Why Coke, Not Pepsi

partsman

The only soda my wife drinks is diet pepsi. This is her morning coffee and snack drink of choice. We buy a 6 pack of 24oz.bottles and carry it aboard for her to drink on board. Can usually find it at most ports of call when ashore to supplement if needed. okbowler

The only soda my wife drinks is diet pepsi. This is her morning coffee and snack drink of choice. We buy a 6 pack of 24oz.bottles and carry it aboard for her to drink on board. Can usually find it at most ports of call when ashore to supplement if needed. okbowler

I'm the same way with diet Coke. When I wake up, my first stop is the frig. to get one. However, I prefer plastic bottled, then canned and a lowly third is fountain. Which is why even on Princess, I don't get the drink sticker.

Does Anyone Know Why Princess And Others Use Coke Products And Not Pepsi.this May Seem Minor To Most People But As A Avid Pepsi Drinker Who Does Not Like Coke Its Not So Minor!

Why would the #1 Cruiseline want to carry #2 ?

Coca-Cola takes care of the Cruiselines. They have a special team that works with them....If Princess says jump, usually Coca-Cola says how high.

another reason: Coca-Cola is a better mixer.

Btw, it doesn't seem minor, if Princess served Pepsi, I would fine another cruiseline, that is how much of a Coca-Cola person I am.

Both Coke and Pepsi compete and sign exclusive contracts with companies so that they are the only product offered on the ship. The last couple of places I have worked (not ships), have had exclusive contracts with Pepsi so Pepsi products are the only choices I have at my place of employment. From what I understand - they are very competitive in their negotiating to win the exclusive contract.

Both Coke and Pepsi compete and sign exclusive contracts with companies so that they are the only product offered on the ship. The last couple of places I have worked (not ships), have had exclusive contracts with Pepsi so Pepsi products are the only choices I have at my place of employment. From what I understand - they are very competitive in their negotiating to win the exclusive contract.

I once worked for such a venue .......... My boss drank Tab (that tells you it's been a while). I drink diet Coke. We used to have to carry our "goods" into the office in brown paper bags ...... I am not kidding. :cool:

I Know Its All About Money,but With The Lines Now Wanting To Give People More Choices It Would Be Nice To Have The Option Of Either One.How Would People Feel If Only One Brand Of Beer,or Wine,or Bourbon Was Offered?I Would Think That As Much Product Is Used Either Way That Princess Could Still Work Out A Great Deal With Both.I'll Still Cruise Either Way,I'm Just Saying It Would Be Nice To Have The Choice.If You Were A Bud Drinker And All They Had Was Miller Would It Stop You From Going?I Would Hope Not!

How Would People Feel If Only One Brand Of Beer,or Wine,or Bourbon Was Offered?I Would Think That As Much Product Is Used Either Way That Princess Could Still Work Out A Great Deal With Both.I'll Still Cruise Either Way,I'm Just Saying It Would Be Nice To Have The Choice.If You Were A Bud Drinker And All They Had Was Miller Would It Stop You From Going?I Would Hope Not!

You should ask Corona drinkers that question – Princess doesn’t carry Corona because of these beverage contracts. It seems that for soft drinks, the contract includes exclusivity – so they can’t work out a deal with both.

You should ask Corona drinkers that question – Princess doesn’t carry Corona because of these beverage contracts. It seems that for soft drinks, the contract includes exclusivity – so they can’t work out a deal with both.

I have a bev. distributor as a client ... the only area not as miltant as soft drinks (i.e., Pepsi v. Coke) is beer ......

I'm one of those who bring Pepsi products onboard. I especially can't stand the taste of Sprite. What I love to do is get one of those 24 oz. bottles of Mountain Dew and partially freeze it.

"I once worked for such a venue .......... My boss drank Tab (that tells you it's been a while). I drink diet Coke. We used to have to carry our "goods" into the office in brown paper bags ...... I am not kidding. :cool:"

That reminds me of some years ago when I worked for a major PR firm and the edict came down from the head office that since UPS was a client, we were supposed to use them exclusively for our shipping. As the office manager (who had to hear from my staff moaning and groaning), I wrote a memo to the head of our office with the reasons why we needed the option of FedX too. So he backed us up.

Oh yes, this is completely true. Of course, at the college I graduated from, for years Coke had the contract and people complained like no tomorrow because they couldn't get Mountain Dew. Then when Pepsi won the contract, they complained because they could no longer get Coke.

This IS the same way with beer....They formerly(several years ago) offer Corona(which, is the BIGGEST seller in the Caribbean) No longer offer it, and it ticks me off!..Why don't they offer it?.Cause they have a contract with Dos Equis that's why...And they can't sell Heineken's as well!..It's about money, pure and simple...

Another Diet Coke fan here :)

In my college years I was a Tab drinker - because that's what the cafe stocked. When Tab was no longer available I changed to Diet Coke.

Probably drink 2 liters/day. Start my day with a huge frosted mug of it, and have a stocked frig in my office at work with it.

I am VERY happy Princess has a Coke contract :)

coca cola is nasty, i would never drink cola again if that was the only choice. quit drinking reg. pepsi and now drink pepsi one. diet squirt and diet A & W next choices. bring 1 can for each day of the cruise.

martinis/wine/champagne the rest of the time!!!

Archived