Poll: New Poseidon Movie

Will You See Poseidon?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Will You See Poseidon?

• YES: Forget Freedom. I'm going to see Poseidon!
    • NO: No Shelly Winters? I'll pass on Poseidon.
    • MAYBE: If I have nothing better to do...

Yes, I have to. Loved the original. Hope I can watch without comparing. Although the book was very different, so the new movie might be also. I don't care...will still see it.

I plan to see the movie and see how different it is from the original. Not sure it will be as good though the special effects should be much better than the first.
It should be better then the one they made for TV a few months back.

This is no way even close to the great film with Shelley, Ernest, Gene & the blonde gal who played the singer.

A crew that cannot steer over a Tseunami! Fire that captain! Hit broadside, what a joke.

I think remaking movies is a sacrilege because the original is mostly always the best. Who can remake Shelley Winter's death scene and Ernest Borgnine's anger and Gene Hackman's minister?

Ok I have to admit the first nigt of my very first cruise, what little sleep I did get I dreamt of the Poisden and all thise horror ship movies. I was not all that keen on spending a week cooped up on a ship. When I awoke ok, I was over it and have not looked back since. I saw the TV one, it was just plain silly. But IF i can catch a glimpse of Freedom up close, that will come first.

Guess you haven't seen the previews. I doubt any ship could steer over the tsunami shown in the "Poseidon" trailer.

Tsunami's are underneath, not on the surface of the water. They only look like that when they hit the shore.

Tsunami's are underneath, not on the surface of the water. They only look like that when they hit the shore.

According to the film's website, it's a 150 ft. rogue wave that hits the Poseidon. I'm guessing that's different than a Tsunami. :confused:

I won't be seeing the film & I'm trying to keep my daughter from seeing the trailers/commercials. She anxious enough as it is & she'd probably freak the whole time we're one our cruise.

Archived