Parking at Ft. Laud.

loge23

We have parked at the Fort Lauderdale cruise terminal for many years now and have enjoyed the very quick transition from ship to vehicel. But what a surprise we had this year! After leaving our car at Pier 2 at the beginning of our cruise, we returned to Pier 18 at disembarkation.

A flyer prior to landfall explained that shuttle buses would take us to the other Pier/garage.

Unfortunately, the terminal authorities and/or Princess do not seem to have this system in place just yet. We experienced long and very slow-moving lines as the small shuttle buses were loaded, one at a time, with all the luggage for the trek to Pier 2. Basically, it was a cluster-#$%! A whole lot of on-duty people standing around while the poor shuttle driver loaded his own bus alone.

So if you are one of the many folks who drive themselves to the terminal, don't assume that you will be coming into the same Pier that you leave from anymore. And that folks, is not progress.

I originally was going to drive to the port, but the love boat express or something to that effect was a very reasonable cost, (I'm assuming it is cheaper than gas and parking cost? do the buses drop you off close to the terminal or could I potentially have the same problem being dropped at a faraway terminal? this will be my first trip out of Fort Lauderdale so not familiar with this port

If you live in Florida, the Cruise Cionnection (love boat express) is the only way to go. You board the bus, the driver takes your luggage and that is the last time you have to deal with it. You arrive at the port, he takes the luggage off the bus, the porters take it from him to the ship and off you go. The bus is always whereever the ship is. If they change piers, the bus changes also....

Yes, it is cheaper than gas, tolls and the $12.00 per day parking. If you are on a long cruise, the savings could be doubled.....(10 days would be $120.00, gas & Tolls - the connection is $90.00 per couple + tip)

Since moving to FL, I've sailed a number of times from Ft. Lauderdale. The last 4 times we've parked off site from the pier. It is much less, expensive, easy to do and the shuttle vans bring you right to the pier and when you get back, give a call and the van comes to pick you up. Will provide web site if requested.

If you live in Florida, the Cruise Cionnection (love boat express) is the only way to go. You board the bus, the driver takes your luggage and that is the last time you have to deal with it. You arrive at the port, he takes the luggage off the bus, the porters take it from him to the ship and off you go. The bus is always whereever the ship is. If they change piers, the bus changes also....

Yes, it is cheaper than gas, tolls and the $12.00 per day parking. If you are on a long cruise, the savings could be doubled.....(10 days would be $120.00, gas & Tolls - the connection is $90.00 per couple + tip)

I live near Orlando and the current price for the cruise connection is $75 per person or $150 per couple. Might be a little cheaper if you can get it through your TA or Princess. Still pretty close to the same price as driving after you pay parking, gas and tolls. We use to take it, but we like to arrive at the port earlier and get home sooner after debarkation.

We live in Jacksonville, so when we use the cruise connection bus we are first on at 6 AM. It is $79pp RT for us. Not bad, the costs are pretty much equal and we don't have the hassle of driving. When you board as far north as Jax, you sometimes have to change busses in Ft Pierce or Stewart. The bus always takes you directly to the terminal, unloads luggage and pax are required to claim it and give it to the ship porter. Maybe pre-911 you didn't have to bother with it once you gave it to bus driver, but now you must claim it as yours. You usually don't have to handle it, though, as the porters are right there.

This bus is not just for Princess, there are pax on all cruise lines. Sometimes the bus unloads at other ships before arriving at Princess, depending on the schedule and arrival at various piers.

We found the bus only runs on weekends, so for cruises departing or returning mid-week, the bus is not an option. Our last cruise departed on a Thursday, and we decided to drive down on Wed, stay at LaQuinta FLL on their park/sleep/cruise deal. The hotel is nice enough, has a good breakfast buffet, and free shuttle TO the port but a taxi is required back to pick up the car on return (approx $25). The cost was competitive with the bus X 2 pax or parking at the port for 10 days.

We live in Jacksonville, so when we use the cruise connection bus we are first on at 6 AM. It is $79pp RT for us. Not bad, the costs are pretty much equal and we don't have the hassle of driving. When you board as far north as Jax, you sometimes have to change busses in Ft Pierce or Stewart. The bus always takes you directly to the terminal, unloads luggage and pax are required to claim it and give it to the ship porter. Maybe pre-911 you didn't have to bother with it once you gave it to bus driver, but now you must claim it as yours. You usually don't have to handle it, though, as the porters are right there.

