Another Neat Feature

jhannah

If you are on the main screen, hold your cursor over the box containing the title of a thread. After a moment, the original message that began the thread appears in a pop-up box. That is so neat. That way you can see if it's a topic you want to open and read. If you don't, it saves loading up that thread just so you can see what it's about. :cool:

Oops! Just saw where S7S noted this down farther. Anyhoo, I like it!

With huge apologies to the person who posted these instructions as I do not remember who it was......

To be able to post smilies:

Go to the top of the page and click on USER CP;

Next, click edit options;

Scroll down to the bottom ....see misc options and change to Enhanced Interface - Full Wysw....... (whatever that means)

Then hit save changes.

By doing this, you will now get an entirely different "message box" to post your replies. Above this message box, are all sorts of neat choices such as underline, italic and bold. On the right hand side, are a selection of smilies which can be inserted into messages. :)

Again....these are NOT my original directions. I regretfully cannot remember who was so kind to post them earlier today. :o

Wow wee! Now this is pretty fun :D This has sooo many more features!

Thank you to those who helped us cyber deficients :eek: This one has some funny ones, I think the eye roll is a definate improvement!:rolleyes:

Beside where it says Welcome to Our New Boards!!!! it says Read me First.

Upon reading that, you will see that Laura explained about the avatars. Seeing as I don't have an avatar, I only scanned that part.

I've never understood exactly what an "avatar" is and was always a little embarassed to ask.

(a) a pet?

(b) an appetizer?

© a sex organ? (I notice that S7S doesn't have one)

(d) a fancy name for a butler for you folks in the better suites?

Sail7Seas, I am soooo proud of you for becoming so cruise board literate so quickly. It wasn't that long ago that we were referring to ourselves as the 'computer dummies' shortly after you started using a regular computer to post on the various cruise message boards. You are indeed a great teacher once you have mastered technical 'stuff'. Way to go girlfriend.

Mariposa

PS, TomC, go stand in the corner. LOL

You have had much longer to get used to this Board than we have on the other side of the world. I have been trying to work out all the features in the last couple of hours. It is terrific but a big learning curve!!

Jennie

I read the Read Me First first and still haven't discovered why my signature line is not showing. I take it that you can block this from your individual screen if you don't want to see them, but I can't figure out why I can't see them because I want to. Anyone that can help me?

Well,Sail7Seas.....I have just tried your instructions.Now whether or not I will succeed is another matter! LOL! Anyway,I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best!

Terri;)

PS.I think it's working..................:) ......thankyou so much!

Archived