renaissance ft lauderdale

alonzo14

Just won this hotel on priceline. I hope I won't be dissappointed. Can anyone encourage me about this hotel?

Hi:D why do you think you will be disappointed? GREAT hotel,

WONDERFUL LOCATION:) .....not a 5 minute cab ride to the port:D

LOTS of restaurants within walking distance!!!!

I would be very surprised if you are disappointed!

I would love to stay at the Reniassance everytime:) .......what

did you end up paying on Priceline?

You are talking about the Ren on 17th Street, right?

yes. I could have gotten cheaper on Hotwire!!!!! Paid 189.00 for it. Didn't know if it was still worth this price. For this price I hope it is!!! Any other suggestions or comments about this hotel or close restauants or stores will be appreciated.

yes. I could have gotten cheaper on Hotwire!!!!! Paid 189.00 for it. Didn't know if it was still worth this price. For this price I hope it is!!! Any other suggestions or comments about this hotel or close restauants or stores will be appreciated.

In the same Plaza as the hotel are 2 very popular restaurants.

Bimini BoatYard is a seafood place. Bravo is an Italian place, which

I LOVE:D I have eaten there 3 times. You won't need a car to get

to either place...walk outside the hotel and you will see both

restauarants.

189.00? I think through the Marriott website it runs between

250-300 per night.

I really don't think you will be disappointed.

We are going December 8th. I almost certain from what I've read that you can get the Renaissance for 115.00 to 116.00 for it. It has been there for some time as a four star hotel downtown Port Everglades. I would suggest you do this. It is the only 4 star downtown/port area. Others have gotten it for this price. This was my first time using pricline. I put several areas as well as downtown for a 4 star.

December 8th????? Unless there is a big convention going on across the street that hotel should go for under a hundred on Priceline. You will always pay a premium if you are bidding far out. The best PL strategy is to fully research the area you are bidding for at http://www.biddingfortravel.com

Make a backup reservation, then play with PL or Hotwire inside of 2 months out.

The hotel is surrounded by lots of shopping, restaurants, and a huge Publix across the street, behind the Embassy Suites.

March is high season, early December is close to as low as it will go.

thanks, signman, for your input. i am really satisfied with my reservation at the grande, and am aware of the construction, etc.

just doing what you suggested...playing with priceline for a better priced hotel in that area.

i realize that march is high season and i may not do any better. just looking for a place to walk to dinner, get the water taxi, etc.

i've read the entire thread and that is what prompted me to cancel my reservation with HIE Seaport.

We have also stayed at the Rens hotel in the past - great hotel! - and also got again through Price line for Pres week for about the same as you are paying (the prices through priceline for all the hotels seemed to have jumped significantly from last year for the same vacation weeks). We have enjoyed eating at Bravo (moderately priced, very good food) and there is also a Mexican Restaurant within walking distance. There are two grocery stores and a liquor store also within easy walking distance. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks everyone for your input. Now if anyone would mind answering one more question for me I would really appreciate it. Can anyone give cab fares from the airport to the Renaissance on 17th, then the Renaisance to the port, and finally the port to the airport. I know we will have a good time. We will be celebrating our 35th Anniversary this cruise!

Thanks everyone for your input. Now if anyone would mind answering one more question for me I would really appreciate it. Can anyone give cab fares from the airport to the Renaissance on 17th, then the Renaisance to the port, and finally the port to the airport. I know we will have a good time. We will be celebrating our 35th Anniversary this cruise!

It was around $10-14, the port is 3 miles from the airport so the fares would be about the same.

Hi,:) I agree with the previous poster......somewhere about 10.00-15.00

from the airport to your hotel.

The hotel to the port....less than that....it is quite close in distance.

Have a great cruise:D and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.....35 years?

AWESOME:D

I just recently stayed at the Renaissance in FLL in December. $116 was the lowest I was able to get (on Hotwire 5 months in advance, Priceline was going for more). Unless you are staying during hurricane season, I wouldn't plan on getting the Renaissance for under $100.

I also think Bravos is an excellent restaurant.

Oh! I'll have to check and see if they still have that private shuttle. 4.00 is not bad at all. We didn't pay the big big bucks, but we did pay more than we wanted considering Hotwire. However I'm looking forward to our trip.

Can anyone give directions to the Publix. Do you have to cross a highway of sorts to get to it?

Publix...you cross 17th Street....walk down to Embassy Suites

and behind the hotel you will find the Harbour Shops...Publix, along

with many other stores.

The area is very easy to navigate.

We are staying at the Renaissance for our Spring Break cruise. We picked it up on Hotwire for $118 + tax; March 24th, one night.

Hi Lois! -- I think we will try Bravo for dinner.:)

This whole area is close to the port and very easy to navigate!

Enjoy!

Kel

I just went to Hot Wire to check my date. It came up for $119, 4 star in LosOlas Downtown. It says I am saving $180, is this the Renaissance? We stayed at the AmeriSuites in December, this is the tall hotel behind this, is this also correct? We loved the area. Thanks

I have heard that the Amerisuites is no longer the Amerisuites or at least it won't be for long. It is changing to the Hyatt Place. I've seen the pictuers and it is going to be very nice. They are undergoing renovations now and cannot be booked online yet. It's supposed to be opening as Hyatt Place in the Spring of this year if all goes accordingly. With it also being on 17th this should be a hot property when it opens. It will have a complete transformation eventually. Rooms have the Hyatt Grand beds and 42 inch Plasma screens.

I do believe this is probably the Renaissance. It doesn't fluctuate much just a few dollars. The 3.5 star Hotwire hotels are harder to predict. On Priceline the Hyatt Pier 66 is also a downtown 4 star, but not on Hotwire as of yet. I took a gamble on Renaissance and booked and got the Renaissance although more expensive than Hotwire.

I just went to Hot Wire to check my date. It came up for $119, 4 star in LosOlas Downtown. It says I am saving $180, is this the Renaissance? We stayed at the AmeriSuites in December, this is the tall hotel behind this, is this also correct? We loved the area. Thanks

Jake:

Look for the "boutique" icon for this hotel - a "B" if I'm remembering correctly. The Renaissance was considered a boutique hotel on Hotwire though many commented that it should not. A 4-start Las Olas/Downtown can also be the Hyatt but they will not have the "B" distinction.

mollyanne:)

Jake:

Look for the "boutique" icon for this hotel - a "B" if I'm remembering correctly. The Renaissance was considered a boutique hotel on Hotwire though many commented that it should not. A 4-start Las Olas/Downtown can also be the Hyatt but they will not have the "B" distinction.

Actually, I just booked The Renaissance for our October cruise through Hotwire, and it is not showing up as a boutique hotel any longer. It's still the 4 star, though!

Actually, I just booked The Renaissance for our October cruise through Hotwire, and it is not showing up as a boutique hotel any longer. It's still the 4 star, though!

I wondered about that "boutique" thing - because I tried to find it myself last night using random dates and could never get anything to show up that had the "B" icon. Must have been a dead giveaway to many so they removed it! Glad you got it regardless.

letsgocruz1,

We too, just booked the Renaissance for December, and it is still the only 4 star/LasOlas/Downtown hotel.

Price $116 + $19.37 taxes

Enjoy!

Kel

Archived