Cunard World Club Registration Letter

juliecat

Has anyone been able to access their cuise/crossing history after registering with Cunard World Club on-line. The letter I received last night indicated that I could check and correct their accounting, but there doesn't even seem to be a link to it.

Just registering was a bit of a challenge as they had my name as Julia in some fields and Julie in others and wouldn't let me access my account info unless everything matched perfectly!

BTW, they are offering $10 OBC for registering. The link is http://www.cunard.com/cwc

Julia (or Julie depending on the field)

I registered just last week after doing a last minute booking for the Jan. QE2 crossing. Didn't get a letter so I wonder if I'll also get the OBC :confused:.

Once you get logged in just click on the *Voyage History* tab at the top of the *Contact Details* page. But don't expect it to be accurate, at least mine wasn't. I've taken trips they did not have listed and most destinations were incorrect...e.g., since I didn't fly for many years, the only way for me to get to/from Europe was on the QE2. They had 14 QE2 destinations listed as *Caribbean*. I recall doing two Caribbean cruises on the QE2, so I assume those other twelve were actually TA.

Jack, wavin' to Karie...remember me? We met in Maria's room on the QM2 Labor Day cruise and again at the meetup in the Commodore.

I went online today to check my profile. They have now assigned me my 3rd different World Club Member #. In my case the directions in the letter did not work. I used the link shown in the letter. Then I clicked on "View your member profile" in the lower right. I then clicked on "Not a member yet. Register" at the bottom. I filled in all info requested on the the next page. At the bottom it gave me a chance to enter my new World Club #. Clicked "Save". On the next page some of the spaces were filled in as it obviously recognized me by the member #. There were just a few more questions to answer. At last, I finally got to my Cruise History page where I found several errors. They had me on one cruise I never took & another on the wrong ship. I searched & couldn't find a way to make corrections. So, I went to the "Contact World Club Desk" so I could type in my concerns. Within a few hrs. I received an e-mail giving me a toll free # (which turned out to be the World Club #) to call & make the corrections. The toll free # had menu selections, none of which got me to the dept. I needed. But a nice agent did transfer me to the correct one where I was able to "fix" my history. It wasn't as easy as the letter made it out to be; but it can be done if you're persistent. Good luck!

OMG... don't even ask. Sailings my Dad took, not me. Me with two different names and not one, not two, not three... but 4 numbers!

I thought I had previously straightened all this out before, but I guess it didn't stick.

Back to the drawing board.

I have to laugh at this!

I put in my current information to register... It didn't like that. Told me to call up, since my address didn't match my CWC number.

So I tried again, with my old address. That made it much happier.

And now I can change my address online, rather than on the phone.

Does that make any sense?

Oh, I didn't get any letter, so I guess I'm missing out on that $10 shipboard credit!

Oh, I really like the choice of ships for past voyages:

CARONIA

COUNTESS

CROWN CRUISES

CROWN CUNARD PRINCESS

CROWN DYNASTY

CROWN JEWEL

CROWN MONARCH

CUNARD UNKNOWN

DANUBE PRINCESS

DRESDEN

MOZART

PRINCESSE DE PROVENCE

PRUSSIAN PRINCESS

QUEEN ELIZABETH 2

QUEEN MARY 2

ROYAL VIKING QUEEN

ROYAL VIKING SUN

SAGAJFORD

QUEEN VICTORIA

I am not making this up! And yes, they really did spell SAGAFJORD as SAGAJFORD.

It's also interesting to see that they are apparently giving CWC credit for cruises on ROYAL VIKING QUEEN which never had anything to do with Cunard!

OK, I could not resist, so Miss Curls just had to try it too. They have me on Caribbean QE2 cruises - never have, and never would go on a Caribbean cruise. They also have me on Caronia three times and never had the chance to sail on her. What a mess the World Club is. Oh, and don't bother to email them - you'll never receive a response unless it's a question for a new booking when they assume they are going to squeeze some $$$'s out of you.

OK, I'm done for now - next!

I set up my mom's account out of curiosity. Her's shows the WC number at the top (which mine doesn't) and has the voyage history tab (which mine doesn't) but the history says she's never been on a Cunard cruise despite the letter which states that she has.

Gotta love Cunard some days.

Julia

Well, Now I have to go over there- At least do Marc's since he got the letter!

And I think I'll click on Cunard unknown!

And what were the two super-yachts in the mid-nineties? Umm, SunGoddess I and II? I think?

Man, they don't even know their own ships!

Well, I've been meaning to ask about this anyway- I'll post from home later- they posted the newbuilds on the first page (a link, anyway,) of CC.

Does anyone know if Cunard is planning another ship after the Vicky? I have a reason for asking.

Karie,

who thinks she may fill in five or ten extra from before I was born to see if I can get my platinum status now instead of next cruise! they'll probably never know the difference!

P.S. Hi Jack! Wait- I don't remember anyone IN Maria's room! I never made it up to her room before sailaway! or did I? Now that I think of it, I'm not sure! Well, it's a good thing I have friends to tell me where I was! <LOL>

Hi Julie -- Working on-line seems to raise more questions than not.

