What is you favorite purse designer/brand?

I haven't been to this forum since some time and I've missed some great topics!

ย 

My favorite are: Ferragamo, Coach, Kate Spade, Longchamp, Burberry and LV.

I bought most of my bags during sales. :D

Only LV will never have discount. In fact, the price of your bag increase every year!

ย 

But I also use Puma and Adidas and some cute looking bags with no brands. :)

I have some Paloma Picasso from years ago that I always loved. Is she still in business? Still in the stores? I can't say I've seen one for years.

ย 

I don't have any Paloma Picasso bag but I remember they look very nice. They normally come in black or red color, with a golden cross as the logo, right?

ย 

Talking about brands that is/maybe out of business. There's this German brand

Seeger, they made excellent leather goods, soft like cashmere, but quite expensive. I have a small cute backpack and a travel bag, but it's not something you are willing to throw around like a LV as the leather is very delicate. You won't believe how soft the leather is without touching it. As far as I remember, the company was sold to Montblanc many years ago. Afterward, I don't see this brand anymore. It's such a shame.:(

Love LV - have a couple, Kate Spade - have 3, Coach - have 3 and Brahmin. I haven't read through all these posts to see if that brand has been mentioned but the leather used far surpasses other brands (D&B for instance.) GORGEOUS colors, several color variations and styles. Here's one I love currently.

51CXd3dU8uL._SX230_.jpg.f27a7f987305ac692b93d08dc9947de7.jpg

I have a bag made of frog skin that I inherited from my mother. I have no idea where she got it. I do not carry it as the way it opens is it opens up completely and stuff spills out too easily but I keep it because it was hers.

ย 

Sounds nice and sorry about your mom.

ย 

I am a hobo type girl but I like satchel types as well.

Love coach, MK, Prada, Gucci and Channel. I have several no names that I really love made out of of snake, alligator and ostrich. They all have the wide bar and clasp openings that everything would "dump" out.

Kurt Jerome said Jane had been unemployed for a while or working part time temporary jobs such as she wrote for a small column in a fashion magazine because of the economic crunch we had badly post 9-11,so she had time to post here. She found a full time position (probably 5 years ago?) when things finally starting picking up again, (I imagine since she loved her field so much, maybe even more than full time) so she had nil time to post on CC.

ย 

Kurt also said he also had nil time to post between his work and being a father.

ย 

CJW (Curt) is always very busy - no matter what! Between family time and work, he's usually swamped, and will be even busier coming up in the fall. His kiddos are adorable!

ย 

I told Heather about this thread resurrecting, and she didn't even remember starting one on handbags. When I told her one of her threads was revived, she was sure it was the self-tanning one.

Edited by GORDONCHICK

Coccinelle bags are my favorite. Timeless designs.... excellent quality.... they really are beautiful. They are classic.

ย 

For the workmanship the price point is just right (think $200-$450.) They are bags that most people don't have or haven't seen before, which is fun.

ย 

And they really do last forever!

CJW (Curt) is always very busy - no matter what! Between family time and work, he's usually swamped, and will be even busier coming up in the fall. His kiddos are adorable!

ย 

I told Heather about this thread resurrecting, and she didn't even remember starting one on handbags. When I told her one of her threads was revived, she was sure it was the self-tanning one.

ย 

Lol! If you are in touch with him, he can tell you about Jane as they were in touch. I remember Jane did free lance type work in the fashion business, and with the economic downturn she did not have a lot of work until things picked up again.

Curt's post is in the closed OT thread or I would resurrect it. It was at least 4 years ago maybe 5. I had asked if anyone knew what happened to her and HappyKS. (Kathy) KS replied, and said she was just not posting much, having health issues, and then Curt Jerome replied and said he was in touch with Jane and said she was super busy with work.

ย 

I used to be in touch with Mrs. Moose for awhile. I have Esther's email somewhere too. I have not "seen" her around lately I probably should check in and see if she is okay.

