Propose on Explorer of the Seas

Was she surprised?

Yes, she really was. She said she was "hoping" it would be while we were on the cruise, but she definitely didn't expect it at the beginning. So I'm glad I was able to surprise her. :D

And yes, this coming January. Not a long time away, but neither of us really want a long engagement. Six months feels pretty good. ;)

Hey everyone, sorry for not updating sooner...it was too hard to get on the Internet on the ship for any length of time and I've only been back for two days...I just got my pictures in order today.

But here's the update: She said YES! :D

proposal.jpg

Thanks everyone for all your support and ideas. It was a whole lot of fun!

AND I was thinking about you all week. SO HAPPY for you both. I got goose bumps looking at this picture.

Maybe we'll see some of you on future cruises! :D

Is THIS an open invitation to the wedding?! I'll be there! ;)

Ryan, do you have any other pictures? these are lovely! (i really like your formal pic)

I have lots more. :) I'm putting together an online album and I'll let you know when it's finished.

last year on our cruise (granduer/july 22,2005) my cousin proposed to his girlfriend..he waited until the whole family (all 22 of us) were getting our formal picture taken and whe we were done before we all moved he got down on his knee and proposed to her!! it was so romantic and all the people in the centruim were clapping and whistling for them!!

Congratulations! I too, have followed your thread from the beginning. That is so awesome! And you both look so happy. :)

Who took the pic of you actually proposing? You must have set that up with another passenger, hmm?

Looking forward to more pics, and a written review if you're up to it.

Ryan, I wish that we could have seen both of you more during the cruise, but you both looked so happy the times we bumped into each other.

I think it was great the way it worked out and the "mystery" photographer did a great job. He was really working hard to make sure he got it. :D

Your formal picture looks great. If you remember my e-mail address, keep us updated on the future. I know that the Crazy Cruzers would love to see some of the wedding pictures.

Congratulations to the both of you.

Your "Captain"

Ryan, I wish that we could have seen both of you more during the cruise, but you both looked so happy the times we bumped into each other.

I think it was great the way it worked out and the "mystery" photographer did a great job. He was really working hard to make sure he got it. :D

Your formal picture looks great. If you remember my e-mail address, keep us updated on the future. I know that the Crazy Cruzers would love to see some of the wedding pictures./quote]

Howard,

Thanks so much for organizing everything. I wish we could have spent more time with all of you, too, but that just didn't seem to work out. But yeah, we're both really happy. :D

And yes, I am very grateful to John for taking the video. It really did work perfectly and I'm so glad we have it.

I'll definitely keep you all updated and post some wedding pictures when they exist. ;)

Oh, and I updated my sig with the picture link, but here it is: http://picasaweb.google.com/ryaninc/Cruise2006

Congrats Ryan - your pics are adorable of the two of you! I especially like the after proposal pic with her hair blowing in the wind, you can really tell how happy you were! That one should be your wedding announcement pic!

Have a wonderful life together!

P.S. You picked a great day to propose - that was DH & my 22nd wedding anniversary (and they said it wouldn't last - we eloped!!!)

zuscruiserz, My husband and I eloped too! 30 years ago! We were just a couple of young kids at the time! Like you, everyone said, "it'll never last". I guess we showed them! :D

Ryan, congrats to you and your future bride! I'd say you are off to a great beginning!

What an awesome thread!

This would have been fun to have seen. Congrats to both of you.

Oh and UCF cruiser, I live on the east side of Orlando. Small world.

Really? me too! where exactly? we might literally be neighbors!

And how'd you like the Mariner? We're sailing her on Aug 6~

Really? me too! where exactly? we might literally be neighbors!

And how'd you like the Mariner? We're sailing her on Aug 6~

Waterford.

We loved everything about the Mariner. This was our first with RCI and it was by FAR the best vacation my family and I have ever been on.

You probally haven't know her long enough ten months is not long enough to propose.............think this over.

No, believe me, she is the one. Time doesn't necessarily mean anything...one couple I know only knew each other for a matter of days before getting engaged and they've been very happily married for over 25 years. Now they're certainly not the default, but it just goes to show that anything can work.

And Shelsy and I are both very involved in our church and we believe that God has been leading us together through this period. And now He's led us to marriage (which we're both thrilled about :D).

I know lots of people who were together for less than a year who are now happily married.

Archived