Just call the 800 number and get the World Club Desk. I did, gave them my "new" number, my old number, had them read me ALL screens they had for me. Just one digit/character can throw them off; on the phone you can straighten them out. I had them read me all trips they had recorded.

Talking one-on-one set all right. I did this just after the merger/sale/whatever a few years ago, setting off on the maiden voyage of the QM2. Ever since, Cunard has been right. For me, no problem.

Give the phone a try. (Do this for your mother, too.) (See you on the "winter crossing" soon!)

It's also interesting to see that they are apparently giving CWC credit for cruises on ROYAL VIKING QUEEN which never had anything to do with Cunard!

When Cunard bought Royal Viking Line they merged the two passenger clubs. (I've got a World Club magazine from the time with the details but at the moment it seems to have gone AWOL). So its quite possible for someone to have earned World Club "status" (for want of a better description) with cruises on Royal Viking Queen.

Anyone know what the ship was doing between Jun 1994 when Cunard bought Royal Viking Line, and Jan 1995 when she started sailing as Queen Oddessy for Royal Cruise Line?

I am not making this up!
Why would we think you were making it up?

Regards, Colin.

When Cunard bought Royal Viking Line they merged the two passenger clubs.

Interesting. So you could theoretically get cruise credit all the way back to the early '70s for Royal Viking, then!

I guess when one thinks about, really, they bought the company even if not that particular ship - so it does make sense.

Anyone know what the ship was doing between Jun 1994 when Cunard bought Royal Viking Line, and Jan 1995 when she started sailing as Queen Oddessy for Royal Cruise Line?

I guess she was sailing for Royal Viking Line... Maybe temporarily chartered to Cunard?

By the way, I realize my statement that the ship "never had anything to do with Cunard" is not quite right - she was actually a nominal member of the fleet as SEABOURN LEGEND during the time when Cunard ran Seabourn.

Why would we think you were making it up?

Because some of the choices are so ridiculous (CROWN CUNARD PRINCESS???) some people might not believe they were real!

Hi Julie -- Working on-line seems to raise more questions than not.

Just call the 800 number and get the World Club Desk. I did, gave them my "new" number, my old number, had them read me ALL screens they had for me. Just one digit/character can throw them off; on the phone you can straighten them out. I had them read me all trips they had recorded.

Talking one-on-one set all right. I did this just after the merger/sale/whatever a few years ago, setting off on the maiden voyage of the QM2. Ever since, Cunard has been right. For me, no problem.

Give the phone a try. (Do this for your mother, too.) (See you on the "winter crossing" soon!)

I wish that would have worked for me. After doing three transatlantics in the last two years, I received a letter advising me of the new status I will reach if I complete a second voyage. So I called them and told them the three transatlantic dates that I had taken, and they could not find anything (this explains why no one in our party ever received the semi-automatic invitation to the officer's cocktail party). I now have to dig out my tickets and fax them to the World Club desk (which I cannot seem to find the time to do).

For the life of me, I cannot understand how their records can be so messed up when we are talking about the two most recent years, the same name with the same address, and the sailing dates identified to them to help them with the research.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Paul

You mean that you keep your tickets once the voyage is over:eek:

Oh Dear Malcolm, you don't?????:eek:

Now that I completed one voyage I am almost scared to pursue the World Club membership and trying to attach it to my 2007 voyage. Sounds like Cunard does better on board than in head office administration on all counts.

David

Oh Dear Malcolm, you don't?????:eek:

No. I've got (or rather my mother has got) the ticket from our first QE2 cruise and I've got the ticket from the Orient Express from the first time I went with Paul, but that's it. Once they're no longer needed out they go!

Sounds like Cunard does better on board than in head office administration on all counts.

Welcome to the world of Cunard:)

And what were the two super-yachts in the mid-nineties? Umm, SunGoddess I and II? I think?

Man, they don't even know their own ships!

SEA GODDESS I and II.

But actually, they know their own ships quite well. All three of them are on there... QM2, QE2, even QUEEN VICTORIA which isn't built yet!

The others aren't theirs. I mean, the Cunard of today has about as much in common with the Cunard of 10 years ago as it does with the Cunard of 110 years ago! The Cunard of today has a lot to do with the GRAND PRINCESS, the ROYAL PRINCESS and the PACIFIC PRINCESS among others. It has very, very little to do with the CUNARD PRINCESS. Or the SEA GODDESS ships, or the CROWN ships, or... You get the idea!

Does anyone know if Cunard is planning another ship after the Vicky?

Is there some specific reason you think they might be?

As far as I know, there are no plans for any imminent new ship.

My take is... They will see if a fleet of three large ships works before deciding anything. If it work, they will build another ship (let's say QUEEN ANNE or maybe QUEEN ELIZABETH 3) to replace QE2. If not, QUEEN VICTORIA becomes QE2's replacement and no new ship arrives for the forseeable future.

No inside information here... Just my personal theory. (It makes sense, doesn't it?)

Sounds like Cunard does better on board than in head office administration on all counts.

Well, keep in mind that there has been a lot going on behind the scenes lately.

In the US we have had to deal with Cunard being integrated with Princess, while on your side of the pond it is P&O. And Princess/P&O inherited years and years of mistakes that they have had to put right.

