A/C in the dining room

Hi, sailing Enchantment in Feb, first cruise. I am shopping now for my summer wear and wonder if anyone has any input as to the temperature in the dining room. All the formal wear is sleeveless or short short sleeved, and I am always concerned about being cold!! Especially when the guys get to wear a jacket, and I am sleeveless. Has this ever been an issue with anyone?Thanks

Lovely ship the Enchantment! We really loved sailing her. For me, I find that ALL the dining rooms are cold. I take a light sweater to throw over my shoulders. I also have a lovely velvety wrap that I take because most of the nights, if not all, DH and I dress for dinner. So the velvet wrap goes better than the sweater. :p

:p Hi I always take a light wrap (in a netural color that will go with all my formal ware) I have been on approx 8 cruises on differant lines and the dinning room is ALWAYS cool to me. I also take a light sweater to carry on those other nights. Happy sailing and don't forget to sign up for your meet and greet parties.

gracesgems

I plan on bringing my black crepe blazer (to go w/black pants and different tops) as well as a lightweight black sweater which should go w/most of my outfits. My formal both have long sleeves (altho they are pretty sheer)....otherwise I guess I'm going to freeze! :D

What I don't understand is why they have to make it so cold? This applies to "land" restaurants, too. The only thing I can think of is for the comfort of the staff, who moves around a lot more than the diner. I for one, hate going to dinner & freezing the whole time. Not only am I uncomfortable while I'm supposed to be enjoying myself, half the time my food gets cold before I have time to finish it! :(

I agree about the air conditioning in resturants (and on board). I wait all year to be warm. I don't want to go out and freeze!

To answer the original question. It's usually cool (if not cold) in the dining rooms / lounges. Bring a wrap.

Archived