What is you favorite purse designer/brand?

Can I chip in as a man? :D

I obviously don't buy purses/handbags (depending which side of the Atlantic you are on…), but I do have a particular penchant for bags.

My favourite all time is Coach. I like the quality, the feel, the design, the strength, the history of the brand and the style. I don't like anything with a big logo on it, or made with the logo material, but I can take a little logo, and always get the tag with my initials on it. I am very lucky that, because of my job with an airline, I go to New York a great deal, and our hotel is 2 blocks from the 5th Avenue flagship store. I have built up a great relationship with one of the ladies and one of the gents in there, and they let me know of upcoming sales, and anything they think I may like. They offer to hold things for me till I next get to New York etc… All great, and I love the service.

An increasing favourite of mine is Jack Spade. A little more utilitarian and "robust", but I do like them. Often add a bit of colour to a dull bag collection. I quite like their canvas and leather combinations. Not overly keen on their waxed canvas though, although I do have one…

I suppose I like bags, as they do not care how large you are, and always fit… :D

T5

:)

Bought these last November in Paris. LV and Prada are my fav. I do have quite a few other designers bags. [ATTACH]318365[/ATTACH][ATTACH]318366[/ATTACH][ATTACH]318367[/ATTACH][ATTACH]318368[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Also this one ImageUploadedByForums1404605044.281671.jpg.ded0ec951859d7762b1070bd27d345c0.jpg

By the way, this handbag is illegal in California. I was in the LV store in South Coast Plaza. The manager came to me and asked "where did you get that bag?" I told her I got it in Paris. She said the handle has Python skin. It's illegal in California to sell anything with Python. I did not know that. ImageUploadedByForums1404660240.725020.jpg.f555c4018298c5afc290742080fd852c.jpg

By the way, this handbag is illegal in California. I was in the LV store in South Coast Plaza. The manager came to me and asked "where did you get that bag?" I told her I got it in Paris. She said the handle has Python skin. It's illegal in California to sell anything with Python. I did not know that. [ATTACH]318402[/ATTACH]

WOW! I did not know that either. It is not illegal to own, or just to sell? The bag is just beautiful.

I love the high end bags but I don't own any. Well maybe one or two that were gifts from my cousin. The rest of my bags range when full price up to $120. But all brought on sale/reduced to $30. and under.

I have a bag made of frog skin that I inherited from my mother. I have no idea where she got it. I do not carry it as the way it opens is it opens up completely and stuff spills out too easily but I keep it because it was hers.

This seems to summarize the California law:

"The sale of python handbags in California is prohibited under a criminal statute dating back to 1971. It forbids the commercial importation, sale, or possession with intent to sell the dead body or any part of the following animals: polar bear, leopard, ocelot, tiger, cheetah, jaguar, sable antelope, wolf (Canis lupus), zebra, whale, cobra, python, sea turtle, colobus monkey, kangaroo, vicuna, sea otter, free-roaming feral horse, dolphin or porpoise (Delphinidae), Spanish lynx, or elephant. On January 1, 2010, alligator and crocodile will join the list."

Of course, if the handbag is purchased outside California, the buyer can bring it home for personal use - no problem. And though it's not legal, some California residents get friends in another state to purchase the goods for them and then send the bags through the mail. As far as I know, the Handbag Police won't pounce on a lady in Beverly Hills who is carrying a python bag . . .

Oregonians like me (and residents of other states) can order snakeskin bags to our hearts' content.

Bought these last November in Paris. LV and Prada are my fav. I do have quite a few other designers bags. [ATTACH]318365[/ATTACH][ATTACH]318366[/ATTACH][ATTACH]318367[/ATTACH][ATTACH]318368[/ATTACH]

Love, love LV, but could never afford one. So I will purchase Coach and MK.

Can I chip in as a man? :D

I obviously don't buy purses/handbags (depending which side of the Atlantic you are on…), but I do have a particular penchant for bags.

My favourite all time is Coach. I like the quality, the feel, the design, the strength, the history of the brand and the style. I don't like anything with a big logo on it, or made with the logo material, but I can take a little logo, and always get the tag with my initials on it. I am very lucky that, because of my job with an airline, I go to New York a great deal, and our hotel is 2 blocks from the 5th Avenue flagship store. I have built up a great relationship with one of the ladies and one of the gents in there, and they let me know of upcoming sales, and anything they think I may like. They offer to hold things for me till I next get to New York etc… All great, and I love the service.

An increasing favourite of mine is Jack Spade. A little more utilitarian and "robust", but I do like them. Often add a bit of colour to a dull bag collection. I quite like their canvas and leather combinations. Not overly keen on their waxed canvas though, although I do have one…

I suppose I like bags, as they do not care how large you are, and always fit… :D

T5

I too love Coach and I've bought a few of their bags at our local Coach outlet. I recently snatched up a bag for my Nook tablet and it's so cute I sometimes use it as a clutch. People compliment me on it all the time.:D

I'm a big Coach fan too. Last year when they brought back the Legacy bags for their anniversary, I thought I was going to faint. :) DH let me choose one for my birthday present and boy was that a hard decision.

