Post Cruise--What food item you can't wait to eat when you get home?

Irishjayne

I might be the weird one, but the food at home looked like pig slop compared to the fine fare we experienced for a week! I have to say though, the day after we were home, I zipped over to Krispy Kreme and bought a dozen donuts! All the fabulous desserts on board kept me hooked! I've managed now, by day 4 at home, to start coolin' it down on the eatin!! My waist is finally returning to normal (hehe)

Cheers, I really miss all the food...and NO COOKING/DISHES:eek:

:)

Donna you HAVE to have misunderstood the question. Tell me you had the Arbys because it was time to eat, you didnt want to cook when you got home because you were tired. Its not possible that you MISSED having ARBYs on the ship is it? Karen

I think there has been a misunderstanding somewhere. I was stating that after a cruise, when it's lunch time, the Princess Shuttle going back to Tampa (where I live) makes a stop at Mcdonald's/Arby's. I never eat at Arby's except on return home from a cruise. When we eat there it is a slap in the reality face!:) However, to answer the Op's question, NO, I don't miss any food-there's just too much variety on the ship for me to miss anything.

Oh, I forgot once in awhile I like a good old fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Marilyn

P.S. Good topic, Irish

You can get a PBJ in the ship's dining room (Kids Menu), but you can't get good NY style cheesecake like Kenny & Ziggy's!!!!:D

Tex-Mex food. If you have ever been to Texas, there is NOTHING better than tex-mex food. I stop to eat it after every vacation. I haven't finished vacationing, until I complete it with good tex-mex food. I even start my vacations by eating it the night before I leave. It's so good, it would be worth vacationing here just to eat it.

Hot Spicy Mexican Take-Out from our favorite place. Fried Chicken and Fried Fish (Chinese). I have always wondered with crew of all the nationalities on board why Princess does not have some ethnic foods on the Menu in the dining room. Horizon Court often have these dishes. /Sultan

Tex-Mex food. If you have ever been to Texas, there is NOTHING better than tex-mex food. I stop to eat it after every vacation. I haven't finished vacationing, until I complete it with good tex-mex food. I even start my vacations by eating it the night before I leave. It's so good, it would be worth vacationing here just to eat it.

Ditto! I love to have a big bowl of chili con queso and some salsa with some fresh baked tortilla chips. I actually miss that in Mexico, can you believe that?

If we fly into Detroit, we always stop at the Ford Rd White Castle for a couple of their "gut bombs". If we fly into our local airport, we stop at our favorite place for a greasy "bar burger".

I always crave White Castle hamburgers probably because I can't get the real thing, only frozen in California.

Another food item I craved when I got home was an Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich.

As I sat at breakfast on disembarkemnt day, a woman next to me said that she couldn't wait to have some potato chips when she got home. It made me think what I would love to have when I got home.

An Italian sausage sandwich with jack cheese, onions, green peppers and hot sauce.

What if anything did you crave?

Ultra-SlimFast

After all that rich food- something plain and simple.

A cheddar cheese sandwich with Branston Pickle.

And of course a GOOD cup of coffee with brown sugar and vanilla creamer. HOT!!

Isn't it interesting that the simplest things in life bring us so much pleasure?

What an interesting question, with lots of great answers:)

To be honest I missed nothing on our 10 night cruise. My only problem was by night 10 I could hardly eat any more:) the food was amazing....if I wanted pizza they had it, crazing potato chips....order a sandwich from room service with potato chips....was great.

I had a harder time adjusting once home with no cruise meals......hehe. No room service....no continental breakfast, or long island iced teas.....great, now I'm hungry:)

Why do the ships don't have donuts.

They had some on one cruise we were on with the breakfast pastries (not sure it was Princess).. but they were the "7-11" kind:( I vote for donut holes at the patisserie or crullers

Oh and the tea (don't even go there). No one has good 'ole sweet "suthern" tea

Definitely Timmy's coffee!! DH was waiting when I got off the plane after my February cruise with a cup of Tim Horton's coffee in his hand for me! Ahhhhhhh! Don't knpw whether I was happier to see him or the coffee :D !