My head is spinning!

First-timer here! My head hurts from trying to figure out the deck plans and categories, whether or not we should be in the middle, back or front ( I do suffer from motion sickness :() of the ship...........every time I price this cruise on various sites most of the available rooms are on either end of the ship not in the "middle" where everyone keeps telling me I want to be!:rolleyes: The ship is the explorer. An ideal setup would be dh and I in a balcony and the kids across or (reasonably close) down the hall in an inside cabin. Would I be better off calling RCCL directly. Would they have more availability than TA's? (I've used online & B&M)

helppppppppppppppp:eek:

curly

The mid-ship books faster than other areas for the reason you mentioned and because it is a convenient location. And with the 2 cabin arrangement you want, it leaves you with even less to choose from. I recommend booking early when you have special desires like that. Or you may have to get 2 cabins whereever you find them together.

just so you are aware...the explorer is such a big ship that there's no motion at all! i was on it last september and we did not feel a single bump or rumble! if you want, look at the deck layouts on the rci site and from there you can see which cabons are in the center. then write down a few cabin numbers and give them to your t/a as preferred cabin numbers and location. or...call rci direct and tell them you want senter ship accomadations...they are really good about giving you what you want...

but...have no fear! the explorer is waaaay to big to feel anything!

enjoy! she was our favorite ship!

If you suffer from motion sickness you are supposed to stay center of the ship but also low down. I've never been on a voyager class ship and I don't know how much motion you would feel but I know on the other class ships if you are on the balcony Deck 7 or 8 you will feel the motion. I always stay midship Deck 3 or 4.

Try to stay as center as you can. The Voyager class ships do rock and since your going in November you never know what the seas will be like. We did the Navigator in December and that ship rocked pretty well the first night. The seas were pretty high. After that it was fine. On the Mariner (June)we hit some rough waters the first night but not as bad as the Navigator.

IMHO the forward cabins are worse then the aft. We don't get seasick but the one time we did have a forward cabin my daughter had a tough time of it. Since there are no guarantees of calm water I'd never do another forward cabin. Also one of the head waiters told us that if you can't be mid-ship go more aft. Notice on all ships the restaurants are in the rear and he said it was because the waves have calmed more by the time they reach the rear.

Check this site:

http://www.cruisestateroom.com/ships.htm

It has deck plans for every ship and has descriptions and 3-D of the cabins + it has 360 tours. :D

And plese don't be sooo nervous. Remember you are going on vacation (7 days???) you are not making a major real estate investment. Enjoy! :)

We were on a smaller ship (under 40Ktons) during 14 foot swells... it had no stabilizers (or they weren't working!)... even the crew were sick. There was one poor girl who slept on the deck. We found out that being able to SEE the horizon helped. I don't normally get seasick... even my first cruise on the Soverign during Hurricane Marilyn didn't make me sick. And on the SOS you could SEE the up & down of the motion in the hallways. But, this time... the first 2 days were green. I think the stabilizers, the size of the ship, & the angle the ship hits the swells determine how sick you may or may not get.

I wonder if a balcony cabin would help in that instance or hinder if you're looking at a sideways view?

Archived