Worst Cabins ?

dmk

Does anyone have information about the inside cabins 1219, 1224, 1227, 1238, 1242 Sky Deck or 4091, 4086, 4100, 4073, 4038 Continental Deck on the Mercury.

We don't know which cabin to choose....

Avoid 9068. It is conceirge class, not classified as partial obstruction, but the painters rig is set up out side it, so even 9070,too, and also more so.. the cabin that is directly below, too. Better yet, avoid the Summit all together.This painters seat would not be moved when we complained.

Would you say then that 8066 on Summit would have the painters thing too?

Judge for yourself

Dirty and faded Sofa (nice pillow) in Celebrity Suite 9096

http://www.mega-file.net/photo/view....cea600a0c50ad6

Logo in Jacuzzi in Celebrity Suite 9096

http://www.mega-file.net/photo/view....503dea2f2f36e2

Nasty door in bathroom with mold, check out the lovely step stool

http://www.mega-file.net/photo/view....07fa4454d2eedf

Another great picture of mold that was all around the tub. Also excellent caulking job!

http://www.mega-file.net/photo/view....0ad63ce72187e3

Great housekeeping by cabinet, also nice carpeting

http://www.mega-file.net/photo/view....e511264674302b

When you see that kind of filth on a ship, it kind of makes you wonder what you do not see.

If this works for you, and you do not see the details, so be it, but I felt it was time to show what I saw for two weeks.

\

Hi has anyone had trouble in Celebrity Suite 9096 on the CONSTELLATION-am due to sail in April 2007?

thanks

Ashley

Anyone know of cabin 7157 on the Infinity?

I did B2B cruise on Constellation in December 2005 and had cabin 7157. I think it was great location and I did not feel any luck of privacy on the balcony as was said in one of the previous post. I also booked same cabin for my upcoming October Cruise on Constellation.

Enjoy your cruise :)

I did B2B cruise on Constellation in December 2005 and had cabin 7157. I think it was great location and I did not feel any luck of privacy on the balcony as was said in one of the previous post. I also booked same cabin for my upcoming October Cruise on Constellation.

Enjoy your cruise :)

Great to know... I am assuming that Constellation is the same layout as the Infinity so I now can take that item off of my list of things to worry about.

Thank you so much,

esther

Does anyone have information about the inside cabins 1219, 1224, 1227, 1238, 1242 Sky Deck or 4091, 4086, 4100, 4073, 4038 Continental Deck on the Mercury.

We don't know which cabin to choose....

Moets,

Most inside cabins on the sky deck are wonderful!! We stayed in 1219, and it is a great cabin. This is a very quiet section of the ship, as there is almost no foot trafic. The only people using this hall way are the people with cabins on this deck. Across the hall are the "sky suites", and the butlers are always around helping out. On the "C" class ships we always try to get an inside (Cat 9) on the sky deck.

Enjoy!

Kel

Thank you. It makes a lot easier too choose..... We think we are going for the Sky Deck.

The cabins 1224 and 1227 (two cabins from the 1219 have on one side neighbours what's on the other side? Are this also quiet cabins?

Thank you. It makes a lot easier too choose..... We think we are going for the Sky Deck.

The cabins 1224 and 1227 (two cabins from the 1219 have on one side neighbours what's on the other side? Are this also quiet cabins?

I think there are some utility compartments, service passage ways and a major portion of the ships exhaust system. Nothing to be concerned about???

Enjoy!

Kel

Thank you Kel for your quick answer. We are convinced about the Sky Deck.

But what about the Mercury, do you like this ship?

Because I've read some negative reviews about the Mercury versus the M class ships. How was your experience because, just like us, you cruised with the M class ships.

Thank you Kel for your quick answer. We are convinced about the Sky Deck.

But what about the Mercury, do you like this ship?

Because I've read some negative reviews about the Mercury versus the M class ships. How was your experience because, just like us, you cruised with the M class ships.

Moets,

We've cruised every Celebrity ship, except the Infinity (Galaxy and Century twice), and the Mercury had the best dinning room food we have experienced. The ship is older, but in great shape. The big thing I miss by not being on the Millennium class ships, is the Aqua spa pool and cafe. We are Elite Captain's club members, so we get free use of the much smaller Aqua spa on the Mercury. Aqua spa pool is free to everyone on the Millennium class ships.

