Why Coke, Not Pepsi

partsman

Tab is still available - because there are so many carbonated and non carb. beverages competing for space in the aisle it doesn't have full distribution (meaning you can't get it everyplace). THe major grocers here in Chicago carry it.

Tab is owned by Coca-Cola. Many of our corporate officers still drink Tab.

coca cola is nasty, i would never drink cola again if that was the only choice. quit drinking reg. pepsi and now drink pepsi one. diet squirt and diet A & W next choices. bring 1 can for each day of the cruise.

martinis/wine/champagne the rest of the time!!!

Pepsi one? Wow, Pepsi stopped distributing that in the Southeast US...or at least the parts of the southeast that I have worked in. Zero demand for it.

An interesting fact about Corona....Budwesier owns it...or at least a large portion of it, but they don't own the distributing rights to it. (This is what a good friend of mine that works for bud told me)

But, it actually makes sense. Pepsi bought out Quaker Oats which owned Gatorade. QO had distribustion contracts with other companies for 10 years...so Pepsi was not able to fully distribute Gatorade after they bought out QO for a number of years.

Ok - so where does this leave us Dr. Pepper fans? DrP is my favorite (like someone else said that is my 'coffee' and I can have it morning,noon or night) but I can do Mr. Pibb in a pinch but the ships have neither??? Why is that???:confused:

Cuz Coke is better :D

Yep!

I went to Emory University (in Atlanta) which was founded by the Coca-Cola family (the Candlers). You would NEVER find anything but Coke on campus. Nor would you find anything but Pepsi just off campus. I still prefer Coke. Always have. Always will.

Money Money Money Money Money. It all comes down to Money. :D

not necessarily, net cost is a major consideration, but equally important is service and Coke has a sginificantly higher share of the US beverage market meaning a higher % of Princess customers prefer Coke.

Ok - so where does this leave us Dr. Pepper fans? DrP is my favorite (like someone else said that is my 'coffee' and I can have it morning,noon or night) but I can do Mr. Pibb in a pinch but the ships have neither??? Why is that???:confused:

Ok here is why - South Fl Coca-Cola doesn't distribute Pepper.....

Also princess along with other cruie lines use a lot of Bar guns - well, Pepper, Rootbeer, Orange are Pungent - meaning that their flavor will over power the other flavors on the bar guns, thus you HAVE to replace the bar gun to get rid of that taste from the gun... that is why coke and pepsi in large corp accounts will not put those products on bar guns....

I know someone is going to say well, at my local bar/restaurant they have pepper or pibb on the gun....well...its because at the local level many of the sales reps aren't educated by their local bottlers enough to know better.

I think it comes down to the price paid for the drink. Think about it...If they save just a penny over Pepsi per drink at the millions of drinks sold per year, that adds up quick.

A lot of times its because of marketing.....

The Soda Card that everyone seems to love was brought to the cruiselines from Coca-Cola. Along with the Mug idea.

To me, Pepsi One tastes better than Diet Coke, regular Diet Pepis, or even Pepsi.

When I'm at the mall for a meal (we actually have a few meals at the food court each week on the average), and if I didn't bring a bottle from home, I'll usually buy from the booth with the Pepsi (or at least get my drink from there and the food elsewhere).

So there are people that smuggle Pepsi products onboard? How does this work? Do you put it in your checked luggage? Do they collect it at the gangway for delivery the last night? Is there a corkage fee at dinner?

Well I personally prefer Mtn Dew, also don't see why the lines can't offer more variety - they just end up not selling me any sodas and I brink my own. Also they do need more variety for instance my mother has to drink caffeine free diet, and they don't offer anything like that on the ships I have been on.

Archived