This bus is not just for Princess, there are pax on all cruise lines. Sometimes the bus unloads at other ships before arriving at Princess, depending on the schedule and arrival at various piers.

We found the bus only runs on weekends, so for cruises departing or returning mid-week, the bus is not an option. Our last cruise departed on a Thursday, and we decided to drive down on Wed, stay at LaQuinta FLL on their park/sleep/cruise deal. The hotel is nice enough, has a good breakfast buffet, and free shuttle TO the port but a taxi is required back to pick up the car on return (approx $25). The cost was competitive with the bus X 2 pax or parking at the port for 10 days.

Parking at Port Everglades at the pier is a "hit and miss" thing, so whenever we leave from there, we go to the Park N' Fly right outside the gate to the pier. The last time I parked there (about 7-8 months ago) I believe the price was $7 per day, but if you book ahead of time on the internet and prepay, there's a AAA discount of something like 10%. If you happen to book a cruise that leaves from Miami and you have a "Disabled Parking Permit", the parking is free. ;)

I just went to parknfly website and was quoted $140.00 for our 14 day cruise on Feb. 3rd. cruise. Did not see any discount offered. Have I done something wrong? Bill

I went to the Park N Fly website and you are correct in their prices quoted at $140.00. I'm really shocked that they increased it so much. What I can't understand is that if you were going to the airport instead of the pier, the cost would be only $96.00......doesn't make any sense since the pier is right at their doorstep. :confused: I have a suggestion......call their 800 number and negotiate with the person who answers the phone. The number is

1-800-763-6895......and ask if there are any discounts for AAA, AARP, etc. etc. If you don't have any luck with that, go to http://www.unitedairportparking.com and check out their rates. I did, and 14 days came to around $104.00 which is around $7.50 per day. It's $4.50 per less than what Port Everglades charges ($12.00) and that's about $63.00 back into your pocket. Give both alternatives a shot and see what you come up with. :cool:

To Howard 6933: Thank You for the info , will act upon it and let you know answer. Have a sneaky suspiscion that the super bowl may be affecting prices on everything, but can't imagine why parking.

To Donyb: used link but did not find Port Everglades listed.

Thanks to all Bill

LMHSRN - I also live in Cape Coral - where do you leave your car when you take the love boat express?

We are going on the Caribbean Princess in Feb. and we are going to pay about $48 for the week. We've used the same place 3 previous times in FLL and the facility is about 2 miles from the pier. Complimentary van service is provided. Try www.AirportParkNGo.com and click on Port Everglades.

I don't see anything that says port everglades only Ft Lauderdale Airport

My sincerest apologies to those looking for Port Evergades as I originally posted. I went onto the site and since I booked, things have changed somewhat. If you look for FLL airport and end up at the location with the address 500SE 32Court, you are at the place I was recommending. I still found the same great price tonight. Again..sorry for any mis-information I gave but the bottom line is that the price is right!!:)

My sincerest apologies to those looking for Port Evergades as I originally posted. I went onto the site and since I booked, things have changed somewhat. If you look for FLL airport and end up at the location with the address 500SE 32Court, you are at the place I was recommending. I still found the same great price tonight. Again..sorry for any mis-information I gave but the bottom line is that the price is right!!:)

This is the email that I received from them today

Jayson,

Yes we provide transportation both to and from all terminals at Port Everglades. For a fast and simple reservation, please click on http://www.airportparkngo.com .

Thank you for your inquiry and Happy Holidays!

Scott

Scott M Kupferman

Quality Car and Van Rental

Airport Park 'N' GO

500 SE 32nd Court Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316

954-828-1212

Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 06:14PM

To: mgt@airportparkngo.com

Subject: Port Everglades

Hello,

I found you guys through cruise critic.com - I have a question will you provide a transfer to port everglades (for cruise ship passengers?)

If so, do I put reservations in for Ft Lauderdale/hollywood airport? Thanx

HELP! When parking at the terminal in Ft.Lauderdale, do you drop your luggage off FIRST and then park the car? :confused:

Help on this would be so very much appreciated.

yes, that is the easiest thing to do...the porters are right at curbside to talk your luggage.

Archived