Deck 10 noise

We always stay on deck 10--there's really no more noise there than anywhere else. After all, 10 is prime real estate! If you are under the Windjammer, you may hear chair noise while the staff cleans--that's not late at night, tho. You won't hear noise from the pool or the spa. Deck 10 is the place to be!

I have to be honest here. We had a GS on Majesty--Deck 10 and it was the noisiest cabin we have ever had on more than a dozen cruises ( the only time we were on Deck 10). It wasn't horrible, but we heard heard clunking and scraping above us until 2 am or maybe a bit later. If you stay up for all the night life, you probably will miss most of it. Personally, I prefer Deck 8 or 9 with cabins above and below me.

I always try and not book directly under the pool deck. I had a balcony near the back and constantly heard chairs and tables moving around from early morning to night.

I booked a JS on deck 9 for the mariner even though I wanted a GS. Its not just RCI though, Ive had the same problem on Carnival and other lines.

Cabin 1288 is NOT an AFT cabin, but rather a cabin in the mid to forward Starboard side of the ship. In this cabin, you "may" experience pool noise on the deck above you. Below you, you'll have cabins which shouldn't affect you at all. I haven't seen a Deck layout of Deck 11 yet for the Liberty, but on the Freedom, the Hot Tubs are very close to being above this cabin. Not sure if Liberty configuration will be the same as Freedom though.

We are in a GS room 1256 on the AOS in April anybody have any insight on how noisey it will be? (deck 10) We are very excited never been in a suite before and I am looking forward to the balcony.

Thanks for the advice.

Gary

We had a GS last year on the Jewel - It was great. Lots of storage...Beautiful Balcony....Nice Bathroom...Concierge Service...Goodies in your cabin every afternoon...chocolate strawberries....shrimp cocktail...cookies, pasteries...etc.

You will love it.

Oh the noise.....never heard a peep - not a sound....you can pull up both decks to see exactly where you are in relation to the pool...I can't remember our cabin number but it looked like it was under the solarium.

You will love your suite!!!

We had the pool above us on Splendour for our Med. cruise and it was horrible. We heard chairs scraping and people running around due to the fact that the ping pong table was above us! I will never book a cabin without having cabins above and below us.......... unless of course the upgrade fairy visits me!:D

The Jewel OTS and the AOS have completely different configurations for their decks. It's always fun to have a suite though! Enjoy!

That's probably why I told Rum Runner to pull up both decks to see exactly where his/her cabin was in relation to the pool deck.

All the classes of ships are different......I think we all know that...but thanks for pointing that out.

We were directly under the pool deck, and the only time we heard noise was on the last night when they were cleaning the deck above and were moving the chairs around. On the other nights, I ran a small fan I brought with me because I can't sleep without room noise, and it provided just the right amount of white noise to disguise just about anything.

When we packed on the last night, I wasn't thinking and packed "Fanny," as it is affectionately called, and sent it with the checked bags. That's why I could hear noise that night.

We bought Fanny at Wal-Mart for $6.00-I think it was called a "Cool Mate." It is very small and easy to pack, all plastic, and was perfect for noise reduction and to stir around the air too.

We just returned from Explorer, 21-28.JS 1624. No sounds at all, from elevators, above, or even the Baby Grand Player Piano next door to us in the Royal Suite.

It was so nice to be right near the stairs and go up one to the Winjammer, and pool deck. Also the elevators were not nearly as slow or crowded as others have posted. We had a great experience for the entire 7 days.

Thanks for the information. I printed out both decks and lines them up. It looks as though my cabin is directly under the chairs by the SPORT POOL! The only other option is to move unver the mens restroom (if it's available).

Why would they put the suites in a noisy area? Seems silly.

T

We had a GS last year on the Jewel - It was great. Lots of storage...Beautiful Balcony....Nice Bathroom...Concierge Service...Goodies in your cabin every afternoon...chocolate strawberries....shrimp cocktail...cookies, pasteries...etc.

What was your cabin #?

I just checked the deck plan and we are just below the Solarium pool area. What are your thoughts? Thanks again.

Gary

I believe that we were there (I lined up the decks as well)....Not a peep! I think that's the best place to be...they don't slide those chairs...not much activity in the solarium....I think it's a winner!!!

When you draw those curtains across the bed area at night...it is DARK and you will sleep like a baby.

I just checked the deck plan and we are just below the Solarium pool area. What are your thoughts? Thanks again.

Gary

We just sailed the VOS, deck 10 GS1556. I believe we were right under one of the solarium's whirlpool areas. I second threeofus's comments - very quiet in the suite.

I'm not sure but I'll tell you on the 12th. We have 1628 on Explorer and have never had a cabin without cabins above and below as well.

That's very close to the cabin we have! You'll love it! No noise at all and close to elevators and stairs. A quick flight up to the Windjammer and the pool! Have a great cruise! :p

Have been on the 10th floor on AOS, BOS, ROS and MOS and have not had any problem with noise from above. I will tell you that we were on the 8th floor (top cabin floor) on Enchantment (pre stretch) and there was lots of noise from above. I attribute it to older noise dampening techology.

Mark

Archived