Pricing Appears Up........for 2008/09

While it depends on itinerary...........it appears to me the cruises that have been released so far are up in price. Our 9 night Canada/New England cruise on the Granduer this September is up 19% over what we paid for a jr. suite and it is out of Norfolk.

Anyone else noticing the pricing? Again it depends on itinerary.......and of course not all cruises have been released........but those that have look up to me and some of them significantly.

I've been looking and some are crazy!! We looked at the 8 night GR Canada /NE.............about $4,000 for a balcony............think we'll pass..........

Some of the Caribbean ones arent much better......

I read some of the threads too and compared our 9 night New England on the Explorer, price this year vs next same time and it was just way out of wack, like nearly $4000 more. Plus it had a GS priced higher than an OS. I wonder if the prices are correct. I am going to wait a while and see if there are some adjustments made.

Like you, we have a Next cruise booked and wanted to use for one of the new ones..........just gonna have to see what else comes out next...........

PS....Looked at Celebrity for fun(i know we cant use the next cruise for it).......they have one cruise(goes to SoAmerica and MachuPicchu(?) ....cost?? over 7000pp for an OV!!:eek:

It appears my future cruise option won't even cover the rate increase:D

Maybe that was part of the plot.........offer this new concept called NextCruise and raise the rates...............after all, Next cruise is non refundable..they got us!!

Maybe that was part of the plot.........offer this new concept called NextCruise and raise the rates...............after all, Next cruise is non refundable..they got us!!

Very true........but it has been a long, long time since I did a shorter cruise:) ............and you are so right..........they do have that non refundable deposit...........

Aw heck.........we'll book something:D

The prices does go up compare to last year when they release the prices for similar sailing!

For 23Dec07 Sailing on Explorer the price of a GS is the same price as 21Dec08 for balcony!!

That is big increase!

Waiting for more sailing being release before I can decide what to do..

Panama Canal cruises are way up to compared to what we paid a few years ago also. :eek:

Would love to take that cruise again but not at those prices.

I think prices were so low last year and ships filled up so fast it kinda scared Royal Caribbean from starting prices like that again this year. I think they just want to ease into and see how things go before they adjust the opening prices down.

Jimbo:)

We booked a 12 night med from Barcelona for Sept. 08 (D1 aft) and didn't feel the price was much different than this year. Took me a while to do the math in my head - this year we are on a 12 night from Rome in a JS aft and paid US dollars and next year we have a D1 aft and paid Canadian dollars. Comparing apples to apples the cruise next year is no discernable difference.

Just a reminder that gasoline in my town went up 14 cents a gallon today - just between breakfast and lunch - doesn't it make sense that the price of everything is going to go up - My first cruise was in 1994 - a seven day on the Majesty of the Seas and it cost $799 for an inside room - I went last year on the Mariner and had a balcony for $849 - I don't want to pay any more either but it will have to go up sometime

Panama Canal cruises are way up to compared to what we paid a few years ago also. :eek:

Would love to take that cruise again but not at those prices.

I think prices were so low last year and ships filled up so fast it kinda scared Royal Caribbean from starting prices like that again this year. I think they just want to ease into and see how things go before they adjust the opening prices down.

Jimbo:)

I saw that pricing too Jimbo........sure am glad we did the Radiance 15 day Panama Canal LAST YEAR:eek:

Sorry I meant to post 7/17/08. Same price as this year..

celebrity - What is your itinerary? We were going to go to Bermuda in July 2008 but they are only offering 5 nights instead of 7. :( We are now thinking of doing one of the caribbean itineraries. :rolleyes: When did you book yours?

What is "Next Cruise"? I see it mentioned over and over again, yet I have no clue what it means...

Its a new RCCL program........when you're onboard,you book a cruise with $100 down per person.............you dont need to pick a ship or date(think of it like a ghost booking).....it is good for any cruise for 3 years.............it will entitle you to on board credit for that next cruise you take.....it is NON REFUNDABLE .......

Whne you actually do book a cruise,you'll just make up the difference of the deposit then(if it a cruise 7 nights or longer)............

Its a new RCCL program........when you're onboard,you book a cruise with $100 down per person.............you dont need to pick a ship or date(think of it like a ghost booking).....it is good for any cruise for 3 years.............it will entitle you to on board credit for that next cruise you take.....it is NON REFUNDABLE .......

Whne you actually do book a cruise,you'll just make up the difference of the deposit then(if it a cruise 7 nights or longer)............

That's cool. How much is the OBC?

Archived