Horror in Owner's Suite!!!

7SeasLover

Horror! There was a SCALE in the Owners Suite bathroom! EEEEEEK! I immediately threw it overboard and now all is well.

The OS is fabulous! Walk-in closet is the best. I don't have enough stuff to fill the drawers. Bath is very nice.

So far the ship is just what I expected in the 34,000 ton class. I just love the Crown!

Just left Uruguay heading for our first full sea day.

Horror! There was a SCALE in the Owners Suite bathroom! EEEEEEK! I immediately threw it overboard and now all is well.

The OS is fabulous! Walk-in closet is the best. I don't have enough stuff to fill the drawers. Bath is very nice.

So far the ship is just what I expected in the 34,000 ton class. I just love the Crown!

We had a bathroom scale in our AE Penthouse on the Star last year. But, unfortunately:D , it didn't work -- someone must have removed the batteries!

Great another story on "Good Morning America". Cruise Ship tragedy. Bathroom scale overboard, that story next....

Thanks for checking in during your cruise. Montevideo was just a so-so port to me, but the trip gets so much more fun from this point on.
I agree with you. Montevideo wasn't my favorite port. I looked for a leather coat but didn't get anything. The rest of the ports were outstanding. Had the best crab meal of my life in Punto Arenas.

See, and I was surprised and delighted by Montevideo! Not the city, although I found it modern and compelling, but the excursions were fantastic. I did the winery and loved it, those who did the Estancia loved it even more!

Jana

We had a scale in the Master bath of the OS when we were on the Sun in December... The only weight it ever showed was the weight of the towel "animals" the suite stewards made up for us everyday... by the end of the week, you didn't even know the scale was there! LOL and I didn't need a scale to tell me what I already knew... I ate too much!:D

No one is making you stand on it.

Get some self control!

Which brings up this story from work. During an maintenance outage, someone cooks a free lunch for all our extra help. When one complained about the selection of "free" food, the cook responded,

"No one is forcing you to eat it."

No one is making you stand on it.

Get some self control! "

We have a scale in our lunchroom at work. I don't know why -- maybe the management is sadistic. You don't need to stand on it -- it just sits there and taunts you. Scales are EVIL:eek:

the only horror is your story! come on, a scale,really. by the amount of views and replies people obviously thinking something else,not good.

If there's a scale in the Owners suite on the Dawn I'll just pretend its not accurate. Although I will be curious to see just how much damage I can do on an 11 night cruise.

Unfortunately there is a scale in the owners suite on the DAWN and STAR, as well as the Penthouses. The scale is not accurate at all, especially when the ship is moving. We did use the scale on the STAR, to weigh our luggage for the plane ride home.:)

Don't feel like you are being picked on.......on the Jewel and the Dawn every cabin from an AE and up has a scale.....:D ...what was Ncl thinking ??

Change it to Kg the numbers look a lot lower...:rolleyes:

Enjoy the Crown...we loved it , its a short walk to everything.

Now a scale isn't the ideal thing to have in an owner's suite:

why couldn't they place a basket of fruit and/or flowers;

how about some strawberry short cake with whip cream...please don't forget the ice cream; and even better

how about a sailor wearing nothing but that basket of flowers....yeah my ideal owner's suite.:D

Actually a scale in a cruise ship room is useless according to the theory I heard a long time ago when I was concerned about putting weight on during a cruise. Our cruise director told us that "you don't put weight on while at sea and floating on the salt water. When you step on dry land that is when you gain all the weight".

Archived