formal nights on 10 day hal...

hess2201

Our Volendem 10-day this year we had 3 formal nights. There was some confusion and apparently some folks documents said 2 formal nights and had an informal night in place of the third formal night so the daily paper announced it as formal/informal as some weren't prepared. Still worked out and since formal dress isn't exactly what it used to be you really didn't notice the difference.

There were three formal nights when I did the Noordam 10-day cruise last March.

We sailed on Wednesday and the formal nights were Thursday, Monday, and Thursday. This question came up recently and a poster from a more recent Noordam 10-day cruise had the first formal night as the first Friday.

There were three formal nights when I did the Noordam 10-day cruise last March.

We sailed on Wednesday and the formal nights were Thursday, Monday, and Thursday. This question came up recently and a poster from a more recent Noordam 10-day cruise had the first formal night as the first Friday.

I wonder if it's the same nights on the Maasdam? I'm sailing on an upcoming 10 day trip and I'm curious to know.

I'm reading my 11/15 Noordam Daily Program right now and it says under the heading "Itinerary At A Glance":

Day 1: (Embarkation) Casual

Day 2: Informal

Day 3: Formal

Day 4: Casual

Day 5: Casual

Day 6: Informal - FORMAL OPTIONAL

Day 7: Casual

Day 8: Informal

Day 9: Formal

Day 10: Casual

I do not have a whole lot of experience on 10 days but.....we just got off the Zaandam over a week ago and we had just 2 Formal nights but had 3 Informal nights. DH and I had packed for 3 Formal and 2 Informal, even though our Docs stated 2 Formal and 2 Informal the rest casual. But prior cruises doing this itinerary had the 3 Formal and 2 Informal. The daily program the first day stateing what the week will be was also different from what it ended up being. I guess what I am saying is there is nothing set in stone stating what it will be and it can change even during the week. I would plan for 3 but make sure that you could switch easily to 2 Formal 3 Informal. I made the big mistake of wearing a dress the first formal night that could go either Formal with the right jewelry or Informal. Which left me with two very fancy Formal dresses. Unfortunately we ended up with 3 Informal and I only had 2 Informal dresses:o When not sure just pack it all:D

Out of 4 cruises this year 3 of my Documents were wrong as to how many Formal, Informal and Casual nights:confused:

On my Nov. 13 Volendam cruise, we had 3 formals, and were supposed to have 2 informals. Turns out we only had 1 informal, and an extra casual.

I did not see any outright violations of the dress code, but did see a wide variety of interpretations. ;) There was a male crossdresser at the table behind us.

Roz

Archived