% of Single Men vs. % of Single Women on cruises

gwydiana

What do you think the %'s are? It always seems to me that there are about twice as many women as men.

Am I wrong?

I don't know what the percentages are, but I imagine they are more like 4 to 1 single women to single men. I travel solo but there seems to be more women who go on cruises and share cabins together.

hee hee hee.... well I am not.... 4-1 ... I like those odds... :D now the age breakdown would be very interesting...

How old do you want us to be? :D

It's true, many more single women on cruises then men. You single male cruisers need to get the word out to your pals and bring them along!

It's true, many more single women on cruises then men. You single male cruisers need to get the word out to your pals and bring them along!

I second that :D:D

Love to travel with my girlfriends. Guys don't tend to travel with other guy friends like women do.

There were four guys we met on our last cruise, traveling as a group, that all said that they were single, but they were so busted!:eek:

Over 18 and most of your original body parts. I am not fussy. :D

Since today's 60 is the new 50 or today's 40 is the new 30 or whatever that saying is....I am totally confused.

At 51, I am very proud to have survived this long as stupid as some of my younger years were (riding motorcycles and singing in a band).

I guess there is a difference in "single" and "solo" cruising. I'm sure there are more single females than males on board; however, I have seen many more males solo cruising than females. (based on my experience seated at solo tables)

If your a single female, even if sailing with another, ask to be seated at the solo cruisers table. You will get LOTS of attention.:)

Since today's 60 is the new 50 or today's 40 is the new 30 or whatever that saying is....I am totally confused.

At 51, I am very proud to have survived this long as stupid as some of my younger years were (riding motorcycles and singing in a band).

Okay... so that have to have a pulse too... jeeez picky picky :D

snoozeman,

I've never heard of a "solos" table in the dining room, but sounds like a GREAT idea! Is this something new???

Both times I went solo last year the matre'd placed me at tables with other solo cruisers. Didn't ask or request it, just turned out that way, so I think they try to do that. They were very fun tables. BTW-late seating on each.

If two females are traveling together I'm guessing they get placed with other couples. The matre'd wouldn't know if they were single, married, sisters, a couple, or whatever; so I'm guessing they would not be placed at a solo table.

Last August a friend and I took a cruise on the Celebration. Many people thought we were crazy, two guys taking a cruise. Let me tell you, there were at least 20 single girls we met and we were literally the only single guys on board. All the men were either married or were with there girlfriends. It was the best vacation I have ever had. I even met a girl from the town I lived in and we actually dated awhile.

To the lady who said to get the word out to other guys, I would rather not. It is the one place men are actually out numbered. Guys lets keep this our secret.

What do you think the %'s are? It always seems to me that there are about twice as many women as men.

Am I wrong?

I think its more like 2 to 1 ratio, its fine with me :D

If you see a handsome guy walking around the ship lost with his Cruise Critic shirt jump him !!! that guy will be me :cool: LOL

Fred

Archived