Does HAL Allow Cats

SnorkelBear

Methinks, you all are becoming unhinged..;) To cure this ailment, you will need an immediate cruise fix injection...Hurry & book one before Nurse Cratchett, comes for you!

SnorkelBear, Wants Cats on-board...Then must have Dogs too, but Only When it rains..

For that matter you could book a cruise when a hurricane is predicted & ask the Captain not to worry about skirting it..

Raining ____& ____: is said to come from mythology: Witches, who often took the form of their familiars: Cats, are supposed to have ridden the wind. Dogs and wolves were attendants to Odin, the god of storms and sailors associated them with rain. But there doesn't appear to be any evidence to support this idea...

Now the Dutch expression is: "Het regent pijpestelen" and I don't understand that one at all..

Happy cruising all....:) Betty

P.S. You are all a hoot!:D

We recently took our cat on a cruise and now I'm not sure we will be go on cruise without him. He spent a lot of time in the spa.

[ATTACH]28093[/ATTACH]

It's served in the Chinese resturant on the buffet...tastes just like chicken!:D

CCCM,

No charge for sevice cats such as seeing eye cats. Also, no charge for any cat willing to take on rat duty on the ropes while in port. That's what those cones are for, but a cat would be more effective. Also free for cats willing to polish all the brass with their tails or cats that will attack any cruiser trying to save poolside loungers. For the cats not willing to work, charge for each ounce gained minus money spent on their ship charge account.

DH claims to "hate" our cat, yet I've seen him leaning down to scratch her behind the ears, and under her chin. I told him we should just let her come with us when she climbs into our luggage and nobody would know except us - and the cabin steward.

I've decided this time, just to bug DH, I'm going to bring a photo of "Muggins" along in a little frame and put it on his side of the bed. On my side of the bed will be a picture of our son. :D I know he's going to l-o-v-e it, rolling his eyes all the while.

When we leave our 14 pound furry girl at home while on a cruise, we pay for it by her ignoring our presence for at least 2 or 3 days after our return.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

snorkelbear - Perhaps you know different kitties than I do/did. I have never met a working kitty. Lazy and smart kitties yes. But never a working one.

I love that thread I posted link to above. Only thing needed is pic of kitty on rock climbing wall. That would be a hoot.

Also, we would need new laundry service with kitties aboard......rollers to remove hair from formal clothes!

Just a note, I watch two kitties for friends as they travel the world, sometimes a month at a time.

Now the Dutch expression is: "Het regent pijpestelen" and I don't understand that one at all..

Very good! "Het regent pijpenstelen" translates into "it's raining pipe stems", the association being that it's raining so hard that the drops resemble (are as big as) the stem of a pipe

pipe.jpg

Thinking more on the subject of Cats on HAL ... I have the following questions: will they be properly dressed for casual, informal, and formal nights? Will they be leaving the auto-gratuity on their shipboard accounts, or will they be stiffing the staff? Will they be smuggling booze aboard? Will they be hogging deck chairs? All of these issues are critical.

Thinking more on the subject of Cats on HAL ... I have the following questions: will they be properly dressed for casual, informal, and formal nights? Will they be leaving the auto-gratuity on their shipboard accounts, or will they be stiffing the staff? Will they be smuggling booze aboard? Will they be hogging deck chairs? All of these issues are critical.

Don't forget to ask if their coats will clash with the carpet in the Main Dining Room or what "hand" they have to use to drink out of a coffee cup :confused:

[quote name='SnorkelBear']For the cats not willing to work, charge for each ounce gained minus money spent on their ship charge account.[/quote]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]Schnorkey - You've got to be kidding. Cats who are willing to work? I've got one who never leaves our bed (have no idea how he maintains his weight 'cause we don't see him eat). Another one who's only been seen by 8 people in the 10 years we've had him since he usually lives under the bed in our guest room. The third one is well, a PITA [SIZE=2](you figure it out, you acronym disliker, you) ;) .[/SIZE] All told we've estimated about 60 lbs of prime catmeat. My luggage doesn't weigh that much! Would we trade any one of them? Never.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]Greg - you are in a saucy mood today, aren't you? What'd you have for lunch, chicken CATciatorre? ;) [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Toad']Only "Cool Cats" would be allowed and only "old" cool cats, who do not smoke, and do tend to smuggle in their own catnip.[/quote]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]Drugs on board?! Can't have that. Get Copper & Lougee & the K-9s. :) [/SIZE][/FONT]

Katy and Ruth would dress appropriately in formal wear and know exactly how to use the right knife and fork and will tip accordingly. Also, they will not hog deck chairs; they will sleep in them until WE want them, and then they will happily lay in our laps. To be honest, I'd rather have these two along than some pax we've encountered!:D

There actually were cats on my last cruise as I remember . They sat at our table in fact.

Sol and Sylvia Katz , from Boca Raton, Florida

Retired couple , She was always Kvetching about something ("Its too hot" "Its too cold", "All this money for a suite and you can't get a DR. Browns Cel-Ray tonic") and how she didn't sink to the bottom of the pool with all that jewelry on is a mystery.

But he was very nice , in fact he got my wife a beautiful diamond bracelet at cost.

[quote name='babyher']There actually were cats on my last cruise as I remember . They sat at our table in fact.

Retired couple , She was always Kvetching about something ("Its too hot" "Its too cold", "All this money for a suite and you can't get a DR. Browns Cel-Ray tonic") and how she didn't sink to the bottom of the pool with all that jewelry on is a mystery.

But he was very nice , in fact he got my wife a beautiful diamond bracelet at cost.[/quote]

:D :D :D :D

[quote name='babyher']There actually were cats on my last cruise as I remember . They sat at our table in fact.

But he was very nice , in fact he got my wife a beautiful diamond bracelet at cost.[/QUOTE]

OMG- love it.

Archived