At this point, here on this side of the pond, things seem to be coming along rather nicely. My recent dealings with Cunard have run every bit as smoothly as I'd expect from Princess. (Say what you will about Princess; they are organized.)

To me, this $10 offer is Cunard/Princess saying that they are confident that the "transition" is now at the point where they can update all their records without them being disturbed again in the near future.

I think that is good. Of course, the real test is whether once we update our information it all stays correct again... But I think we have a better chance at it now than we would have under previous Cunard management.

Because some of the choices are so ridiculous (CROWN CUNARD PRINCESS???) some people might not believe they were real!
They do seem to have stumbled over the names somewhat, don't they.

COUNTESS Should be Cunard Countess

CROWN CUNARD PRINCESS Only ever called Cunard Princess, but part of the Cunard Crown fleet. Odd that they get the other Crown names correct. They were never called "Cunard .....", "Cunard Crown .....", "Crown Cunard ....." or anything else

{DANUBE PRINCESS, DRESDEN, MOZART, PRINCESSE DE PROVENCE, PRUSSIAN PRINCESS} according to some of my 1995 brochures these were the Cunard River Cruises fleet.

And missing seems to be Sea Goddess I & II (as mentioned) and Vistafjord.

Regards, Colin.

They do seem to have stumbled over the names somewhat, don't they.

That is an understatement ;) !

Odd that they get the other Crown names correct. They were never called "Cunard .....", "Cunard Crown .....", "Crown Cunard ....." or anything else

In US brochures, at least, they did refer to them as, e.g. CUNARD CROWN DYNASTY.

Of course this was never the official name of the ship.

Later, post-Cunard Crown, they referred to the one ship they kept as CUNARD DYNASTY, but I suspect this was never her official name.

This was after Cunard Crown was dissolved and Cunard chartered the ship from Effjohn and managed her themselves.

{DANUBE PRINCESS, DRESDEN, MOZART, PRINCESSE DE PROVENCE, PRUSSIAN PRINCESS} according to some of my 1995 brochures these were the Cunard River Cruises fleet.

Sort of... They were all Peter Deilmann Cruises vessels. Cunard marketed them in the US and possibly the UK.

DRESDEN, MOZART and PRINCESSE DE PROVENCE are still part of the Deilmann fleet... The other two have been sold on (not sure to whom).

[quote name=Host Doug

Is there some specific reason you think they might be?

As far as I know' date=' there are no plans for any imminent new ship.

My take is... They will see if a fleet of three large ships works before deciding anything. If it work, they will build another ship (let's say QUEEN ANNE or maybe QUEEN ELIZABETH 3) to replace QE2. If not, QUEEN VICTORIA becomes QE2's replacement and no new ship arrives for the forseeable future.

No inside information here... Just my personal theory. (It makes sense, doesn't it?)[/quote]

Ah! For the life on me, I could not remember which thread I posted this question on.

Here is my reasoning.

After much toil and trouble, including an email cc:d to the CEO of Images, the company which holds the contract for Cunard's photo department, I finally got the prints I had requested (at full price plus S&H) from our Labor Day Cruise.

When they arrived, mailed from Fort Lauderdale on November (ah, what day were they in port, the 25th? 26th?) in cardboard envelope inside another carboard envelope bearing the Cunard Seal on the top left, and "The most famous Ocean Liners in the world up the left side of the envelope. On the bottom right, printed in gold script, were the followhing, in order:

Queen Mary 2

Queen Elizabeth 2

Queen Victoria

Caronia

Unless ese were VERY old, from the days they were planning the QM2 and the QV, yet the Caronia was still on line? (When was that?) It seems odd that it would appear thus.

any thoughts?

Karie,

who is curious. Will there be another Caronia, concievably in the works

Unless ese were VERY old, from the days they were planning the QM2 and the QV, yet the Caronia was still on line? (When was that?)

I imagine this dates from the period between late 2003, when QUEEN VICTORIA's name was announced, and late 2004, when CARONIA left the fleet.

If there were a new ship in the works, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't find out about it based on its name being printed on an envelope before the existence of the ship is disclosed publicly... Though I guess stranger things have happened!

Will there be another Caronia, concievably in the works

I think not.

The "real" Queens were all transatlantic liners at some stage. Whether or not one includes Berengaria or Queen Mary 2 makes little difference.

Certainly, all the ships with "Queen" in their title to date have been transatlantic liners.

If this tradition is to be broken by Queen Victoria - and it seems to me patently obvious that it will - then one can only presume that Cunard think that a ship named "Queen Victoria" has more cachet than one named Mauretania, Caronia, Laconia or so on. If QV is to take the mantle of the world cruise then Laconia might have been an appropriate name....

It follows, therefore, that the marketing department decided on the name.

If so, one can infer that any future ship will be a "Queen", irrespective of what it does. Anne would seem to be an obvious choice. Our Queens (of Monarch status, not consort status) have been Mary, Elizabeth, Mary, Anne, Victoria and Elizabeth.

Of course Queen Mary was not named for a Monarch, but there you go..... Things aren't always that easy!

Archived