Where do they HIDE the chocolate's on the Maasdam?

sassy~one

:) Thank you so much. :)

For comparison photos, see here: http://www.revneal.org/weightloss1.html

Oh, and to make sure this is on "topic" (such as it is) ... I didn't lose this much weight eating chocolate. ;)

Hi Greg,

I must say that you are one of those fortunate beings that can actually carry some extra weight without looking sloppy. That said, however, we all know that it is much healthier to be slimmer, and may I say: "you look mahvellous dahling".

(With thanks to the late Fernando Lamas for the quote).

Valerie:)

Mary, I am pretty sure after a few weeks on Core you can have chocolate at least the WW Frozen chocolate bar:) I would not even want to guess how many points that piece of Dark Chocolate in the Explorer's Lounge is. Let alone I would not want to guess how many points I will comsume daily:eek: Right now I have been at 20 points something tells me that will pretty much cover my lunch in the Lido on the first day especially after I hunt down the Bread Pudding:D

Don't forget you have the 35 extra points in your "Over Draft Points Account" each week! :D I'm sure 1 piece of dark chocolate is less than 35 points!! Now I can only allow myself ONE a week ;)

I gotta tell ya: It is so much fun reading you're banter back and forth. You guys sure you don't know each other except from these boards? You all seem like great friends. I'll be boarding the beautiful and elegant Maasdam on Oct 17, 2006 for my first HAL cruise. CAN'T WAIT!

Harvey

Glad you find us so entertaining, Harvey. And no, none of us in this particular conversation have met yet. Rev Neal and I will be on the same cruise in October, and Aloha Pride has offered to meet us (and many others) when we're in Honolulu.

Gotta wonder if we'll all like each other as much face to face. :confused:

I think so.

I spent 5 weeks on the Maasdam last summer and enjoyed her thoroughly. I hope you enjoy your cruise as much.

Glad you find us so entertaining, Harvey. And no, none of us in this particular conversation have met yet. Rev Neal and I will be on the same cruise in October, and Aloha Pride has offered to meet us (and many others) when we're in Honolulu.

Gotta wonder if we'll all like each other as much face to face. :confused:

I think so.

I spent 5 weeks on the Maasdam last summer and enjoyed her thoroughly. I hope you enjoy your cruise as much.

Great way of getting out of telling us where the chocolate is, Ruth! Don't worry, a few mai tais at the Luau on the 13th and we'll ALL know!!! :D

Harvey, welcome! I wasn't able to find your post :( but I'm sure if Ruth saw it, it exists! I guess my PC is PMSing today :rolleyes:

**cough**at-least-its-not-a-MAC**cough**:cool:

**cough**at-least-its-not-a-MAC**cough**:cool:

Mary - Do you know how much Greg loves his Mac/Apple stuff? That kind of throat irritation is gonna get you in trouble. Got any robitussin? :eek: ;)

Re: the chocolate. You had asked the "where is it" question on the carpeting thread? I think. The one where you posted your beautiful wedding pic. I responded there about the Ex. Lounge & how kryos (Rita) had the info on yet another thread. Had no clue that this entire "where is the chocolate" thread existed. Blonde moment. :)

Thanks for the welcome you two. I've become addicted to these boards since joining a few months ago. I feel like I know you guys and we're friends too. I've been entertained, but I've learned lots about HAL also. Many, many thanks.

Harvey

Mary - Do you know how much Greg loves his Mac/Apple stuff? That kind of throat irritation is gonna get you in trouble. Got any robitussin? :eek: ;)

Re: the chocolate. You had asked the "where is it" question on the carpeting thread? I think. The one where you posted your beautiful wedding pic. I responded there about the Ex. Lounge & how kryos (Rita) had the info on yet another thread. Had no clue that this entire "where is the chocolate" thread existed. Blonde moment. :)

Yes, I know...I'm in BIIIGGGG trouble with Greg. Eventually. But, I'm sure he will forgive me. You know, those "dam" throat irritations!

About the chocolate, I'm just really spending the day hounding Ruth for her stash :)

Other than Chocolate, what have you been eatting? Inquiring minds want to know what program you are using. I'm starting a Weight Watchers Meeting sight here at work for our employees (I'm joining too!).

You truly look AWESOME! My DH has spent the last 9 months loosing about 65 pounds. He's so skinny, it makes me sick :p Just kidding.