Sounds nice and sorry about your mom.

ย 

I am a hobo type girl but I like satchel types as well.

Love coach, MK, Prada, Gucci and Channel. I have several no names that I really love made out of of snake, alligator and ostrich. They all have the wide bar and clasp openings that everything would "dump" out.

ย 

Lol! I just mentioned it becasue someone mentioned python. It does not even have a brand name in it, just a a label that says "genuine frog skin, made in the Philippines". It is very good quality,you can tell it is some sort of animal leather (not the typical cow or horse leather for sure).

ย 

We are doing some remodeling in our home and we are moving our bedroom downstairs becasue of my health issues. I think when the room is finished instead of hiding the purse in the closet I am going to display it somehow. I saw a cute little wire dress form in one of the home decor stores. Maybe I will buy it to hang the purse on it.

ย 

I did have a beautiful Hobo bag-pretty much a shopping bag style, it was eel skin in a beautiful tropical floral print. we had visitors last month form Argentina and my friend loved it so I gave it to her. I love to wear bright color clothing too much and so it clashed. i hardly used it unless I wore black and white or navy, as the purse as too much with anything else.

• 3 weeks later...
Lol! If you are in touch with him, he can tell you about Jane as they were in touch. I remember Jane did free lance type work in the fashion business, and with the economic downturn she did not have a lot of work until things picked up again.

Curt's post is in the closed OT thread or I would resurrect it. It was at least 4 years ago maybe 5. I had asked if anyone knew what happened to her and HappyKS. (Kathy) KS replied, and said she was just not posting much, having health issues, and then Curt Jerome replied and said he was in touch with Jane and said she was super busy with work.

ย 

I didn't really keep up with Jane, but her knowledge on beauty products and some fashion were very informative.

ย 

There is another CJW thread that is alive, but on life support. I think most have moved on to busier lives. CJW has 2 adorable kiddos. I last saw him in person about a month after Princess Chaos was born. His wife is lovely and has the most mesmerizing voice. He's busy with Mr Dad things and his work most of the time.

ย 

And for those wondering, Heather (Desperatehousewife) is just as fun and crazy in person as she was on the boards. Never a dull moment with her!

Nothing with a logo or visible designer name or made of animal products.

ย 

I like artsy, minimalist, design-oriented, funky handbags. One of my faves is made out of old metal car plates. Another looks like a sitting hen, another is a Chinese food takeout box.

Edited by Bookish Angel

Guest maddycat

Coach and Dooney & Bourke. I have a Coach bag that I bought at the Woodbury Commons Outlet Mall in NY last Oct. It's a soft emerald green. I use it every day and after almost a year it still looks new. I'm constantly complimented on it. Needless to say, I love it.

• 5 weeks later...

I love LV for everyday...the Speedy is such a workhorse bag! I also love Chanel...the classic flaps are elegant and so pretty, and can be casual or dressy! :)

ย 

For cruising, I bring Chanel Mini flap, and also Wallet on Chain...they are small and can be worn crossbody. They also can be used day or evening.

ย 

For a tote, I carry one of my LV Neverfull bags...they hold a ton!

Me....I've got a lot of bags. .. I get great ones from Op Shops usually then I can chop and change! I usually bring a large handbag on the plane and in my suitcase I've packed a smaller bag for when I go to bars/shows/dancing in the evening so I can out my phone and lanyard in if it doesn't suit what I'm wearing! (Oh,;although this has nothing whatsoever to do with purses, I often tuck my lanyard in my cleavage, especially if you don't need a purse at that particular time, ie, if you've taken enough photos and have put your camera/phone away)!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Ž

Wow!! You girls sure know all your designer handbags!! I've never actually owned a designer bag, but hey, I'm happy with the variety I get from all my sources over the years!! I'm an Avon consultant too, so I've had some great pickings and prizes from Avon too!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Ž