/Lyft be my best option?

I would definitely Uber between the two. I would also pre-arrange the ride, especially from the Miami port. Uber has a new intercity service that we have used, and it is well worth it.

On 10/20/2024 at 9:59 AM, downundermatt said:

Thanks for the link, assume we qualify as consecutive cruisers, so can bring a second bottle of wine each, even if they store one for us !

No, you must be on the same ship to be consecutive cruisers.  But you can ask them to hold your second bottle.

On 10/19/2024 at 9:04 PM, downundermatt said:

This week we have a side to side on Royal and I have a few questions.

Will Royal provide a transfer between the two ships, Utopia and Adventure ?

My understanding is I can bring in a bottle of wine for each cruise ? Does the same apply with soda, can we bring 12 cans each ?

Ideally we don’t want to leave the port when we change ships, hence the queries

Go to guest services and press the ask for a shuttle.  You may need to ask for a supervisor.

For some reason, RCI likes to keep this a secret.

As someone else posted, you will be given a luggage tag number specific to a transfer service.  You will likely be dropped off on the way to the airport.

29 minutes ago, island lady said:

And is also nice if the 2nd leg ship is at T6 as well, since it and T5 are right next to each other.  🙂 

T8 (Disney) and T10 (MSC and/or NCL) are theoretically walkable through the connecting surface parking lots as well without getting on to any of the main roads - but it would be a bit of a hike.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

T8 (Disney) and T10 (MSC and/or NCL) are theoretically walkable through the connecting surface parking lots as well without getting on to any of the main roads - but it would be a bit of a hike.

LOL...no my friend...for me anyway.    MSC/NCL/Disney....not settled into my future of any point.  😉 

• Haha 2