My doctor had me join a health club while assigning me to a dietician and a personal trainer. They put me on a medically monitored diet that was low in fat (fewer than 20 grams per day) and low in calories (1500 or less) and high in exercise (burning at least 600 calories a day). This got me below 300 pounds fairly quickly and safely. Since then I've come back up in the calorie department to something a little more reasonable (about 1600 - 2000 per day) and allow myself a few more grams of fat. I work out every day except Sunday -- aerobic exercise every day and weight training 3 days a week -- with the objective of burning 800 - 1200 calories. My largest meal of the day is breakfast, which I eat before working out. I eat a moderate lunch and a very lite dinner (old addage: "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a working man, and supper like a pauper"). It works. On average my body burns about 2000-2500 calories more per-day than I take in, hence I lose weight.

Day's almost over in my time zone; but it's been fun.

Who's turn to be hounded tomorrow? :rolleyes:

I've still got 7 hours left to this day! :D Fortunately for you, I've got a final in about 30 min. that will keep me occupied for the next 4 hours :(

Greg, that's a HARD CORE program!! Great job sticking to it!! I probably wouldn't have had the will power :(

Rev- wow, I applaud your self discipline. What an incredible amount of determination you must have. You look GREAT! You must feel energetic too.

PS- To the WW crew (I love WW) I believe good piece of dark chocolate is about 2 WW points....if it is about an ounce. The darker, the better!

PS- To the WW crew (I love WW) I believe good piece of dark chocolate is about 2 WW points....if it is about an ounce. The darker, the better!

I could not agree more:D Love that Dark Chocolate, plus I hear it is good for the heart. Also I bbelieve you are right about that 2 pts for 1 oz. I only had 17 points today but really do not feel like eating anything more.

I do agree that Greg has done fantastic , I am very proud of him:)

Greg - That program is BRUTAL - but you are looking scrumptious! Bet you feel really good too. Can't wait to see you in January. :)

We still gotta talk Brian into it. And RuthC. And JimandStan. Think Mary & her hubby might stay on for another 11 days? ;)

I could not agree more:D Love that Dark Chocolate, plus I hear it is good for the heart. Also I bbelieve you are right about that 2 pts for 1 oz. I only had 17 points today but really do not feel like eating anything more.

Good for you woman! If I had 17 points, I'd be rushing for a WW popsicle...how do you do it? EAt filling stuff maybe?

Thank you all so much.

I have a VERY long way to go ... and it's not easy and I have stumbled a few times on this program. But ... it works, and it is not a "fad." Actually, I've learned to actually enjoy the gym-activity. Before this I used to view physical training as "torture," but that's changed.

Again, thanks for the encouragement. I realize I have a long way to go ... but, having changed not just diet but also habits and attitudes, I trust I'll eventually make it.

Here's another photo of me ... this shows how my suits have become like great big bags on me. I'm going to have to buy new ones. Pricey.

revneal0906q.jpg

Greg,

After reading about your weight loss regimen, I understand why there's not your usual broad smile in the latest pictures. You've really been working hard and it surely has not been fun. Still, what a tremendous achievement!! Congratulations!

Hi Greg,

I must say that you are one of those fortunate beings that can actually carry some extra weight without looking sloppy. That said, however, we all know that it is much healthier to be slimmer, and may I say: "you look mahvellous dahling".

(With thanks to the late Fernando Lamas for the quote).

Valerie:)

I believe that would be Billy Crystal imitating Fernando Lamas on SNL.

Harvey

Cruising on a DUTCH Flagged line is wonderful.

Having DUTCHED Chocolate is also well and produces less caloric intake.:)

Is it hiding the chocolate on the ships or is it the people just not knowing where it is? LoL...:eek:

Reverend Dr. Neal your doing great and always remember your never alone.

Two thumbs up for you.

Seeing your method working well may bring more of your phenominal writting skills to the top again.. why not go forward and cronicle these now?

Having not just chapters but more adventerous books... EG: Loosing weight at sea while you see the waves go by... Temptation is that another word for gain?

:eek:

Is there any other kind ?:D

Greg,

After reading about your weight loss regimen, I understand why there's not your usual broad smile in the latest pictures. You've really been working hard and it surely has not been fun. Still, what a tremendous achievement!! Congratulations!

Thanks ... well ... it's not my "broad smile" but it is my naughty little "I know something you don't know smirk" that Christopher says can be both bothersome and endearing at the same time. :D

How's THIS for a smile?

revneal0906s1.jpg

Archived