Welcome home gift?

cadcruiser

Hm...should I feel left out? I never got a welcome home empty gift my first cruise with Celebrity, and I guess according to these posts, I should wait anywhere from 3 to 6 months before I get my empty welcome home envelope.

I, too, don't cruise Celebrity for the membership perks, after all, anyone who's sailed with Celebrity once is a member. But it would be nice to have a little something extra to look forward to once I board her ships.

Speaking of which, are there extra perks to booking a reunion cruise? And are there any scheduled for 2007? ;)

And then I see what's given to RCCL folks, and I go hmmmm. So while I'm going on these next three, I guess I won't necessarily have much loyalty, and will just book by cruise price, itinerary, and what my friends are doing....now if my friends would just stop booking on Celebrity...

Andrew

I've been thinking about the perks I get from RCI and have been doing a little hmmming myself. Loyalty isn't really one of my strong suits and I figured I'd return the thank you that came in my empty Celebrity envelope in my own special way. I cancelled my future X cruises, and booked some new RCI cruises. The balcony discounts and concierge lounges beat an empty envelope any day IMHO. New friends are always on every cruise we take anyway... and if old friends are sailing too, that's wonderful!

We just received the same letter. Which I thought was very nice, but then noticed the envelope stating a free gift, like all of you i turned the envelope inside out and nothing. so I sent a email to Capt club, and got an automatic reply, that an answer will be coming soon. will let you all know. But now I want to check out the coupons? on their web site.;)

Here's the answer I recevied this afternoon to my email:

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any frustration this letter may have caused. Unfortunately, there was an error when mailing these letters and they were placed in the wrong envelope. As a member of the Captain's Club you are still able to go online to http://www.celebrity.com and under Captain's Club Special Offers are the members special savings. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your understanding.

So that explains it, someone goofed and used the wrong envelopes!:p

Here's the answer I recevied this afternoon to my email:

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any frustration this letter may have caused. Unfortunately, there was an error when mailing these letters and they were placed in the wrong envelope. As a member of the Captain's Club you are still able to go online to www.celebrity.com and under Captain's Club Special Offers are the members special savings. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your understanding.

So that explains it, someone goofed and used the wrong envelopes!:p

Finally, an honest response from Celebrity. However, this doesn't explain why welcome home letters are being sent 5 months after returning from a cruise. I guess this is just another error. I still haven't received a response to my e-mail.

Ours came in a plain envelope. No worries about a gift that wasn't there!:D

Hi Bobpat !

You probably had yours mailed in the new batch of envelopes... the ones without the "Welcome Home Gift" printed on them. :)

I also got the same envelope...no gift. As bad luck would have it, I went to the Captain's Club website to look at the coupons for cruises booked July 1- Sept 30., there is a coupon for a cruise I booked in April.

Does anyone have a spring newsletter with savings certificates? Wishful thinking for a certificate for May 2007 on Infinity in that issue.

My reply said "Sorry wrong envelope" ,but they added that the online offer is better than the coupon they use to give.(that is if you are interested in on of the listed cruises)........Frank:confused:

Hi Everyone !

As a follow up..... I mentioned earlier in this thread, that I emailed Ms. Taafe. While she never replied or emailed back, Ms. Taafe apparantly gave my email to Captains Club. Not what I was hoping for, but at least she delegated it to someone else.

I recieved a phone call from Ethel at Captains Club. She was extremely nice, and a pleasure to speak with. Ethel was apologetic about the snafu. She pretty much said they used the wrong envelopes. When I asked if they would be sending out coupons in a replacement mailing, she did not have an answer for me.

While I was pleased that I did get a follow up, I was disappointed that Ms. Taafe could not make the effort to respond, and that Celebrity did not do anything to resolve the problem.

Let's see if Celebrity has anything else up their sleeve about this.

• 3 weeks later...

Another follow-up on this...

I was one of those who received one of the "Welcome Home Gift" letters that were sent out recently. Today I received an apology letter from Ellen Taaffe explaining the whole mixup and that the gift was actually available through the Celebrity website. The letter did include two additional coupons worth $50 off of a future cruise if booked by September 10th. One coupon I can use and another is for a friend.

