Post Cruise--What food item you can't wait to eat when you get home?

Irishjayne

We eat very healthy.. so after 2 weeks, ready to get back to salads and our home cooking.

We sometimes have done a room service sandwich on board, believe they hav potato chips to go with a sandwich... know we have ordered extra chips, forget which lines... we cruise Princess, HAL, Cunard primarily. Cunard for sure... nost sure about Princess, may try next trip to see if the have, like to have with a drink.

Crispy flavoursome bacon. I don't know what Princess does to bacon but the crispy bacon has no flavour. The English bacon has the flavour but, of course, isn't crispy. :(

Freshly cooked Asian food, I don't care if it's spicy or not, it just has to be fresh with the right seasonings for the dish. Malaysian, Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese, Singaporean, Indian.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Actually there's nothing I miss enough to be anxious to get back home so I can have it.

I love being on cruises, where there are multiple options for meals, and at dinnertime I don't have to stand in front of my fridge and ask myself .... 'well, is it a salad dinner night again?', because there's really nothing in there that sounds good. Instead I get to sit in a pleasant dining room at a table with a cloth on it and cloth napkins, with pleasant dinner companions, open the menu and choose something that sounds yummy. and someone else prepares it, serves it, and cleans up the mess afterward!! :D

I've found potato chips on Holland America and Royal Caribbean. And I was one happy camper

Just order a room service lunch say a sandwich with chips(crisps for we in England), but I've not seen them anywhere else on Princess, If they were in Horizon Court I expect that they would be crushed by the handling.

Yes nothing like NM chiles. Hatch rules!!

Also back in the day before ships had hamburger and pizza offerings 24/7 there was only the main dining room (yes we had had cars but no cell phones:eek:) I can remember on a long cruise we took being sick of prime rib, I was suffering, that I craved a Burger King Whopper.

We bring Pringles.. so we won't miss the potato chips. Being from Canada we miss Tim Horton's coffee.. fist stop landing in Canada..

You can get potato chips from room service anytime. We order a couple plates of them when having a drink on the balcony sometimes

Edited by mmckm

Just wanted to say Hello to another Buffalo person. Where do you get your wings? Lately I have been going to Buffalo Wild Wings when I get the urge....

We go to Good Fellows in Niagara Falls NY, its just off pine st. Great wings, pizza, steak subs also

Just order a room service lunch say a sandwich with chips(crisps for we in England), but I've not seen them anywhere else on Princess, If they were in Horizon Court I expect that they would be crushed by the handling.

For those who crave chocolate when away from home, room service on Princess serves a very good chocolate layer cake that I have never seen elsewhere on their ships.

When we're on a ship we can't help but miss some good Mexican Food! Our small East Tennessee town has about 15 local Mexican restaurants....so it's something we eat quite often at home. It's always one of our first stops when we get back!