Does RCI still send out thank you letters (with coupon) after sailing?

We received a thank you letter with the $50 Savings Certificate and a short survey. It came about a month after our recent cruise. This was our second RCI cruise and our first certificate.

The certificate is good until 4/22/07 so I'm hoping that the 2008 Alaska cruises are released before it expires.

I went on eBay to see if I could find one, because as much as I despise the idea of someone selling something they got for free, if I could get one for a few bucks it would be worth it.

But alas, there are none to be found. Only used C&A coupon books and SeaPass cards.

My bf just received one, however it was his first cruise. He turned around and gave it to me, I tried to apply it to our next cruise but it wouldn't accept the code, go figure (just as well, a few days later I found a better coupon).

Hey, Z, I'll take it and try it! ;)

Carol

Me too, Zantedeschia-I'd even be glad to pay the postage. :) My email address is kacruiser@sbcglobal.net. I've never gotten the coupons either after any of our cruises. I don't understand why Royal Caribbean sends them out randomly or how they choose to whom to send them. It certainly seems more fair to send them to everyone after the cruise is completed. But once someone posted the code for the friend coupon on CC and I was able to use that. So that is actually all that is needed if the friend coupon is still valid (expiration date hasn't passed). Unfortunately the moderators took the code posting down and said that codes couldn't be posted anymore.

On all of my previous RCI cruises, I have received a letter several weeks after my cruise thanking me on behalf of the crew for sailing on ____ of the Seas. At the bottom of the letter was a savings certificate for $50 off a future cruise.

I took a cruise on Enchantment in early January, but have not received anything yet. I am looking at booking another cruise, and got to thinking that it would be nice to have a certificate to apply, but I haven't seen anything in my mail yet.

Has anyone received these coupons/thank you letters recently? I am wondering if mine got lost in the mail, or if it is just something that has been discontinued?

We cruised in Oct on GOS and yes, we received the coupon.

I just recieved one yesterday, thanking me for my Mariner cruise in January......3rd cruise for me but I think it's the first thank you letter. So to answer the question...yes they still give them out, but apparently not to everyone, and who knows how they choose who gets them.

We cruised Mariner in Jan and have not received a coupon. I do believe we got a coupon after first cruise in 2005. Have cruised 5 times since and no more coupons.

Based upon the responses that I am receiving, maybe I’ll get a coupon, and maybe not, but it is by no means a sure bet.

Oh well, I guess I’ll have to pay $50 extra (since I don’t have a coupon) for my upcoming cruise. I was under the impression that one always gets a coupon after a cruise, but that is just my unscientific reasoning based on receiving one after each of my 5 cruises.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Just a thought of those of you that got coupons did you complete the ships survey??? maybe they use those as a way of determining who to send coupon to? Just a thought ..not concrete scientific hypothesis:D

Just a thought of those of you that got coupons did you complete the ships survey??? maybe they use those as a way of determining who to send coupon to? Just a thought ..not concrete scientific hypothesis:D

I'll be on the Rhapsody 4/8/07 and will complete every survey I find. I could use $50 off. Any discount to get on the Voyager which will replace the Rhapsody and prices are sky high.

We've always filled out the survey on each ship and in addition, were asked by Crown and Anchor to fill out the email survey on smorking/non-smoking and also a telephone survey re the Crown and Anchor magazine (where we very much stressed that the monthly certificates which expire each month are a poor/no substitute for the certificates which used to come in the Crown and Anchor magazine). We even cruise in different Royal Caribbean ships. So I guess we must have poor timing if the basis for getting a coupon and thank you letter is picking a ship that happens to be participating in the marketing survey.

Anyway, if anyone ever decides they don't want to use their coupon, then I would appreciate receiving it and would be happy to pay postage. The coupons are not unique to a particular person or Crown and Anchor number. The coupon code is the same for all coupons which are issued at a particular time, such as quarterly. So there is no danger of personal information being given out by giving away a coupon. My email address is kacruiser@sbcglobal.net.

Texasnana, I wonder the same thing. We sailed the Splendour in November from Galveston, but no thank you letter or coupon. Yet you sailed two months later in January and got one. I've seen others post the same thing about sailing on a particular ship and getting a coupon/thank you letter and we sail on same ship but at a different time and get nothing. So I don't understand either.

i have seen this coupons sell on ebay..one thing my coupon says reserve between 2/21- 4/22/07... there is a id number on mine so i am not sure if that is my crown and anchor number or what?? If i do not use mine i would be happy to send it to some needy cruising person but i am still looking for a cruise....

Texasnana, the number on it is the coupon code. It is not associated with your Crown and Anchor number. Everyone with a coupon that has the same time period for making a reservation has the same coupon code. So there is no danger of sending out personal information if you give away the coupon. Also, some travel agents won't accept the coupon or will discount it, as it cuts into their commission, so check this out if you do book with the coupon. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to email me.

So much for that theory... seems hit or miss to me:eek:

Texasnana, yes, I like the four and five day cruises too and agree with you-- I wish Royal Caribbean would continue the four and five day cruises in the fall on the Splendour or another similar ship. Being in the Houston area makes it so convenient and more affordable to take these short cruises. I just wish I could find more lady friends or had more relatives that could take these cruises. I found a great price on a balcony cabin on the Splendour for a short April cruise and, with my military discount, the price is even cheaper than an oceanview. But none of my lady friends can cruise during that time. :( So I'm still hoping someone can break free...:p

WE have taken 2 RCCL cruises. WE didn't receive the letters or coupons after sailing on Voyager in 2004, but did receive them in 2006 for sailing on the Grandeur. The coupons said they coulsn;t be combined with other discounts, so my husband shredded them as we had booked Explorer for August 2007 with the early booking $99 off per cabin discount that was given for obtaining passports.

Archived