Legend 7/26 Sailing Delayed

ariel865

Received phone call from Carnival today that our sailing will be delayed due to a medical emergency on this past cruise. They will give us $20 credit for the delay. Has this ever happened to anyone? Hopefully whoever is sick will be okay.Will post review when I return.

In my opinion $20 does not cut it. The first day on the ship does count as one of your cruise days. You will be missing quite a bit of time and I would try and see if you can be compensated a little better than that. I am not sure how you can go about doing that but I know I would see if they could do better. Hope it all works out for you. No matter how it works out try and not let it put a damper on your cruise.

I refuse to let this put me in a bad mood. It could be alot worse for my family and friends. All we had to do was re arrange the limo, unlike others that are dealing with the airlines.As for the credit, we will be talking with carnival. You can count on it.

Did they tell you the new time you are going to be able to get on the ship? You said "around" midnight... could this still change? I agree that you are missing almost a full day on the ship since many people get on around noon... IMO they need to offer something more than $20, primarily because most people are arriving the night before or early morning... they now have to keep themselves entertained all day, including lunch and dinner... While I hate there was an emergency, Carnival should still compensate for the day you are losing, etc.

How can one person being sick, delay ther ship 8 hours? Sounds to me like there is some other reason they aren't telling you.

Jimbo

If they had to turn around or make an unscheduled stop to evacuate a passenger from a ship, I think that could easily explain an 8-hour delay.

It was a medical emergency and the ship had to go to Bermuda. It is an unfortuante situation but one that really should not affect my vacation. Their insurance should cover any monetary losses that would have to pay out. I would like to know which port I am going to have less time in. I would vote for no San Juan and more time in St. Thomas. $20 is an insult. I am missing lunch and dinner on the ship as well as the first night's show and they think that is worth $20. I asked the customer service rep. what the compensation would be and she said I would have to find out on board. I already emailed my travel agent.

Wonder why they didn't use a helicopter, would have been quicker getting the sick passenger the medical attention he/she needed and more cost effective in the long run....less people mad too.

Jimbo:)

Our Miracle 9/5 sailing is delayed also. We will not be able to board until 7pm instead of 12-1230pm. We will leave at 10pm. I hope you can at least board earlier. btw...what about people who left a couple of days prior to the cruise? They will go out there expecting to be able to board. I am glad they at least caught you at home.Have a great cruise and don't let this damper your mood. Bon Voyage! :)

Because the ship isn't getting into NY until 6pm, won't start boarding until 9:00, and will leave at 12 midnight! I am so disappointed in not getting to sail out of the harbor in the daytime. I just love sailing past the statue of Liberty. Oh well, I'll have to be sure to get up early on the way back.

Boy, that sailing is having it's share of problems. My sister just returned today from the Paradise. She said that while they were in St. Thomas (maybe it was Nassau) that the Legend was there too. The Legend had run through some EXTREME weather and some of the passengers were so spooked that they were getting on planes and going home from the first port they came to. My sister's tablemates had spoken to some Legend crewmembers and they said they had never experienced weather like that. And now they're late returning for a medical emergency? There's surely some unhappy campers onboard.

I'd say $20 PER HOUR is fair compensation per cabin.... I'd also keep all receipts of expenses I incurred while in port due to the ship being "tardy." Maybe that will help a case to be compensated more fairly. If the ship was leaving me some Bar Coupons or having an Open Bar even the first night of the real cruise, then I'd feel much better about the situation.

I would bet that they will probably do something for you guys.... maybe a happy hour, or something along those lines.... I would hope. They don't have to do anything as they have their butts covered pretty good in the contract, but in order to keep passengers happy, they should try to do something to compensate... sorry you guys have to deal with it, but have a great time!

Archived