They Overbooked Our Cruise . . . .

debshomespun

The Zuiderdam had the same problem at the last minute. Friends of ours took an offer: they switched to a sailing in the spring and got it with a 75% rebate! They told their TA that they might change but that the first offer wasn't good enough. We said no right away: we were healthy enough to travel now, but were concerned about our health 6 months from now. btw, we had a wonderful trip through the Panama.

I am so glad Deb got the cabin she wanted.

Songhee, I am also delighted to hear your Panama Canal cruise went very well. If you get a chance do a review, everyone loves reading about the Canal through fresh eyes.

I've been trying to get to the immigration page of HAL for a few days now with no luck, so who knows what cabin I have?? It's fine with me, I just want to be on a ship sometime.

Bon Voyage, Deb.

They are still juggling pax :) More of us in our group were asked to downgrade for a 50% refund! Sorry but we planned this cruise 18 months ago, no one is getting our cabins!

This new call just went out yesterday afternoon to TA's.

of course you know by now, you don't have to do anything you don't want. They will find enough takers. NMnita

Don't worry. This happens. They'll just keep upping the offer until they get enough takers. Eventually the offer will get tempting enough that enough people will act and the ship will no longer be oversold.

Exactly. They won't downgrade the OP. They'll simply sweeten the pot until there are takers ... and believe me, there will be takers. They'll offer another sailing in a suite, plus the 25% refund and more than enough people will jump on it.

I think HAL routinely overbooks cruises in order to compensate for possible cancellations. Most of the time it all works out and there are plenty of cabins for everyone. But, occasionally HAL comes up short. When they do, the deals start flying and there are always people flexible enough to be able to jump on them.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived