Completed 5th Cruise!

Annefran

Hi, I just completed my 5th RCI cruise last week and now I'm a C&A Platinum member. When should I expect my new card and status to arrive. We are cruising again in April 2007 and want to make sure I have it before then to get the extra perks.

Thanks for the info!

Sometimes it can take a month or so. I would just check on line and call them if you don't seeitin a reasonable amount of time.

We will be Platinum this Febrary.

Congrats Cruisindoggie! I think the only new perks are robes in your cabins and price break on balcony cabins from being Gold correct?

We haven't ever received new membership cards when we changed C&A Status, either from Gold to Platinum or Platinum to Diamond.

I've always just checked my status in the "My Cruises" section of the RCCL website. As long as your credits and status are correct there, you're in great shape. Our credits have shown up as quickly as 4 days and have taken as long as 3 weeks.

Congratulations on your new Platinum status. :)

Hi, I just completed my 5th RCI cruise last week and now I'm a C&A Platinum member. When should I expect my new card and status to arrive. We are cruising again in April 2007 and want to make sure I have it before then to get the extra perks.

Thanks for the info!

You don't need the actual card to get your status. However, call C & A to see if it has posted, it can take some time. Also, online at RCI in your "my cruises" account, it will show your status. When we became platinum late Sept., our documents still said Gold for our Dec. cruise, and C & A emailed the ship so they would have our status correct. In case you didn't know, if you are in a balcony cabin for 4/07, there is a balcony discount. By the way, look into what all the perks are, so you know what to expect.

I don’t think you will get new cards - I never do. You might get a letter in the mail welcoming you to platinum. Just sign onto Royalcaribbean.com and look under my cruises - if it says you're platinum then they have caught up to it. If it gets to like 2 or 3 weeks before you sail I would give them a call and make sure they update you so you can get the robes, invite to the platinum/diamond party and the better coupon book.

and we never received any type of card for any level. Your seapass will show you as Platinum on your next cruise, but thats about it. You'll get better coupons and onboard gifts to your room. You can see your level online too on RCI's website.

Sorry BillOh! :p

I looked at my account online and it had the cruise listed but it indicated it didn't qualify. So I called C&A and they fixed it, yippee!! I'm offically Platinum. I also sent my TA an email to see if I can get the balcony credit for my upcoming cruise in April 07. Hopefully they can do that too. Thanks all, happy cruising!

We finished our platinum cruise this past Sat., and the website already had us listed as platinum on Tuesday!

BTW, we booked a cruise onboard which had a discount for Platinums on balcony cabins, and I can now call and get that discount applied.

Thanks for the info!

I will be interested in how it actually works out for you, I hope you will let us know.

My 3rd RCCL cruise in 14 days... and this makes me Platinum...took a JS this time....for the points, cheaper than 2 cruises...

SO then can I call and get the balcony discounts on my 2 upcoming cruises?

Michele

My 3rd RCCL cruise in 14 days... and this makes me Platinum...took a JS this time....for the points, cheaper than 2 cruises...

Michele

We love being Platinum! Random, but it says on your signature that you were on the modified Mariner cruise, were you on the July 10th that went to Nassau, Labadee, and Cozumel? If you were, we were on the same cruise ;).

My boys still say that is their favorite ship.. .. we had so much fun on that crusie......I will finally make it St Thomas and ST Martin in two weeks on the Navigator... I see you have sailed that ship..???...any tips... but the boys are off to College.. so doing this one solo

My boys still say that is their favorite ship.. .. we had so much fun on that crusie......I will finally make it St Thomas and ST Martin in two weeks on the Navigator... I see you have sailed that ship..???...any tips... but the boys are off to College.. so doing this one solo

Mariner is still my favorite too, but Navigator is just as good. Navigator was great, they are absolutely identical besides artwork and names. We had a great time on both.

We had our first balcony on Navigator, that really made it awesome. I don't have any real tips for Navigator. Just rest up and have a great cruise like we did.

I think it would be really fun to go on a solo cruise, I'm jealous :D ! Anyways, its a great ship, have a good time!

Congratulations! Now you get an extra party invite on board! :D

I think that Diamond Plus is the only level that rates a new membership card. You'll get robes in the room and a fancier coupon book though.

We are very excited about our upcoming first cruise as Diamonds! Just wish it was longer.

What's the discount for a JS and can you get the discount with other "specials?" Can it be booked online, or through another TA or do you have to call RCCL?

The discount is for ANY balcony cabin - it doesn't have to be a suite. The Platinum level discounts are $50 for 5 days or less, $100 for 6-8 days, and $200 for 9 days or longer.

It can be used in addition to any other normal discount.

It can be applied no matter how you book your cruise, but if you book online, you have to call later and get the discount applied; it won't happen all by itself.

Michele

Yes, once you show up online as being platinum, then yes you can call and get the discount applied. I turned platinum in December 2003. I had another cruise booked where final payment was due 5 days after I got back. They showed my platinum status 2 days after I got back, I called my TA and she got the credit applied - so I didn't have to pay the money and then get it back later.

I don’t think you will get new cards - I never do. You might get a letter in the mail welcoming you to platinum. Just sign onto Royalcaribbean.com and look under my cruises - if it says you're platinum then they have caught up to it. If it gets to like 2 or 3 weeks before you sail I would give them a call and make sure they update you so you can get the robes, invite to the platinum/diamond party and the better coupon book.

You will get new cards when you reach Diamond Plus! At least that is what happened for us.

The RCCL website is the best indicator of your cruise level status Actually, once you have reached the Platinum status, Royal Caribbean treats you as royalty.

Rick

Archived