Pricing Appears Up........for 2008/09

Unfortunately, unless RC is sailing out of Tulsa next year.......that isn't likely.......and early research indicates it makes no difference what port you sail out of........prices are up.......and many who have taken the time to research this are finding this out..........(not all mind you)

You have a point but as I posted in my early post as long a fuel prices go up, the cruise prices will have to follow. Going to have to work on a Cruise port for Tulsa but even my wealth can't buy that much. :eek:

When I called RCL to book Alaska 08 today( as this was the day it was supposed to be released) I was told the release of Alaska 08 has been delayed due to changes by the revenue department.!! (Whatever that means)

I think what I will do is book the cruise and stateroom I want and see what happens to pricing over the next year. If it does not adjust we will make other plans. I do not plan to give them 50% plus increase for a cruise in 2008 over this years prices.

\

The recent problem between the Iranians and th British had the cost of Oil per barrel go from $58 to $68 per barrel in a few weeks time. it's no wonder that the lines are hesitating to release 2008. I got my cruise in for 2008 but unless you had something already planned it is not going to be easy for anyone to book 2008 after April anyway. Keep trying maybe the crisis with Iran will subside. But after the announcement today on the Iranian Nuclear enrichment program I would not count on anything.......

You have a point but as I posted in my early post as long a fuel prices go up, the cruise prices will have to follow. Going to have to work on a Cruise port for Tulsa but even my wealth can't buy that much. :eek:

All I can say is they certainly DID NOT after the summer of 2005 and Hurricane Katrina........

Rumor has it Hawaii is UP $1,000 per cabin over this years brochure price........:eek: Now this is just a rumor...........confirmation should come this week........

My TA called us last pm regarding Hawaii as we have been waiting to book. He said it looked as if the price for a D1 was $2600 pp as compared to $1749 pp this year!!:eek: :( This is the same ship, same itinerary and same cabins.

Rumor has it Hawaii is UP $1,000 per cabin over this years brochure price........:eek: Now this is just a rumor...........confirmation should come this week........

Jim, when I checked what we paid for our September 2006 Hawaii cruise, and we booked it in July of 2005 compared to what I have heard regarding the pricing for the September & October 2008 Radiance sailings.........the price of booking a JS has increased 45.1%. I would say that is a pretty dramatic increase, especially for Hawaii when you are at sea for 8 days.

My TA called us last pm regarding Hawaii as we have been waiting to book. He said it looked as if the price for a D1 was $2600 pp as compared to $1749 pp this year!!:eek: :( This is the same ship, same itinerary and same cabins.

Rather depressing isn't it?:mad:

Patti

I don't know what to say, much less what to think............I know Hawaii is now probably out for us as an option.........

All of a sudden Silver Seas is competetive:D

Its a new RCCL program........when you're onboard,you book a cruise with $100 down per person.............you dont need to pick a ship or date(think of it like a ghost booking).....it is good for any cruise for 3 years.............it will entitle you to on board credit for that next cruise you take.....it is NON REFUNDABLE .......

Whne you actually do book a cruise,you'll just make up the difference of the deposit then(if it a cruise 7 nights or longer)............

Depends on the length of the cruise..

3-5 nights=$50

6-8 nights=$100

9+nights=$200-----I THINK its 9 nights,,,,could be 12....(sorry)

Is the shipboard credit per person, or per cabin? Can you also still get the Platinum perk for a balcony plus this additional credit? Also, do you have to book the cruise through RCL directly, or can you use a TA when you are ready to book?

I am glad we are booked for a 15 day Hawaii cruise this fall, and I would put down the deposit for a ghost cruise while on board if it gave all the credit in addition to the platinum credits we get anyway.

Carol the shipboard credit is per cabin. Yes you can book with a TA when you are ready to book. We used this option 2 weeks ago on our Jewel cruise and the Next Cruise Option booking went directly to our TA as we booked it. If you want to wait and choose a TA, once you do there is a special number for them to call once you choose a TA.

I am sooooooooooo glad I am booked for Hawaii THIS year. I booked the first day it came out last April for this Oct. Now I want to book the Panama Canal but $$$$$$ ia an issue.:( The only thing I saw that is half reasonable is on the Dawn Princess but that is only for 10 days.

I started a thread like this in the morning, but it has disappeared. I will give it one more try.

As has been pointed out in a few other threads already...it appears that the prices of the new 2008 - 2009 deployments are higher than the same type of cruise for this year. If that is bad....this could be worse....

Today, The price of a suite on a new deployment released just 10 days ago, was raised by an additional $400.00 per cabin. I guess we need to book early to get the cabin we want, and on the hard to get itineraries, book early to lock in the price.

I know this from personal experiance...see the second cruise listed in my sig....

BILL

Ok..........our survey says???

What does everyone think...??

From what I see most prices are up and some depending on itinerary are significant..........but there are a few good deals out there.........just not across the board.........but from what I see prices are definetly up

Hi Jim,

My TA says he could view the Alaska itineraries yesterday, but they were not yet available to book. He thinks they should be open for TAs this morning. It looks like Alaska has gone up significantly as well. We may wind up just taking a land trip to Alaska in 2008. We'll see

LL

I agree that pretty much everything is UP, but it seems like there was a chaotic formula in use!! I'm curious to see how the "blanks" in the deployment schedule are filled in and at what prices...I perused the RCCL website under the ships' view yesterday and some of the gaps are pretty interesting!!! Right now I'm holding three Fall '08 rezzies waiting for the other shoe to drop before deciding which we'll really do!!! It will also be interesting to see how much they increase shorex, etc!!!:eek:

The increases really put a higher value on the C&A, credit card and shareholder perks!!!

Cant wait to see the prices for Alaska.........I would like to go on the Radiance........

Patti and Jim........can you email me.have a few concerns that I heard about the RD,but dont want to get into it on here. I see you both have cruised on her..

parrothead814@aol.com

Thanks

Archived