I think Celebrity made good on this mistake, though it really didn't bother me considering the number of envelopes I get that are addressed "Urgent" or "Official Business" that just turn out to be junk mail.

Chris

Let's see if Celebrity has anything else up their sleeve about this.

Hi Everyone !

As a follow up, I recieved the same letter today from Ms. Taaffe at Celebrity. I was very pleased to recieve this letter.

I wanted to say a special thank you to Ms. Taaffe, for making a special effort which shows that she listened to my email, (as well everyone's comments on here), and that Ms. Taaffe, and Celebrity made the effort, and made it right. I am very impressed.

This clearly shows that Celebrity is listening, and that is a great thing. Again, thank you Ms. Taaffe !

I also received the original letter marked 'gift enclosed' and today received a letter from Celebrity enclosing two coupons.

I do have a cruise booked on the Constellation which I booked last April, so I'm not sure if I can use the coupon. It does say 'book by Sept. 10', well, I booked before this date, so does anyone think the coupon will be honored? Does say present coupon at time of booking so who knows. I never seem to be able to use coupons. Always book at the wrong time.

Is says on the back of the coupon, 'Redeem before Final Payment is made or prior to your sailing'.

We booked months ago, but I'm assuming that this coupon can be sent in by our TA, and it will be honored.

SDCruiser

I received the same letter today. I've got an email out to my TA to see if they will honor the cruise we booked for Century next April. It says the coupon has to be redeemed at the time of booking. I think where it states the "coupon must be submitted at time of final payment or prior to your sailing" means the actual physical turning in of the coupon. Otherwise, I think you have to have the Option Code presented at the time of booking to get the discount. But as I said, I've sent my TA an email seeing if Celebrity will honor it for the cruise I booked a couple of months ago.

All we really do with the coupons is enter the coupon code or serial number in CruiseMatch 2000.

Then we wait for the confirming fax that it has been accepted. Which can take upwards to two weeks at times!

Ditto

I've e-mailed our TA and am waiting for a response to see if we can apply it to our 3/16 Galaxy cruise. In the past our prior TA just used the code and we were given the credit. We'll see what happens this time.

Like I told her $50 is $50! Of course, they could just re-vamp the CC program and do away with any coupons. Just treat your "loyal" customers, "royally" like the ad USED to say and it would be so much better.

We really do miss the pre-RCI Celebrity. It seems like we've lost so much in the way of "exceeding your expectations". Now we don't expect just about anything anymore.

Oh well, still love to sail and so far we haven't had enough problems or complaints to switch so until then, we do love the Celeb ships.

We're anxious to see some real, on paper, plans for the new Solstice and Equinox. We really don't like much bigger ships than the M-class. We weren't even sure we'd like them but Summit is now our favorite.

Keep coupon clipping everyone. I'll let you know what my TA says also.

Pat C

If some of you recall, several weeks ago there was a mailing sent out by Celebrity. The outside envelope indicated that there were savings coupons inside, but when you opened it there was none.

Well, I just got a letter in the mail from them stating that they sorry for the confusion. They are indeed switching to notifying you in the mail about online coupons and that it was an oversight to have used that envelope. They will correct going forward, but also provided coupons in the mailing!!!

They inserted a coupon for me and one for a friend to book a sailing by September.

I thought that was admirable of them to not only recognized the mistake, but also to take action to correct it with a coupon. Nice to see they got this right!

I got a letter apologizing for the error, too - along with the coupons mentioned above.

I'm wondering, though, whether this coupon ($50 off new bookings by Sept. '06), would be accepted when making an onboard booking . . . in other words, do you think I would get the onboard credit and the dollars-off with coupon??

I got a letter apologizing for the error, too - along with the coupons mentioned above.

I'm wondering, though, whether this coupon ($50 off new bookings by Sept. '06), would be accepted when making an onboard booking . . . in other words, do you think I would get the onboard credit and the dollars-off with coupon??

It worked for me on my last cruise. I booked on board then it followed with a coupon and I got that applied. Can't hurt to try!

Archived