quick reply please

Lachase

Leaving tomorrow, so last minute wondering about whether to try to take wine along. Does anyone know the status of carrying wine aboard planes now, can you bring with your carry on luggage, or how best to transport. Also, wondering about same if we make purchases on our trip. Also, do you know how much the corkage fee is; is it even worth bringing your own. I have my favorites and wouldn't mind having a glass with dinner, but not sure if it is worth the trouble. Thanks!

Can't put it into Hand luggage, but can put it into checked luggage...Just be sure it's wrapped in bubble wrap & double bagged in 2 gal sized Zip Lock bags..You don't want to have a mess in your's or someone Else's luggage...You can purchase basic wine on board for approx $25.00 per bottle.. However, if you normally drink expensive wine it might be Worth the $15.00 corkage fee...

Have a great cruise..:) Betty

Why risk having wine bottles break in your luggage and ruining all your clothes?? HAL has a wine list most of us find at least adequate to find something to suit our budget and taste. You're on vacation....enjoy!!!

Have a great cruise.

While collecting my luggage last Saturday after a 15 hour flight from Australia, I noticed one bag going around the caroussel. It was soft sided, and looked water-logged but smelled of red wine. I wonder how far into that 15-hour flight it broke.......

We successfully packed several bottles of Champagne. We had recently received a case of champagne that had been shipped to us. In the box was styrofoam so we cut off the end that held 3 bottles and this fit perfectly in a small suit case we also had a seperate bottle that was in a box that we wrapped in a bath towel. These were the only items in this small suite case. We also had a large garbage bag wrapped around these items. What was funny when we checked them into SW airlines here in Las Vegas there was no question? We return with 2 bottles of champagne so when we checked them into the airport in San Diego they asked if we had any hard liquor or liquors packed. We said no because it wasn't that:D They again arrived just fine. We plan to do the same again for our March cruise on the Oosterdam but I got bets that we will not be returning with any that we did not use.;)

Yes, the corage fee is $15.00 we took ours to drink in the cabin.

I appreciate the kind responses. We're getting ready to leave for the airport shortly and I guess my favorite wine will be waiting here at home when I return as it seems simpler. I am grateful for all the help with deciding! Thanks for your input.

Personally I think that's a good decision. Certainly folks can and have successfully packed wine or liquor both going and coming but it's just not worth the risk for us. One bottle of broken wine, and we prefer reds, and we've potentially lost a lot more in the cost of our clothing than we'd save by bringing our own. Until they let us take wine or liquor on a plane in our carry on I think our days of taking wine to a cruise or liquor back from one are gone.

We often bring wine onboard because I refuse to pay $39 for a bottle of $12 wine. If they were more reasonable in their pricing, I wouldn't have a problem purchasing wine onboard but 200% plus markup is ridiculous. So I totally understand why some folks prefer to bring their own. Happy Sailing!

Archived