Post Cruise--What food item you can't wait to eat when you get home?

Irishjayne

I get more potato chips than I can eat whenever I order from Room Service, so I don't crave them. On our way home from cruised I make DH stop at Krystal, so I can get a couple of Krystals with cheese, a corn pup and fries. I also get a cup of ice water to cancel out the calories.

I don't miss any specific food item but I do miss being able to have a spicy meal. Princess doesn't do spicy. I also miss the ability to have a good beer. Princess doesn't have good beer.

However, I can manage to bear up under the hardship. :D

75 more days to go and then I have a17 day cruise where I don't have a 5:30 AM alarm telling me to get out of bed and go to work. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.........

COFFEE! Real, delicious American coffee. Bitterly disappointed in the so called, "fresh brewed" coffee in the IC on our recent Coral Princess cruise to/from Alaska. As soon as we could we stopped at a Starbucks in the Vancouver airport and drank real COFFEE! Yes, Starbucks coffee. Would also have been glad to find McDonald's, Denny's or Village Inn coffee. Wake up Princess!!!!

I think Princess is steeped in the English idea of coffee. German coffee is the best, as is Dutch. Holland=America also serves c**p coffee, yet they are supposed to be a Dutch company!?????????? Let's dump the IC and bring a REAL STARBUCKS on board.

If we cruised for long periods of time like Jeannie and some others are able to, I can see how I might crave something when we return, but so far our longest cruises have been ten days. I spend so much time enjoying the foods that we don't often eat at home, and not having to cook or clean up, that I don't really find myself wishing I had anything specific.

Don't hate me but meatloaf and a baked potato with crispy skin. Always reminds me of home.

I laughed when I read your post. I'm picking my folks up at the airport on Monday after their 3-week river cruise in France, and I've already planned to make meatloaf, baked potatoes, and green beans for their first dinner back in the US.

Are you guys kidding, you CANNOT be serious!! Miss food that I have to shop for, prepare, cook, and wash dishes after? HA!! Not one single thing. NOT ONE!!!

Not kidding at all, we eat better at home then anywhere else. Don't mind shopping, cooking and doing the dishes... my DH and I do it together... we don't travel for the food.

I get more potato chips than I can eat whenever I order from Room Service, so I don't crave them. On our way home from cruised I make DH stop at Krystal, so I can get a couple of Krystals with cheese, a corn pup and fries. I also get a cup of ice water to cancel out the calories.

I haven't been to a Krystal's in years (we don't have them out here), but they used to have the BEST sweet tea...

The first thing we had last week when we retuned from Alaska was take out Chinese. It was very delicious!!!!!

I think DW would agree.

She often says a nice feed of Chinese would go well.

I think Princess is steeped in the English idea of coffee. German coffee is the best, as is Dutch. Holland=America also serves c**p coffee, yet they are supposed to be a Dutch company!?????????? Let's dump the IC and bring a REAL STARBUCKS on board.

Nope, Princess tries to do an American version of Italian coffee, and mostly gets it wrong - espressos too watery, wrong balance of milk to espresso in lattes plus the milk tastes odd as it's UHT milk.

By the time I get home I'm craving a good coffee. At least my next cruise stops at several Australian ports so I'll be able get my coffee fix at regular intervals. :D

I think there has been a misunderstanding somewhere. I was stating that after a cruise, when it's lunch time, the Princess Shuttle going back to Tampa (where I live) makes a stop at Mcdonald's/Arby's. I never eat at Arby's except on return home from a cruise. When we eat there it is a slap in the reality face!:) However, to answer the Op's question, NO, I don't miss any food-there's just too much variety on the ship for me to miss anything.

Sorry - I'm going way off topic.. but I have too this is too important to miss out.

Donna, please tell me about the Princess Shuttle from FLL to Tampa? Years ago I remember booking "The Princess Express" which was run by Cruise Connection. Then we were unable to book that through Princess but continued booking directly with Cruise Connection. They went out of business and the routes were purchased by Encore. We did try it once, but they went a bit out the way to Sun City (Yeah more like an hour more out of OUR way) on our way home. Won't do that again. But if Princess is doing a shuttle I would LOVE to hear about it.