What is you favorite purse designer/brand?

So.....I am off to shop this weekend with the girls and am sooooo looking forward to this.

We do it often!

We usually start early, do lunch/cocktails...shop more...dinner/cocktails...more shopping!:D

DH is only too happy for me to go and he stay with the kids becuase I come home sooooooooo happy!

ANyhow, I will be buying a new fall bag (or two;) ) and it got me to thinking about my style. I am definately more trendy I guess.... no, for sure!

I saw an old girlfriend from school tonight and she had her new Dooney and Burke bag. I realized I disliked it immensely!Just not my taste really.

(Not to offend those who like them, because that is what makes us all soooo different and fun... differnet tastes/styles... ;) )

I know what I like and am not into having something ...just because it is "new" or popular... I like what like, and that is what I buy!

Just wondering what type of handbags do you go for?

Who are YOUR favorite designers?

No flames....;)

Just curious....:)

In the handbag area .. designers don't matter at all .. I just like what I like when I see it .. Doesn't matter if it is Penney's or Nordstroms ..

I use a variety .. but going on a cruise I usually pick a functional everyday one to go with the daytime clothes and then take a lot of small evening bags to look put together for dinner.

I love soft leather and function. That comes first! That's what happens when you get old and no longer need to impress anyone.

And, I hate to be anybody's billboard.

My last 2 actual favorites came from Claudia(brass tag is inside) and Plino Visona(name is embossed on the BOTTOM). (Italian)

I'll admit to owning two of those stodgy ones whose name I will not further advertise, with the foolish lock/key thingys hanging off them. But it's like carrying "hard sided" luggage......not soft. Not comfortable. You can't get in them and out quickly and they're stupid. And they,now, unfortunately SCREAM the designer's name! Other "designer" bags that I have now do too! When you see over-indulged teenage girls carrying them.....it's time to look elsewhere!

Just get a well-made bag that works for your needs and be done with it!

Carry a "comfy", functional purse, that's well-made, modern, yet classic and always someone will say......who's is it, where'd you get that...and a conversation ensues. That's all women want.......a decent, practical bag. :)

Marty

I love, and have carried every day for 6 years, my Louis Vuitton Speedy. It is so well made - shows no wear, and I can stuff 3 pair of glasses, a paperback, wallet, and everything else I need in it with no problems. Expensive, but worth every penny! :D

Cathy

I love nice purses! Favorites of mine are Bottega Veneta, Fendi, Prima Classe, Brahmin.

I must have 12 designer bags I have picked up over the years, most in Italy.

I like to have options!

I like options too.

Can't say I have a favorite really, I like those CaviarGal mentioned plus I love Tods and Chanel, and D&G has some nice animal print ones too.

Chloe also very nice although the Paddington while nice was way to heavy empty to be practical.

Have a great shopping trip, I hope you find oodles and oodles of stuff . Enjoy:)

desperatehousewife,

I agree with you, I don't like Dooney & Bourke - too preppy for me.

For everyday I need a large bag because as a New Yorker, all those things you have in the back seat of your car, (umbrella, etc) I have to keep in my bag, though I don't like the really huge oversized ones that are in style this season. And since I walk alot and have alot of things in my bag, I won't buy a bag that's too heavy while it's empty. The Michael Kors and Louella bags are sooo heavy even before anything is put into them, I'd never buy one.

For very casual I like Henry Beguelin and Carlos Falchi bags - I like the lightweight casually elegant deerskin they use for their bags.

The high end designer brands I like are Celine, Prada, Dior, Botega Veneta, Chanel, Lambertson Truex, Chloe, Sonia Rykiel and Tanner Krolle.

Moderate priced brands I like are Furla, Cole Haan, B and D and a brand called Groom, which is only sold in France.

Happy shopping. Let us know what you buy!

I use Stone Mt. for everyday. One for winter, one for summer. I pick them because they are the right size with the right compartments for my needs. I have a Maxx that I love for the fall. But my alltime favorite is by Icon. It has dance shoes on it, and is a work of art.

