Just booked an 11 night cruise, and it leaves in the AM

sassy~one

Do your immigration forms on line and PRINT them out. As long as you do this, you won't have any problems at the pier.

Hope you live near there.

There will be luggage tags at the pier that you can hand fill out before you hand over your luggage.

I am surprised that you are able to book a cruise 24 hours before it leaves.

Have a great cruise.

Talk about last minute. lol. Has any one ever booked last minute? any idea on luggage, NO tags, No docs, ect? We are cruiseing on the Miss Massdam out of Norfolk. Yikes its tomorrow! Thanks debbie

Hi Debbie,

We booked last minute on HAL after the Princess Star caught fire. No docs, no tags, just our confirmation that was emailed to us. They were wonderful at the pier in Fort Lauderdale. We were asked to arrive a little early and speak with either the porter or anyone from HAL, let them know we needed tags and they would take care of it. Also, let them know you have no docs so that they can provide you with the forms to complete while waiting in line. Once you've done that it's a breeze.

Have a wonderful trip!:D

Wow, that's great, 24 hours notice!

You will get a confirmation by e-mail, print a copy. If you have your room number, I suggest you make luggage tags with the ship name and room number. If they have tags at the pier perfect but if they don't you will be covered.

OK, now you need to pack your suitcase.

THINGS YOU CAN'T LEAVE WITHOUT

-Medications and prescription of those medications (plenty for the whole trip + 1 extra week just in case)

-Cruise confirmation that was e-mailed to you

-Passport or birth certificate if passport is not required where you will be sailing

-Official Picture ID

-Cash (as many 1$ and 5$ as you can)

-Credit Cards

OTHER VERY IMPORTANT THINGS:

-Bathing suit

-Shorts, T-shirts or tank tops

-Evening wear

-Sandals, walking/running shoes

-underwear (panties, socks, bras)

-Beach Bag or backpack for excursions

-Sunscreen

-Makeup (if you think you need it)

Enjoy your cruise!

HOW GREAT!!! Have a fabulous time. Take good care of "MY" :) Maasdam.

The manifest needs to be submitted 72 hours before the ship enters a U.S. port. They don't care about who is leaving the country on the ship; they want to know who is entering.

HOW GREAT!!! Have a fabulous time. Take good care of "MY" :) Maasdam.

The manifest needs to be submitted 72 hours before the ship enters a U.S. port. Homeland Security doesn't care about who is leaving the country on the ship; they want to know who is entering.

Have a great trip, I live in Va BEach, and was wondering what kind of last minute deal you got? We might do this some time too if the price was right.... If you dont want to say I understand....

Thank You all so much...and the list is awesome. We are booked on the nov 19 cruise also, and i had just started packing. I know its the same cruise, but for the cost...i could not pass it up. Thanks debbie

Gosh if i cant do this i guess they can delete it. Total cost per person 680.00 that includes all tx and port fees. Now its a NN room, and i have no idea what it is till i get there. For 11 nights....i feel its an awesome price. Debbie:)

I am surprised that you are able to book a cruise 24 hours before it leaves.

LOL ... if they have empty cabins, believe me ... they'll gladly take your money. :)

I'd be willing to bet it won't be long before you can book at the pier on the morning of the cruise ... like in the "olden days." :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Gosh if i cant do this i guess they can delete it. Total cost per person 680.00 that includes all tx and port fees. Now its a NN room, and i have no idea what it is till i get there. For 11 nights....i feel its an awesome price. Debbie:)

That is a killer price. You were smart booking last minute. I only wish I had that flexibility. For the money you save, you can probably double your number of cruises in a year ... without spending any additional money.

Have a great trip!

Blue skies ...

--rita

thats less then 62.oo per nite pp -------------you cant get a motel 6 for that price and they are going to throw in all the meals and let you buy photographs too

Just an additional question. We now live in Florida, close to the cruise ports. How does one go about getting a really great "last minute" deal? Do you call the cruise line direct, book with a local TA, or book with on-line agency? Just curious, as we really want to start doing it more now that employment is no longer a factor. Thanks for all suggestions.

Talk about last minute. lol. Has any one ever booked last minute? any idea on luggage, NO tags, No docs, ect? We are cruiseing on the Miss Massdam out of Norfolk. Yikes its tomorrow! Thanks debbie

Hey Sassy~one (do you have any idea how long it took me to find the ~ LOL). You guys are awesome!!!! Live in FL but not quite as close, but love the deals that can be found. Please let me know how the cruise went and what you thought of the cabin you got--very interested. I like to grab the moment and hubby likes to plan.

Archived