Does RCI still send out thank you letters (with coupon) after sailing?

On all of my previous RCI cruises, I have received a letter several weeks after my cruise thanking me on behalf of the crew for sailing on ____ of the Seas. At the bottom of the letter was a savings certificate for $50 off a future cruise.

I took a cruise on Enchantment in early January, but have not received anything yet. I am looking at booking another cruise, and got to thinking that it would be nice to have a certificate to apply, but I haven't seen anything in my mail yet.

Has anyone received these coupons/thank you letters recently? I am wondering if mine got lost in the mail, or if it is just something that has been discontinued?

My bf just received one, however it was his first cruise. He turned around and gave it to me, I tried to apply it to our next cruise but it wouldn't accept the code, go figure (just as well, a few days later I found a better coupon).

Same here, no coupons, no thank you. Maybe because we are Diamond and book onboard, but the coupons sent in email do nothing for us. They are only for cruises booked the month the coupons come out.

It seems to me that RCI doesn't want us to use their coupons. I guess they want to encourage new customers. I know there are Diamond Discounts, but still had we booked a new cruise that month, we could use them. Seems unfair, but that's their policy.

Katie

Same here, no coupons, no thank you. Maybe because we are Diamond and book onboard, but the coupons sent in email do nothing for us. They are only for cruises booked the month the coupons come out.

Katie

Katie, these coupons had to be used within six months or so, that was the only restriction. You received one for yourself and one for a friend. We used ours and mailed the friends coupons to two others from this board. They were nice :D

###

I just recieved one yesterday, thanking me for my Mariner cruise in January......3rd cruise for me but I think it's the first thank you letter. So to answer the question...yes they still give them out, but apparently not to everyone, and who knows how they choose who gets them.

I just recieved one yesterday, thanking me for my Mariner cruise in January......3rd cruise for me but I think it's the first thank you letter. So to answer the question...yes they still give them out, but apparently not to everyone, and who knows how they choose who gets them.

We still occasionally get the thank you letters but no coupons. Did you receive coupons with your letter?

###

We sailed in dec on voyager and received a coupon thanking us and a $50 coupon. We have another cruise we want to book just haven't... called and asked if you could combine members saving certificates along with coupon and was told they send them out often...lol comparing that to what everyone has has to say.... maybe we where just lucky :p :rolleyes: :confused:

we got the thank you letter and coupons after both of our cruises, however the last one wasnt able to be validated because it cant be combined with any other discounts. WE got the residency discount so its no biggie.

Who knows how the choose who gets them.

Based upon the responses that I am receiving, maybe I’ll get a coupon, and maybe not, but it is by no means a sure bet.

Oh well, I guess I’ll have to pay $50 extra (since I don’t have a coupon) for my upcoming cruise. I was under the impression that one always gets a coupon after a cruise, but that is just my unscientific reasoning based on receiving one after each of my 5 cruises.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Archived