By the way-- can any one recommend a good leather cleaner? I've always used saddle soap and was wondering if there is something not so tedious?

Take care,

Pat.

While I absolutely love handbags, if I purchased what I would love to own, I'd never have a dime to put in them!

I do sale shop and have picked up some lovely bags over the years. My collection includes the more moderately priced Coach (I got a great deal on that one!) Michael Kors (yes Jane, it is heavy!) Cole Haan, Lancel (looks more like a piece of luggage), a Rafe and a few more I can't remember. Plus a couple of vintage bags (is 80's vintage yet?) A Carlo Fiori (which actually would look right in style now) and a small, very cute mixed leather bag by Sharif. I love them all.

I cannot believe the prices of handbags now, I'm seeing so many in the $1200-$1700 price range. I understand there are plenty of people who can afford them, but the gap is widening, there is becoming not much in the mid range. Will we eventually be left with only the cheap junk and high end?

All that said, what I carry on a day to day basis is the same old Brighton bag that I've had for several years. It's small and lightweight, my cell is handy on the outside, it hold barely enough to get by, the strap is long enough that I can drape it over my chest if I need two hands. It fits into my storage space at work. It's not my favorite looking bag, too cutesy, but it works. I've been searching for a more stylish bag along the same lines, within my budget, for a long time.

I have a few of the Dooney & Bourke bags, but they are not my favorites, and I do not carry them often.

For day to day, my favorites have to be Coach and Kate Spade. The classic black microfiber Kate Spade "Sam" bag is the most practical purse I have ever owned. I now have it so many different colors and fabrics, I can't keep count.

I also love the Coach leather products, they are more conservative than their "logo" styles, although the one I am using today is a Coach that is hot pink fabric w/ white patent leather zebra stripes on it--really tacky, but it goes great with my end of summer ensemble today!

I actually own three Dooney and Bourke purses:p

A small barrel style (brown w/ multi-colorD+BH534.jpg DB); a larger green handbag; and this one in a pale yellow that I bought this spring while i was in manhattan.

I am loving all wristlets right now (just bought a cute one from Target).

Coach is definitely my favorite though (w/o any logos)

it's a back pack. I adore those trendy purses that you sling over your shoulder like a back pack. Coach has a great one, in lots of colors, but of course I have the basic. Nothing too "in" for me. Am now looking in consignment shops for some bargain bags; should be able to find some in FL, I hope.

For day-to-day I have a couple of simple leather Coach bags I love. They wear well and last forever. For hands-free travel I love my black Kate Spade back pack. It's also quite simple and unobtrusive, yet roomy and convenient.

I also have some no-name bags I bought just because they looked perfect with a certain outfit or pair of shoes. I Coach tweed tote that only comes out for a couple of months in Fall/Winter, and a Louis Vuitton Lucille City Bag that I haven't used for ages. :rolleyes:

I love accessories (probably more than I love clothes) and my handbags change with the seasons...my mood...my shoes...etc. It's an obsession my DH doesn't (and doesn't try to) understand. LOL!

I love accessories (probably more than I love clothes) and my handbags change with the seasons...my mood...my shoes...etc. It's an obsession my DH doesn't (and doesn't try to) understand. LOL!

I am the accessories Queen!!!

Yes, my DH totally does not understand this either!:rolleyes:

However he always seems to like my clothing, so I remind him of that constantly!

I love bags, bags, and more bags, scarves,wraps, belts... LOVE belts, long necklaces, earrings, bangles, bracelets... you name it , I have it in volume!

I guess the thing that I am turned off about Dooney and Bourke and Coach bags are the logos splattered all over them.

I am not big on sporting names all over something.

My Coach purse is black and very understated (unlike me) and is very practical.The only place it says Coach is the ziiper pull and at the top. I like it because it is roomy and durable.

I guess the thing that I am turned off about Dooney and Bourke and Coach bags are the logos splattered all over them.