Mercury has loads of deck space, and a very uncrowded feel. Millennium class ships have a better "wow" factor, alternative restaurant, and usually cost a bit more per day.

I think the negative reviews come from people that have heard so much about how great Celebrity is, and with their expectations so high, every flaw becomes a problem for them. We have sailed Princess and RCL ships that are newer, better looking, and in better shape than the Mercury, but we don't care for the crowds, basic service, and mediocre food. Ten of my 24 cruises have been with Celebrity, and they still offer the best food and service of all the Premium/Mass market cruise lines. Holland America is my second choice.

If food, service and a classic cruise experience are not important to you, then the newer ships of Princess, RCL, NCL will offer a less formal feel, with more to do, and a little better entertainment.

I've never had a bad cruise!:)

Good luck!

Kel

Kel,

You convinced us.

Yes, we should miss the Aqua spa pool but when the service is good and the Mercury has the best dinning room food than we go for her.......

Enjoy your next cruises

Moets

• 4 weeks later...

Horizon(12/93)

Galaxy(6/97),

Zenith(3/98),

Constellation(6/02)

Century(12/02)

Millennium(6/03),

Summit(6/04)

Mercury(3/05) Galaxy(12/05), Century(3/06).

Kel

I see that you're almost up for promotion from Captain ('s Club)

Just Infinty to go and you can be "upgraded" to the Commodore's Club

Great thread! I just finished reading through the thread and didn't see this mentioned -- sorry if I missed it.

Any information on Sky Suite 1232 on the Mercury? (I do know it doesn't have the full balcony.)

Also wondering if anyone knows about refurbishing (either recently--or scheduled before it heads "down under" next year).

Thanks!

Mercury is scheduled for some time next spring. I was told onboard in July that there would be a significant refurbishment but no one would guarantee details. Something similar to Century without the major structural changes (although some said there would be some of those as well). Would be nice if details were available from home office.

Mercury is scheduled for some time next spring. I was told onboard in July that there would be a significant refurbishment but no one would guarantee details. Something similar to Century without the major structural changes (although some said there would be some of those as well). Would be nice if details were available from home office.

Thanks spengle. I checked the itineraries for spring and the Mercury has a 7 day on April 6th and nothing listed again until the 27th. So . . . there's a gap of two weeks in there.

the Summit room # 8043 is not partially obstructed as mentioned in other posts, in fact it is avery nice room. Seems that each ship places the window washing device in a different position. Or perhaps they have paid attention to these posts and just relocated it towards the elevators, any way disregard any previous posts that this room is obstructed on the SUMMIT

Never been on any celebrity cruise before, but have been on Princess, RCI, Carnaval and Holland America. We found all the lines to be great except for Carnaval which was more like a frat party than a cruise.

Looking at Greek Isle cruises Princess has a 12 day itinerary that is over a $1000 more ($2300 for an inside Vs $1,299 for the Galaxy) when compared to the 14 day Exotic Med and Black Sea. I have read on these boards that while celebrity may not be the best cruise line, it's comparable to Princess and RCI...Would you say that it is not the case...I really don't care about a foggy window in some bar, or that some carpet may be a little worn. I would be concerned if the food was terrible, or the stateroom infested with roaches...Were we wrong selecting the Galaxy?

You shouldn't have any problem with Galaxy and you will have a wonderful cruise! We generally go between Princess and X with the Sun/Century class as our favorites. Galaxy is not a brand new ship (comparable in age to sun class) but has a wonderful crew and some great features. The reviews listed below go through a lot of comparison between the two lines!

Has anyone been in this room? DW and I are booked in it for our January, 2007 cruise and we were wondering whether we should change the room. Another poster (FILADY) had reported in this thread on 5/23/2006 that, on the Infinity, cabin 8100 had a window washing contraption parked outside the veranda obstructing the view. Does this apply to all the M-class ships or only the Infinity? Any comments by people who have been in 8100 on the Millennium would be appreciated. Thank you, --Dave F.

Archived