Alcohol onboard questions, comments, etc. (merged)

picnicpat

We've never bothered lugging bottles of anything onboard. We have to fly to port, so it's a real hassle, considering the small amount of savings you may have. Yes, we have a bar bill, but it's a vacation and we expect that! I'd rather pay for my drinks than risk having broken liquor on my clothes. Not to mention the extra weight! That's why we don't buy "cheap" liquor in the islands--who wants to carry it? Not me!!!!

Keep in mind that everyone that takes something on board is not trying to save money. I liked it when RCI allowed you to buy on board and pay the in room consumption fee and take it back to your cabin. It's nice to be able to enjoy a drink on the balcony once in a while and room service is out of the question as the drinks are usually watered down by the time that they arrive.

On our recent EX to Bermuda cruise, I smuggled and never knew it. I know...it wouldn't hold up in court...hehe...But we when our luggage arrived at the cabin, we opened it and hidden between the clothes was a box wrapped in anniversary paper. The card was taped to the top of the box and it read, "Happy 45th anniversary Ma & Pa". I opened it, and there was a box of wine from our grandsons. The 21 year old grandson had bought it and they wrapped it and hid it in our luggage. :eek:

I have read a lot of different experiences on bringing your own alcohol onto the ship. I was thinking about bringing some "just in case" but since this is my first cruise, I was wondering if anyone has ever had problems with this in the past. I am in my mid 20s and was wondering if anyone else was going on the Enchantment of the Seas from dec. 18- 23!

Just got off the Enchantment November 20th. We are twice your age. My luggage was lighter for the trip home:rolleyes:!

We've never bothered lugging bottles of anything onboard. We have to fly to port, so it's a real hassle, considering the small amount of savings you may have. Yes, we have a bar bill, but it's a vacation and we expect that! I'd rather pay for my drinks than risk having broken liquor on my clothes. Not to mention the extra weight! That's why we don't buy "cheap" liquor in the islands--who wants to carry it? Not me!!!!

I don't think very many people would carry bottles to the airport. You fly to the port, then buy what you need before you get on the ship. I have put it in my checked luggage, my carry on, or in plain view in a paper grocery bag, and I never had a problem taking it on the ship.

As someone else said, it's not just about saving money, it's the convenience of being able to have a drink in your room or on your balcony whenever you want it.

I just returned from the transatlantic on the Brilliance. I didn't take any liquor to the ship, but in two different ports I bought wine. The shopping bags were scanned as I returned to the ship, but no one took my wine. I brought two of the bottles home as planned but drank the third in my cabin.

I took two bottles of Rum on Granduer in two pieces of checked luggage.

I didn't try to get the bottles onboard to save money, both my DW and I like to have a before bed drink on the balcony.

After dinner, having received everything but those two pieces, we called (I had an inkling) to see what the hold up was.

Went to the principals office, removed the offending items (got them back on the last night), and they re=xrayed them and sent them to the room about a half hour later.

Two things I found interesting:

1) A lot of people were in the principal's office

2) The officer in charge was very appologetic.

If RC is reading this, I will probably try again.

Mariner has small refrigerators in every stateroom. They are not the tiny box size, but not much larger either. They can hold numerous cans and 2 liter bottles but you might want to start practicing your fridge packing skills. :D

Not sure if they have Patrone; we get into enough trouble without tequilla!

Have fun!

They carry Patron Tequila on Mariner and you can order it from ant bar server but not every bar has it so it might take a few extra minutes to get the shot but well worth it.They have Patron Anejo,Reposado and Silver. They also serve a good big shot and the funny thing it is comparable and sometimes cheaper than land prices. If i remeber correctly the Anejo was $8.00 a shot and at out tequila bar it runs 15.00 a shot. Enjoy and great to help a fellow tequila drinker!(cant stomach cuervo,am real glad they finally upscaled the Tequila)

Hi - does anyone know if they serve Patron Tequila on board?

Also, does each room have a refrigerator? I've seen lots of posts about people bringing coolers...but is there a fridge in the stateroom?

Thanks!

Yes there is Patron onboard, I always have a drink or two. We take a cooler to have plently of ice bacause the buckets are small.

Hi - does anyone know if they serve Patron Tequila on board?

Also, does each room have a refrigerator? I've seen lots of posts about people bringing coolers...but is there a fridge in the stateroom?

Thanks!

I saw some on Voyager.

I've never smuggled liquor on, just too much of a hassel. DH and I certainly enjoy a cocktail or two before dinner or later before bed. I've either ordered room service or taken them back with me. The key to this is to have them make your drinks neat(without ice) then whether they come from room service or you bring a coulpe back to your room you just add ice to them as you're ready for them.

being that it is still thanksgiving weekend i still have not heard back from shelly yet...but when i do i'll share with everyone...i try to find out which embaqrkation ports they work out of and the price list and if it differs from the original port...we are on the AOS MARCH 18TH 2007...see what kind of variety of beers that they have in san juan...

Patron the good stuff? Puleeeze. Over marketed, over priced, hyped, tastes like fuel. Next time you hit a mexican port, sample a shot of Casa Noble Blanco at one of the liquer stores. Then buy a bottle. I went online and after much research bought a bottle during my visit to Cozumel. I took it home and did the old pepsi challenge taste test with friends who swore by Patron and the results were embarrassing. Google Casa Noble for opinions from the pro's. You can thank me later.

I've used them twice (once out of Miami and one out of Ft. Lauderdale). Excellent to deal with. Don't forget, they also can deliver flowers and other things to brighten up your room.

Personnally can't tell you the price of beer but friends said it was a wonderful deal. Wine was reasonably priced however.

After all the threads about smuggling booze onboard, I'm a little nervous about doing it. But my husband only drinks 100 or better Bourbon. Anyone know if the Serenade specifically has this? It would sure make things easier if they do. Thanks!