I am not big on sporting names all over something.

I love Coach but I don't own a single one of their bags that has their logo splashed all over it because I don't want to be a walking advertisement for anybody. I prefer their leather goods. I carry a small black leather Coach purse every day. It fits my wallet and my cell phone and my keys and a lipstick but that's about it - my hair dresser says it's not a purse, that it's too small to be a purse. BUT I also have a Coach leather briefcase that I carry around a lot and a black Coach carry all. I have to carry too many extra bags with me due to school or work, that I can't manage anything but a small purse. My favorite Coach bag though is a handbag in a dark purple shade which I love, but I don't carry around with me often.

I love handbags!

However, I do not like the logo patterns. I really like soft buttery leather bags.

My favorite designer for the past few years has been Gucci. I have a brown suede and a flora canvas.:D

This summer I bought an Isabella Fiore hobo that has lots of beads and sequins all over it and it is soooo heavy. :eek:

I bought a YSL olive muse handbag for the fall and I am really looking forward to wearing it.

I also have a black Chanel, a small black snakeskin Leiber, and a hot pink Juicy Couture.

My creme de la creme are my two Leiber evening bags. One in brown shades. And the other in pastels that once belonged to Zsa Zsa Gabor!:)

I like classic handbags but once in a while I like something whimsical like the Isabel Fiore. Handbags are so much fun. My DH knows how much I enjoy these handbags and likes to surprise me. He got me the Gucci flora for my birthday and surprised me with a Chanel Wallet for Mother's Day.:)

What fun!

Linda

I use Stone Mt. for everyday. One for winter, one for summer. I pick them because they are the right size with the right compartments for my needs. I have a Maxx that I love for the fall. But my alltime favorite is by Icon. It has dance shoes on it, and is a work of art.

By the way-- can any one recommend a good leather cleaner? I've always used saddle soap and was wondering if there is something not so tedious?

Take care,

Pat.

I have seen some very nice stone Mountain ones-I still go mostly for aigner-their signature color that is sort've a wine/cordavan. I like that color because it goes with everything and I hate changing bags. I only chang bags for evening when I am doing something "dressy" and then I pull out one of my sparkly "formal night" cruise purses.

One thing though about Aigner -I noticed is now -they come in faux leather-yes they are less money-but they are cr^*p to me-I still want a nice leather bag. I never bought their bags for their name but for the quality- and that seems to be going.

I wish I could find Stone Mountain in the wine/cordoavan colors. All I see them in is camel and black.

While I absolutely love handbags, if I purchased what I would love to own, I'd never have a dime to put in them!

I cannot believe the prices of handbags now, I'm seeing so many in the $1200-$1700 price range. I understand there are plenty of people who can afford them, but the gap is widening, there is becoming not much in the mid range. Will we eventually be left with only the cheap junk and high end?

I said this in another post. I'm just not believing my eyes and I'm in total sticker shock on the price of handbags and shoes. I just can't go with the cheap stuff. I see it in the stores and it turns me off....and cheap shoes are uncomfortable. (besides, I'm in the industry. I'm attending 3 fashion shows next week, my credibility would suffer if I showed up wearing the cheap stuff) But the designer brand prices are just using getting absurd. Only a couple of years ago, you could get a Gucci or Prada in the $400 - $900 range. Okay, not cheap but not outrageous. Right now I have a need for a mid-size black leather "go to dinner" bag and everything I see that I like is exactly what you say - between $1200 - $1700. The Prada one that I'm really drooling over is $1500. Because it's not very trendy, I would be able to use it for years, but still.....sheesh! Frankly, I may end up doing without. I haven't seen Furla's fall collection yet, so perhaps they'll have something I want.

I haven't figured out what I'll do about shoes. The styles have taken a pretty sharp change this season with all the new toes, platforms and style changes.

I think I need a trip to Paris where I can some reasonably priced, good quality, high styled brands unknown in the US. :) Too bad I don't have friends in Italy too - now that would be a score! ;)