Post Cruise--What food item you can't wait to eat when you get home?

Irishjayne

two things....chicken wings (from Buffalo) & popcorn

Just wanted to say Hello to another Buffalo person. Where do you get your wings? Lately I have been going to Buffalo Wild Wings when I get the urge....

After unloading the luggage, I'm ready for good simple food. We have lunch at In-N-Out; some of you will understand what I'm saying. For the rest of you, visit In-N-Out in Southern California when cruising out of San Pedro.

Being from Cincinnati it has to be Skyline Chili!! I always take a bag of potato chips on the cruise with me. I think it's being in the hot sun that makes you crave salty stuff which the cruiselines do not serve.

I make a home cooked meal, something like vegetable soup, meatloaf or pot roast and freeze it before I leave. Once we get home, I defrost and heat..........yummy the next morning a good cup of coffee!

I have to agree that by the end of the cruise, I feel quite tired of food....however...After our last 2 cruises, I have made Macaroni & Cheese (Kraft, of course) the first night we returned. I don't even eat it very much normally, but maybe I use it to try to start getting back to reality. :confused:

And, being from Seattle, Starbucks of course!!! :D

Being from Cincinnati it has to be Skyline Chili!! I always take a bag of potato chips on the cruise with me. I think it's being in the hot sun that makes you crave salty stuff which the cruiselines do not serve.

You can order potato chips through room service.

As I sat at breakfast on disembarkemnt day, a woman next to me said that she couldn't wait to have some potato chips when she got home. It made me think what I would love to have when I got home.

An Italian sausage sandwich with jack cheese, onions, green peppers and hot sauce.

What if anything did you crave?

My DH & I always crave for some wings from Hooters.

Just wanted to say Hello to another Buffalo person. Where do you get your wings? Lately I have been going to Buffalo Wild Wings when I get the urge....

Hello from another Buffalonian! I don't live in South Buffalo but it's worth the drive to Imperial Pizza for THE BEST Pizza and wings. (It's formerly a Bocce's)

• 9 years later...

As I sat at breakfast on disembarkemnt day, a woman next to me said that she couldn't wait to have some potato chips when she got home. It made me think what I would love to have when I got home.

An Italian sausage sandwich with jack cheese, onions, green peppers and hot sauce.

What if anything did you crave?

Hagen Daz gelato with sea salt. But sadly I my poor diet is so limited any more, I feel I may insult the waiters on the ship having to refuse deserts and such. But on the last cruise before i had to change the diet I could get off the ports on the west coast and go find a donut or what ever I was craving that ship did not have. :roll eyes:

DH, he would say he would like good home cooked mexican food.

Edited by USNUZULOOSE

When we were on St Maarten I purchased a bag of classic lays at the market because I didnt want to stop to eat - I was enjoying myself to much. I then ate the chips later on. I also found them on the buffet one evening while my DH was snagging cookies for a snack.