Post Cruise--What food item you can't wait to eat when you get home?

Irishjayne

I miss good ole southern sweet tea, and not unsweet tea that you add sugar to, but tea that has the sugar added while it's still warm! Also, fresh vegetables. I guess I just have too much southern in me!

Kay

Tex-Mex food. If you have ever been to Texas, there is NOTHING better than tex-mex food. I stop to eat it after every vacation. I haven't finished vacationing, until I complete it with good tex-mex food. I even start my vacations by eating it the night before I leave. It's so good, it would be worth vacationing here just to eat it.

Except New Mexico. I'm speaking from six years experience in Albuquerque and thirty-three years in Texas. Most of the time, New Mexico Mexican is better than Mexico!

I love my sweets so im taking 2 bags with me. Not long to go now I sail on saturday and get married on sunday i'm so excited!!!!!!

Hoping you have a wonderful honeymoon and cruise (how could you not?) and an even more wonderful life together. Karen

I always miss sushi when I'm on a Princess cruise. The sushi they offer is not really sushi. I go out to my favourite sushi place and have a big platter within a day or two of returning home.

I have to agree! I love sushi and can't wait to get some when I get off of the ship. I also like spicy and ethnic foods. Don't get me wrong, we love our Princess cruises and enjoy the food...there is plenty of it, but I like to eat different food than the stanard fare available on the ship. Sometimes we eat on shore just to try the local flavor. -Paula

I usually don't "crave" anything on a cruise, since there is such an abundance of food, but my favorite thing in the world to eat is Buttercream cake....like Birthday cake with the thick white icing. YUMMY!!!

Good strong hot brewed coffee!!!

Homemade spaghetti and meatballs. We always have this when we get back from a vacation. Lots of garlic bread too! And red wine---to ease the transition back to the real world.

Laughing Cow:D Lite Cheese or natural peanut butter with celery sticks (my two favorite snacks).

A handful of almonds or walnuts :) (sometimes available at Horizon Court).

Low-sodium V-8 Juice or low-sodium tomato juice for breakfast.

My favorite wines that aren't available on Princess ;) .

Bon Appetit!

Chris

What a great thread..made me laugh out loud...while I dont usually miss a thing, LOVE all the great food onboard and eat WAY too much...perhaps its authentic chinese for me and once my son was craving chips so we bought a $4 can of pringles in Costa Maya......thanks for the smiles.....

Like some others, by the end of most cruises I'm just plain sick of eating.

But ... I've adopted a low carb lifestyle. It works for me. When I'm on the ship I tend to make not so great choices a lot of the time so it means I'm up a few pounds ... usually about 5 ... when i get back. So the first few days back I really cut back the carbs and to be honest I enjoy the KISS whole foods I eat.