Welcome home gift?

cadcruiser

Already called my TA this morning informing them of the letter/coupon we got yesterday and they will be applying it to not only our currently booked cruise, but also our friends, who are not CC, and joining us the same week. This works out nicely too, we just got a $162 cabin price reduction last week, and now an additional $50. May not a free cruise, but it is $212 in my favor!! :)

Nice touch X for correcting the mis-understanding.

If some of you recall, several weeks ago there was a mailing sent out by Celebrity. The outside envelope indicated that there were savings coupons inside, but when you opened it there was none.

Well, I just got a letter in the mail from them stating that they sorry for the confusion. They are indeed switching to notifying you in the mail about online coupons and that it was an oversight to have used that envelope. They will correct going forward, but also provided coupons in the mailing!!!

They inserted a coupon for me and one for a friend to book a sailing by September.

I thought that was admirable of them to not only recognized the mistake, but also to take action to correct it with a coupon. Nice to see they got this right!

Hello JoelMarj !

We already have a thread going on about this. Here is the thread :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=374414

Please try to check for existing threads before you start a new one. Thanks.

Hello JoelMarj !

We already have a thread going on about this. Here is the thread :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=374414

Please try to check for existing threads before you start a new one. Thanks.

The JoelMarj thread has been merged into this thread, so the sequence of posts may seem a bit disjointed.

The JoelMarj thread has been merged into this thread, so the sequence of posts may seem a bit disjointed.

Hi Walt !

Thanks for taking care of this :)

My TA emailed me back today and said when she got our price reduction applied last week, she also applied a $50 per cabin coupon at that time (I wondered why my new price reflected not only the lower price, but $25 pp less on top of that). She said she couldn't now apply another $50 per cabin coupon, because Celebrity doesn't allow "stacking" of their coupons, which is completely understandable. I appreciated that she applied it to our booking last week, because she never even mentioned that she did it. But she said if she hadn't already applied the $50 per cabin coupon, we could have redeemed it and Celebrity would have honored it even though we had already booked and the coupon says "for new bookings only."

I have a question maybe someone can answer?

I received the two coupons - one for ourselves and one for a friend. I have two cruises booked. Can I apply one to each cruise?

Jim

Good question!!!!! I am trying to do the same thing. I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks.

Silly me, I was so happy about the coupons that I detatched them from the paper. Now I don't know which one is for me and which is for a friend. One has my complete name and address and the other has just our names. Anyone know which is which? Thanks for all of your assistance.

Silly me, I was so happy about the coupons that I detatched them from the paper. Now I don't know which one is for me and which is for a friend. One has my complete name and address and the other has just our names. Anyone know which is which? Thanks for all of your assistance.

Hi Michele !

The one with your name and address imprinted on it (the left coupon), is the coupon for yourself. The coupon asking for additional information including the address (the right coupon) is the "for a friend" coupon.

I hope that helps !

Yesterday I received a letter with a 50.00 coupon as a way of clearing up the confusion over the welcome home gift letter. It went on to say that these offers in the future can be found on celebrity web site. It's for any departure by SEpt 10.

If the coupons are for new bookings only does that mean there is no double dipping.... that you can't book on board unless you have the coupon in hand nor that you can use a present booking # that was booked onboard?:confused:

I faxed the coupons over to my TA (just for reference) and she called the cruise line. Just as I suspected, we booked on board and they will not accept the coupons for an add'l $50 off on a cruise that was already booked on board. She said we already have our cabin credit and that is all we get. Oh well, what's $50 anyway? Doesn't hurt to try.

Archived