Post Cruise--What food item you can't wait to eat when you get home?

Irishjayne

We live in Arizona but drove to San Pedro for our cruise, we stopped at IN & OUT on the way there and it sounded so good the day we got off that we stopped there on the way back. It's a little tradition anytime we travel !

I hope you ordered it "animal style" with "extra toast" for the bun! I also never order "to go" but instead order "to eat in the car". That way I get the messy burger in a cardboard tray instead of in a sack that gets icky.

Hmmm... Maybe I should have In & Out for dinner... It's National Chicken Wing day today so I had hot wings for "breakfast" around 11:30. (My wife is out of town for the weekend.)

Of course my wife texted me earlier this afternoon that they had arrived in Ft. Bragg (California) on the coast where it was 70 degrees (it was 110 degrees here) and was having an Old 38 at a local brew pub so I was a bit jealous but I'm glad she's enjoying herself. She's attending a large Quilting meeting so she went with another quilter and I stayed home. :cool:

I hope you ordered it "animal style" with "extra toast" for the bun! I also never order "to go" but instead order "to eat in the car". That way I get the messy burger in a cardboard tray instead of in a sack that gets icky.

Hmmm... Maybe I should have In & Out for dinner... It's National Chicken Wing day today so I had hot wings for "breakfast" around 11:30. (My wife is out of town for the weekend.)

"Double Single, Mustard grilled, grilled onions, no pickles".... Yummers!

The International Cafe has the best selection of donuts I've ever come across.

I agree, I love their donuts especially the cronuts....but you have to get there early to get them.

For me, I miss Wendy's fries...they are so good.

But for a snack I miss ketchup chips with an icy coke in a glass bottle.

Seems to be plenty of that on the ship.

Not the way I like it. However, when we did the Med cruise I would have killed for a bowl. Asked for the kids menu. Huh? Look, I just want macaroni with cheese stuff on top. Huh? After the third attempt and them not figuring out what a child's menu is - I gave up. I just wanted a simple Mac & Cheese from the box type meal.

As I sat at breakfast on disembarkemnt day, a woman next to me said that she couldn't wait to have some potato chips when she got home. It made me think what I would love to have when I got home.

An Italian sausage sandwich with jack cheese, onions, green peppers and hot sauce.

What if anything did you crave?

Sardines on toast. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

California Mexican Food...usually Super Mex! They sometimes try to do Mexican on the ships, but rarely, and it is never the same:rolleyes:

My favorite food and I miss it when we travel....they do good guacamole and chips for afternoon snack though:p