Forgot a bag in the port terminal

ghgeckos

We were on the Diamond last week and sonehow miss counted when we were collecting the bags. We got a cab to the hotel, packed the car and were wondering why did the luggage fit so much better? Well half way up highway 5 (about 150 miles later) I realize we left the snorkle bag at the pier. I called the pier as soon as I got home and they said to call Princess on Monday. Wel we called Princess and were told to fill out a form and send it in. Well to our disbelief before we could even fill out the form DHL was knocking at our door and low and behold there was our bag with all our gear. I just wanted to let everyone know what great service princess provided.

Twice! DW won't let me forget it (pun intended). Princess has handled these momentary lapses of cognizance with the same outcome as you experienced. Friends did it in Southampton England a few years ago, and DHL showed up within a week of their arriving back home in the USA.

I'm beginning to think its a great way of having your luggage "portered" home after the cruise. Don't anyone else start this, or Princess will start charging for the service!

We were on the Diamond last week and sonehow miss counted when we were collecting the bags. We got a cab to the hotel, packed the car and were wondering why did the luggage fit so much better? Well half way up highway 5 (about 150 miles later) I realize we left the snorkle bag at the pier. I called the pier as soon as I got home and they said to call Princess on Monday. Wel we called Princess and were told to fill out a form and send it in. Well to our disbelief before we could even fill out the form DHL was knocking at our door and low and behold there was our bag with all our gear. I just wanted to let everyone know what great service princess provided.

Somebody did something similar on our CCL Fantasy cruise last summer. They collected all their luggage and made it to their vehicle. They left with one suitcase sitting there in the parking lot.

Look story short they closed the port and they had to call the bomb squad. We didn't get off the ship until about noon.:)

Bill

Oh my gosh. . . we did the same thing in Buenos Aires just a couple of weeks ago. We realized it, after we checked in to the hotel, while talking to our tour operator. She whisked us back to the pier and there it was. Nice to know that if we hadn't remembered it until later, that it would have shown up at our home.

My story is similiar. I realized that I left a bag at the port and when we got to the airport told the Princess rep there. She called down to the port and told them we were coming. (Our flight didn'l leave till later) We checked the bags that we had and left in a cab to the port. Once there I was met by security & ushered into the building. I was to look over the bags claim mine and open it in front of the security and was asked questions about the contents. I got the bag and was ushered out by security. Once out we thought we would have to get another cab (the original guy didn't wait) but a very nice Princess rep told us that she could get us on the bus going to the airport. What could have been a disaster turned out to be a painless thing. The original bus driver helped also telling us where the Princess rep was located. So there are still nice people in this world and we met a few that day.

Several years ago, we completed a transatlantic into Boston. We were bussed to the local hotel post cruise. Heavy congestion in Boston at the hotel with many people coming and going, created much confusion and our bags ended up being left on the bus and returned to the pier. We were told to check in and our bags would be brought to our room. After waiting several hours, we checked with Princess personnel in the lobby. We had no idea what had happened to our bags.

A Princess representative for the company overheard our confusing story and offered to drive my DH back to the pier to search for the bags.

They were found in "suitcase jail". The same Princess rep. arranged a complimentary tour of Boston the next day in a limo for the two of us. He said that is the least they could do for the inconveniece. True Story!

I'm beginning to think its a great way of having your luggage "portered" home after the cruise. Don't anyone else start this, or Princess will start charging for the service!

Actually, it comes with Seabourne cruises.

If Princess offered it, I'd pay it. I've had enough of dragging bags through airports and wondering if they'd make it. In fact, I'm thinking of calling some carriers in the US to find out how much it would cost to do just that.

Archived