Dinner Seating

roberts2005

We are traveling with friends who are staying in a suite. Does having a suite give you any priority as to dining times. We are presently on the 8:30 seating and would like the 8:00 (The 8:00 is waitlisted)

On a recent Celebrity cruise. I was staying in a suite and they allowed us to choose whatever we wanted even if it was waitlisted.

On our last cruise, when we boarded, we were given a gold star sticker to wear. The gold star indicated we were Suite passengers. When we got to our room and found that our dining request (5:45, table for two) had filled with 8:30 table for 10, we went to see the maitre 'd at his standard meeting room where they deal with dining request problems. There was a line of about 12 or 15 people, and we got in line. All of a sudden, the maitre 'd leap from his seat at the table at the front of the room, and raced over to us, passing at least 8 or 10 other people, and asked us if everything was OK. We said we were there to ask about early seating. He asked what our seating wishes were. We said early seating was our goal, a table for two was a request, but not required. We tried to be flexible and give him some options. He apologized profusely, spun on his heal, and in about 5 minutes, we had a table for two, at the exact time we wanted.

So, to answer your question, yes, Suite passengers seem to get their dining choice. From what we have heard, that should also apply to guests the Suite passenger may be traveling with and wish to dine with.

Bruce

On our last cruise, when we boarded, we were given a gold star sticker to wear. The gold star indicated we were Suite passengers. When we got to our room and found that our dining request (5:45, table for two) had filled with 8:30 table for 10, we went to see the maitre 'd at his standard meeting room where they deal with dining request problems. There was a line of about 12 or 15 people, and we got in line. All of a sudden, the maitre 'd leap from his seat at the table at the front of the room, and raced over to us, passing at least 8 or 10 other people, and asked us if everything was OK. We said we were there to ask about early seating. He asked what our seating wishes were. We said early seating was our goal, a table for two was a request, but not required. We tried to be flexible and give him some options. He apologized profusely, spun on his heal, and in about 5 minutes, we had a table for two, at the exact time we wanted.

So, to answer your question, yes, Suite passengers seem to get their dining choice. From what we have heard, that should also apply to guests the Suite passenger may be traveling with and wish to dine with.

Bruce

Bruce, thanks for sharing that info. I am curious if all levels of Suite accomodations (SA-SZ, and PS of course) are afforded the 'gold star ;) ' treatment????

We have been in "S" suites on all three of our HAL cruises, and had our requested seating each time. This last cruise (on Rotterdam) was the only time we didn't get the requested seating prior to boading.

On one cruise, we were checking out our table right after we boarded (the dining room was open and unattended for some reason). We walked by the wait station nearest our table and saw a Post-It note on the station that said "Table 24 (a window table for 2 next to our table)reserved for PS Pax".

None of our cruises have been on the Vista ships, so don't know how they apply the preferential seating to the levels of suites.

Bruce

Bruce, thanks for sharing that info. I am curious if all levels of Suite accomodations (SA-SZ, and PS of course) are afforded the 'gold star ;) ' treatment????

That's just for the PS and S suites. But they need not go to the dining room for the change, the concierge in the Neptune Lounge will handle it (while you sip cappucino and nibble on cookies)...:)

On the R and S class ships, PS and S suites can request a certain dining time and table number, and 99% of the time our requests are honored. We had a problem only one time and it was taken care of very quickly.

On the Vista class ships, The PS, SA, SB, and SC are the only suites to get this privledge.

But keep in mind, many of the maitre'ds do like when people request certain tables and dining times as it does help them to get everything in place quicker. And they honor those requests from everyone as much as possible on a first-come basis.

On the R and S class ships, PS and S suites can request a certain dining time and table number, and 99% of the time our requests are honored. We had a problem only one time and it was taken care of very quickly.

On the Vista class ships, The PS, SA, SB, and SC are the only suites to get this privledge.

But keep in mind, many of the maitre'ds do like when people request certain tables and dining times as it does help them to get everything in place quicker. And they honor those requests from everyone as much as possible on a first-come basis.

KK, thanks!

GOLD STARS??

We haven't gotten them in over a year!!!

THANK GOODNESS. I felt so uncomfortable wearing those stickers. I used to put it on my carryon, my purse, anywhere but my person.

I actually complained (loudly) about them and was thrilled when they disappeared.

Thanks for the information. Back to the original question. Should my friend who is category S wait till he boards to request the change orshold he have the TA do it now.

Also can the friend when he goes to the person in the Neptune lounge to request the change include us who are category A?

Thanks for the information. Back to the original question. Should my friend who is category S wait till he boards to request the change orshold he have the TA do it now.

Also can the friend when he goes to the person in the Neptune lounge to request the change include us who are category A?

To answer your question. YES, make the request now. Also as long as your booking numbers linked and you TA has requested that you dine together you should have no problems. If when you board this is a problems you friend in the S Suite can go talk to their Concierge:)

We were in an S suite on the Amsterdam. Our two sons had inside cabins. They were allowed to board with us using priority embarkation since they were travelling with us. After we boarded, I told them both to go to their cabins and get their dinning room table assignments and come back to our cabin with them right away. We were all at different tables. There were 6 of us. I immeditely went to the room where they were handling the changes with the cards. They gave us a fabulous table for 6 at the aft next to a window. That alone was worth the price of the suite to me.

Diane

Archived