In fall 2013 we where in Germany before starting a river cruise. I was in a phase of thinking I would not buy more purses because I have too many. That didn't stop me from looking and I found many top quality ones I loved. Wouldn't you know it, this was the time I stuck to my resolution and bought nothing. The first day there I even found a unique wallet that I LOVED. I left it in the store and I've looked for something like it ever since I got over this 'abstinence' silliness.

My favourite purses right now are the Derek Alexander leather. There are various qualities. I love the super soft ones. I am still trying to be conservative in my purchases.

I've looked through eBay and have been shocked by the starting prices for maybe/maybe not originals. Tory Burch are bid right up. I saw an original Chanel go for $5000. How anyone could spend that money just because it says it is authentic is beyond me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In fall 2013 we where in Germany before starting a river cruise. I was in a phase of thinking I would not buy more purses because I have too many. That didn't stop me from looking and I found many top quality ones I loved. Wouldn't you know it, this was the time I stuck to my resolution and bought nothing. The first day there I even found a unique wallet that I LOVED. I left it in the store and I've looked for something like it ever since I got over this 'abstinence' silliness.

My favourite purses right now are the Derek Alexander leather. There are various qualities. I love the super soft ones. I am still trying to be conservative in my purchases.

I've looked through eBay and have been shocked by the starting prices for maybe/maybe not originals. Tory Burch are bid right up. I saw an original Chanel go for $5000. How anyone could spend that money it says it is authentic is beyond me.

The LV with the python handle I posted I paid $9.250.00 and the black LV I paid $6.200.00. You asked why? Because I like them and because I can afford them.

M

M, it wasn't the cost that I was questioning, it was the ability to know it was authentic. Were you able to do a return in the event it wasn't? That one ad I was following had no returns. That's a lot of trust unless you know the Seller.

There is a local store here that sells NWT - replicas. They have some folks who snap these up for selling on eBay as authentic.

M, it wasn't the cost that I was questioning, it was the ability to know it was authentic. Were you able to do a return in the event it wasn't? That one ad I was following had no returns. That's a lot of trust unless you know the Seller.

There is a local store here that sells NWT - replicas. They have some folks who snap these up for selling on eBay as authentic.

Oops... I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. Many years ago I bought a Gucci bag on eBay. It was a faked. I stayed away from eBay ever since.

By the way, LV never ever discount their bags.

Marie

But it is gorgeous nonetheless!

By the way, this handbag is illegal in California. I was in the LV store in South Coast Plaza. The manager came to me and asked "where did you get that bag?" I told her I got it in Paris. She said the handle has Python skin. It's illegal in California to sell anything with Python. I did not know that. [ATTACH]318402[/ATTACH]

I am currently using a Kate Spade that I gave myself for Mother's Day. (i have gotten more compliments on that from men than from any other bag!) I do have several D&B bags--though the patterns are mostly floral or Mickey (I'm a Disney freak) and not the D&B logo. Another fairly recent find I love is Harvey's. Those bags wear really well and have fun designs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Too bad Desperatehousewife, who started the thread, is not still around. She was always a hoot.:D Wish Jane110 was still around as well.:(

What ever happened to those two? I loved Jane110 posts. And Desperatehousewife was a hoot.

I have a Kenneth Cole New York that I must have bought 6 years ago.

When I bought it everyone was how could you spend 380.00 on a bag.

I still love the bag I use it almost everyday in the Fall & Winter. It is just now starting to show any wear at all.

I also have a old black coach bag no logos. Not my thing if its not a LV then I dont do the logo. Tis bag was my moms she used it all the time. Anyway I just dug it out to take to Spain with me as it has a cross over strap and has a really thick leather strap. And it still looks great.

With bags I really think you get what you pay for.

• 2 weeks later...
What ever happened to those two? I loved Jane110 posts. And Desperatehousewife was a hoot.

Heather hasn't cruised in a while and is sticking to land-based trips right now, and is working in the travel industry. I'm going to let her know that one of her old threads was raised from the dead. I have no idea about Jane.

Heather hasn't cruised in a while and is sticking to land-based trips right now, and is working in the travel industry. I'm going to let her know that one of her old threads was raised from the dead. I have no idea about Jane.

Kurt Jerome said Jane had been unemployed for a while or working part time temporary jobs such as she wrote for a small column in a fashion magazine because of the economic crunch we had badly post 9-11,so she had time to post here. She found a full time position (probably 5 years ago?) when things finally starting picking up again, (I imagine since she loved her field so much, maybe even more than full time) so she had nil time to post on CC.

Kurt also said he also had nil time to post between his work and being a father.